Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rajt

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:48 am

Here are my firmware feature requests:

Enable radio stations which say 'Unable to stream http' to play (even though some are mms://....). I have 2 UK stations which do this.

blue_94_trooper

Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:01 am

blue_94_trooper wrote:
atrocity wrote:
blue_94_trooper wrote:
Support for WAV streams like the uncompressed 1.4Mb stream from KEXP.

http://kexp.org/about/kexpPR10_00.pdf

http://kexp.org/audio/kexp-uncomp.asx

Seconded. I assume it wouldn't be that hard to do, given that there's no problem dealing with uncompressed WAV data.

bump

bump again

rajt

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:52 pm

I've noticed that the station I am interested in works on reciva.com and I assume on their devices.

Come on ROKU !!!

(I've tried taking the link that Reciva use for this stream and tried it on the Roku but it does not work)

davydymond

RealAudio for British aand Irish Stations

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:26 pm

So now I can get all BBC stations in WMA format. But all of the Irish National stations are on ReaAudio.

I'm told that this format is available on Roku in the States. When will it be available in Europe?

cromei

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:01 pm

davydymond said
I'm told that this format is available on Roku in the States.

Sorry, but this doesn't work in the States, either.

Craig

davydymond

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:45 pm

Thanks for your response cromei. I'm almost certain that I read this in a proper online review of the Soundbridge Radio. I'll try and find it and check it out.

I don't see why Roku can't support Real Audio as well.

Regards

David

Snow123

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:46 am

Any chance we could see some way of providing membername and password to RadioIO? Squeezebox seems to do this nicely, but I want to use SoundBrdige!

sfaris

Support Fixed IP addressing

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:48 am

I would like to see you support the ability to enter a fixed IP address information (IP address, submask, gateway, & 2 name servers) via the remote control.

Presently, all IP addresses are fetched from a DHCP server on the network. The problem is if the network or the SoundBridge are rebooted, a new IP address is usually assigned. That means, you have to change the URL used to control the Soundbridge remotely via it's web interface.

sfaris

Ability to set pre-fetch buffer size

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:55 am

I would also like the ability to set the pre-fetch buffer size on the SoundBridge M1001, either in Kbytes or in seconds.

Presently, I have 2 SoundBridge M1001's, a Denon 4308ci, and my laptop.

All playing the same Internet radio station at the same time, there are many cases where my laptop and the Denon play perfectly (no gaps for re-buffering), whereas the SoundBridges gap and go silent for 5-10 second re-buffering periods quite often.

Since they are all pulling from the same station, and only the SoundBridges are gapping, I believe the problem is the buffer size is too small on the SoundBridges.

Or is it something else ...

CorII

RealAudio esp for BBC

Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:15 pm

My #1 request is for RealAudio support. I can get BBC on my computer,
whynot Soundbridge? Is there no way to use the Helix engine for this?

IMHO, BBC Radio 3 is the best classical music station out there.

- Mark

vin

Fri May 02, 2008 11:02 am

One more vote for live 365!
Would be nice if we could enter a code given by the live 365 guys in the SB or have the SB IP address recognized by live 365 to enable the standalone radio (without PC) to play live 365 stations
This alone would be great - since there is some marketing synergy there, you may want to talk to the live 365 guys

Of course it would be awesome to play rhapsody and lastfm without a pc too - but we may have an issue with song selection - this is where the next idea comes in: ability to hook up a computer keyboard (ideally wireless) to the SB tube and play any request

This said, the existing features are fantastic already and I am grateful that Roku launched radioroku to help the users instead of letting them figure out where to find the radio stations (but this will require a good amount of URL updating on a regular basis - I hope this will be followed-up)
Vince

jdc1947

Fri May 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Vin - You may find this link of future use to enable YOU to update the stream-URLs for any stations that you find no longer play :wink:

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=16084

dave2007

Tue May 20, 2008 10:28 am

I would like to see support for Live 365 & XM radio added...

Also a better method to detect new stations added...right now when we see new stations added there's no list of these new stations. it would be great to be able to browse though a daily list of new stations recently added by dates if possible.

Also real audio...Thanks!

blue_94_trooper

Mon May 26, 2008 1:31 pm

blue_94_trooper wrote:
blue_94_trooper wrote:
atrocity wrote:
blue_94_trooper wrote:
Support for WAV streams like the uncompressed 1.4Mb stream from KEXP.

http://kexp.org/about/kexpPR10_00.pdf

http://kexp.org/audio/kexp-uncomp.asx

Seconded. I assume it wouldn't be that hard to do, given that there's no problem dealing with uncompressed WAV data.

bump

bump again

bumping again since it's been 8 months. Does anybody from Roku even read this thread? I'd rather be told to go pound sand than get no response whatsoever.

Bron

Ability to store and load presets from PC via Web interface.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Did not have time to read the entire thread, so apologies if already requested, but I would like a simple way to save SB presets to the HDD on my PC and then reload them. This would include saving various versions of presets and loading any version via the web interface.

Since the web interface already allows you to set presets and also display current presets, it's clear this could be done fairly easily. I would just like an easy to use facility to store/load presets so I could maintain various versions.

I thought 18 presets would be plenty until I started using them and quickly realized how limiting it is. The favorites are great and do a lot, but they leave no way to save non-radioroku stations except in the precious preset slots.

A simple web app might be all that's needed for this.

Thanks!