Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

MP3 Mike

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:19 pm

I would like the ability to load a CF card for the M series, or an SD card for the R series chock full of Internet Radio station URLs. This would allow us to overcome the 18 custom station limit that is in the current 2.5 beta.

I know on the M series that would mean that you had to use wired ethernet, but that would be OK with me.

fmarques

RealAudio

Mon May 01, 2006 4:58 pm

This is one more vote for RealAudio. I have just purchased my R-1000, and was about to return it because of lack of support for RealAudio, inspite of it being a superb product. My main interest is radio, but my favorite radio stations stream RealAudio. From what I have read in this forum, it looks like RealAudio support is on its way. I will be looking forward to it!
Fernando

matsleight

Real

Wed May 03, 2006 7:23 am

Real for BBC too!!!

stephq

Thu May 04, 2006 7:18 pm

better buffering :(

frequence3.fr is unlistenable at peak times ( works great on my pc, not on the roku m2000)

smp

Mon May 22, 2006 6:07 am

Real Audio for BBC1-BBC4...

Anyone listening at Roku? Lots of people have asked, can we have a detailed reason why it can't be done (I'm sure licensing etc can be negotiated).

KTMCDO

Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:55 pm

how about increasing the number of presets that we can save

KTMCDO

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:57 pm

how about support for flashmedia
or flashplayer internet radio formats
so far a few Clear Channel streams are using this
format

Mikey

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:54 am

I would like to see WMA Voice supported so my M1001 will be able to play my favorite radiostations which are WMA Voice streams...
Current setup:
Pinnacle M1001 SoundBridge, Thomson SpeedTouch 780, Winamp 5.35 w. ShoutCAST and all works fine...

morphic

Sleep Mode

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:05 am

A useful feature for the radio would be a "sleep mode". I like to stream Internet radio at night as a I fall asleep ... however, I don't necessarily want to listen to the stream all night long ;) Being able to select how long a stream should play for before the radio goes back into standby mode would solve this.

Thank you ~steve

RokuPatrick

Re: Sleep Mode

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:28 am

morphic wrote:
A useful feature for the radio would be a "sleep mode". I like to stream Internet radio at night as a I fall asleep ... however, I don't necessarily want to listen to the stream all night long ;) Being able to select how long a stream should play for before the radio goes back into standby mode would solve this.

Thank you ~steve

Which product do you have? The SoundBridge Radio has a sleep timer, accessible via the snooze bar.

KTMCDO

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:09 am

i would like to see the following
1 more presets
2 flashmedia
3 real audio
4 aac

bendeitch

RealAudio

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:45 am

My feature requests (in order of priority) are:

1. Allow alarms to be set by day (or at least to be active on weekdays only). It's not a simple one button press to enable or disable an alarm. It would be much better if I could define the alarm to only be active on weekdays so that I didn't have to fiddle with it once it was set.

2. RealAudio support (please could Roku post here with some idea of when this might, if ever, happen? thanks v. much)

3. The ability to play music from a NAS via a NetBIOS share (i.e. Samba) so I don't have to have a computer switched on to serve my music collection to my Soundbridge radio.

4. Synchronize with an iTunes->Airtunes stream. This is relevant to the Soundbridge Radio especially, perhaps it can act as a set of remote speakers that show up in iTunes just like an Airport Express does. Or it might be easier to implement the ability to stream music to (multiple) Airport Express basestations directly from the Soundbridge Radio. If Airfoil (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/) can do it then there has to be a way :-)

--------

All that said, I love my Soundbridge Radio and the new features you guys are adding, keep those updates coming.

malcolmct

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:02 pm

I'd like to add my voice to all those others requesting Real audio support - especially for BBC Radio 4.

I bought my first Roku product (an M500) after reading RokuAnthony's comment in December of last year that they hoped to add RealAudio support within two or three months. Since then all's gone quiet and nobody from Roku appears to have addressed the matter again.

Following my original purchase, I've picked up half a dozen additional M500s for myself and friends and am now the proud owner of a wonderful SoundBridge Radio, but there's still no word on RealAudio support.

I do know all about running SlimServer and AlienBBC, but am becoming very tempted by the Acoustic Energy WiFi Radio which seems to have the features which the Roku products are lacking. I'm an expatriate Brit in the US and for those of you who've never heard it, there really is nothing to compare with BBC Radio 4 anywhere else in the world.

Please RokuAnthony or someone in the know, let us have an update, even if it's just to say that your plans have changed and you are no longer planning to add RealAudio support.

Thanks

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:20 pm

malcolmct wrote:
Please RokuAnthony or someone in the know, let us have an update, even if it's just to say that your plans have changed and you are no longer planning to add RealAudio support.

Thanks

RokuAnthony posted this just yesterday in this thread: http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... 1194#51194
RokuAnthony wrote:
Version 2.5 of the software is basically complete. We plan to finalize it next week. Real Audio support is very high on our list of features to add, but we don't like to publicly give out dates.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dreamword

Make MP3 URLs playable without a M3U

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:09 pm

There's a semi-trivial workaround for this, but it also strikes me as a trivial fix.

When you enter the URL of a MP3 file as an internet radio preset, it doesn't work. (I use this to make the awesome Weather Channel local audio forecasts a preset -- one-button on-demand weather!) So I just stuck an M3U containing just that MP3 URL up on a server I run, and everything was peachy. But others may not have webhost space readily available or may not be able to figure out what the problem is, so why not just make it able to play MP3 URLs directly?

Thanks!

Joe