Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SirAiwa

OGG and Live365

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:54 pm

The best stations to suit my taste are either under Live365 or streaming OGG Vorbis. So that's the kind of upgrade I'm requesting.

I found some posts somewhere about connecting to Live365, but nothing straightforward that I could make work. Any hints as how to do it, I'll appreciate!

Hellraider

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:17 pm

- Real audio support

- Please add more radio station presets (18 presets are not enough)

- Manual added station URLs should be kept after loss of power. Do not reset to ROKU defaults after loss of power.

- Display bitrate after name of radio station

- Support for radio station services e.g. vtuner where you can browse through lists with hundreds of radio stations.

psycho13

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:38 pm

And another one who would really appreciate support of Real Audio... Right now, I can't listen to the stream at www.sunshine-live.de. And always having a PC running, converting "What you're listening to" e.g. the real audio stream to MP3, serving it to a shoutcast server which is serving it to the Roku is "a bit" annoying and a HUGE waste of energy...

So please, please, please give us support for real audio streams :-)

ken_france

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:08 am

Have posted a plea for Real support in another forum, but spotted this forum so thought I'd echo it here:

Along with the dozens of other users who've posted here, I'd like REAL AUDIO SUPPORT PLEASE!!!!

psycho13

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:36 pm

No reaction as usual :(

ScottCorrigan

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:22 am

What do I want more than any other new feature? Support for PANDORA !!! :D :D :D

Thanks.
Scott

blue_94_trooper

Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:26 am

atrocity wrote:
blue_94_trooper wrote:
Support for WAV streams like the uncompressed 1.4Mb stream from KEXP.

http://kexp.org/about/kexpPR10_00.pdf

http://kexp.org/audio/kexp-uncomp.asx

Seconded. I assume it wouldn't be that hard to do, given that there's no problem dealing with uncompressed WAV data.

bump

JohnS-MI

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:00 pm

#1 Want: Another vote for Real Audio support

#2 Want: More than 18 stations. If they can't be stored natively, a way to store "banks" of 18 stations in my computer and transfer them to the Roku through the configuration web page would be pretty acceptable. Either pick 18 from a long list hosted on my computer, or have several small files, each containing 18 max, transferred as a file name.

#3 Want: displaying bit rate of station while playing

zuovo

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:52 am

JohnS-MI wrote:
#2 Want: More than 18 stations. If they can't be stored natively, a way to store "banks" of 18 stations in my computer and transfer them to the Roku through the configuration web page would be pretty acceptable. Either pick 18 from a long list hosted on my computer, or have several small files, each containing 18 max, transferred as a file name.

It's a bit tricky, but you can assign a playlist of radio stations to each SoundBridge preset to break the 18 station limit. Then you can flip through the stations in each preset playlist using the next and previous buttons (or use the current song queue to jump to a station). See http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?p=71753#71753 for more info.

Hope this helps!

Dude123

Support for RadioIO SoundPass

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:34 am

I just got this response from RadioIO:

>>
Roku currently does not have the capability to request our commercial free streams (We provide them via XML.. If they were to pass Membername and password to us with an url request, you'd automatically get the commercial free streams if your radioio account is current.)
Until they can provide this capability to you... (other devices do!) ... I'd say capturing stream urls you are playing as a logged in SoundPass member is your only option with Roku at this time. We'll keep after them about this!
<<

Any chance we could see some way of providing membername and password to RadioIO? Squeezebox seems to do this nicely, but I want to use SoundBrdige!

Thanks!

RokuDude

mediafriendly

Mon May 14, 2007 6:34 pm

wideasleep1 wrote:
ian wrote:
It would be really neat if the SB could connect to a central "station server" (maintained at the roku website), and browse through stations by genre, and play them.

Hopefully it could piggyback of the regular musicserver client code, so would be pretty simple to implement, but it would be great to browse through radio stations just like regular music.

Ian

Excellent idea! Kinda like the SqueezeNetwork:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14969

I'm not sure how 'up to the task' Roku is in becoming a content provider, but it sure would make for a much more pleasant user experience to have Roku do all of the radio station url maintenance(my recent issues), along with custom formats(xmradio,real,wma streaming,etc) that the client presently lacks. I would also expect techsupport would see a decrease in activity, as the Roku would offer up RokuNet,InternetRadioFavs(saved preferences locally, but urls still maintained by Roku), and Home Server(Twonky in my case). The RSS streaming of News/Weather/Podcasts would be icing on the cake! I know that a transition from hardware provider to content provider would be a major focus shift, but please entertain and discuss the idea. Thanks guys! :)

I second that emotion. Having two reciva radios already, I was really disappointed to see how few stations are in the list - and that some main ones (eg BBC Radio 4) aren't there

mediafriendly

Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 am

a tonne more radio stations please, with updating when you turn on the unit (like reciva)

if you don't want to do it yourselves, how about linking up with a radio station portal, like vtuner?

Roku_alo

Thu May 24, 2007 3:37 pm

Chuckdaddy

Wed May 30, 2007 7:21 pm

I vote for built-in Live 365 VIP support.

humba

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 am

I'd really like to see a station rollover after a number of connection timeouts / connection problems like Winamp has it. I've gone up to > 1000 connection attempts on one station that responds with 401 right now - Winamp tries once, then switches over to the next station in the playlist.
Absent a Playlist, there are still two lists for a rollover: when you're playing a preset, go to the next one in the list and wrap around after position 18, if you're playing from within the favorites, go to the next favorite.
Ideally, the number of retries would be configurable, but even a fixed a mount would be much better than it is now with an infinite number of retries.