Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TC

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:54 am

hokenpoke wrote:
I would argue for relabeling the 'Exit' button as 'Back' Your manual describes it as being like a back button so why not make it so - that's the convention this web-enabled world is used to.

On the subject of Back(Exit), I have always wanted the button to not lose it's place once play is selected. Currently, when I go into an album and push play, any subsequent navigation begins at the top of the menu. I would like to be able to Back(Exit) up to the same place in my browse so I don't have to make my way all the way back down to where I had been. If I want to go to the top, the Menu button can take me there. The Roku already works this way if you press the Add button so it seems doable.

yup another vote here
When I have browsed via a top level and select a 2nd level menu
then a 3rd level
I want to be able to navigate back up the menu levels, using the exit (back) key, totally frustrating to loose the menu context as it does now even with SoundBridge is running software version 2.5.133

eg I would expect that if i press exit when listening to a song
it would display the album list, then exit again would return to the
artist list but this does not work ??

2.6 maybe ?? :)

Gooze

Useful features

Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:16 pm

A few features I would really appreciate:

- Restart button in the browser interface (since it hangs up from time to time while playing internet radio... very useful)
- A sleep timer (30', 60', 90')
- A wakeup/alarm clock function ... wakeup with listening to your favorite internet radio station

David Pallett

Re: Discrete remote code shortcuts

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:23 am

"A stop button! There's already one on the web interface..."

I haven't looked at the web interface, but it sure would be nice to be able to sample some track, and then reject it, (change your mind about listening to it), and go back.

yves

Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:30 am

Something that can be useful (at least to me :) )
The possibility to use the web interface to give the URI of a song in a form, and interrupt the current program with that new song, then revert back to the original program.
(the "hey, listen to that, it's cool" button ;) )

preiter

Remember WEP Passwords

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:31 am

Lately I have been trouble with my Roku not being able to connect to the wireless network. A reboot of the router usually fixes this.

Here's the thing, as soon as I cannot connect to the network, it takes me to > Configure Wi-Fi <, then select the network, then enter the 10 digit WEP key.

It's really annoying to have to enter that key over and over. Could the Roku hang on to the last working network info even though it failed to connect one time?

lottirj

Saving to a backup file.

Sun May 21, 2006 12:28 am

A way to save the network and the system configuration of the Soundbridge, and the user defined presets to a backup file so if the unit has to be reset to the factory values in order to clear a problem, the network and the system configuration and the user defined presets do not have to be typed back in. All you have to do is just reload the backup file. This would be the same as reloading the system configuration of the BIOS of a computer from it's backup.

Regards,
Bob

tek911

Re: Another vote for "Clean Display"

Wed May 24, 2006 10:20 am

PLEASE create an option to disable the progress bar, shuffle, repeat status and time display.

kmaletsky wrote:
I totally agree with 'conger' : "A Clean Display mode where only the track playing text information is displayed across the whole width of the screen. Too much valuable display area is used up to display the current progress bar, shuffle, repeat status and time display."

On the M1000, I can rarely get the entire artist, album and year to display without scrolling. But if the progress bar and time display were gone it would often fit.

There is all sorts of configuration options on the web page for the time and date, why not extend this capability to the main display configuration?

MP3 Mike

Re: Saving to a backup file.

Wed May 24, 2006 11:13 am

lottirj wrote:
A way to save the network and the system configuration of the Soundbridge, and the user defined presets to a backup file so if the unit has to be reset to the factory values in order to clear a problem, the network and the system configuration and the user defined presets do not have to be typed back in. All you have to do is just reload the backup file. This would be the same as reloading the system configuration of the BIOS of a computer from it's backup.

Saving the presets and some of the configuration options would be great, but saving network information wouldn't be very useful, because you couldn't restore it until you had configured the network to get to the backup file.

richdunlop

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:20 am

Please put a preset menu item at the top level of the menu structure as described in this post;

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=51545

lauriedthompson

Fastforward/Rewind

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:41 am

Fastforward/Rewind is a MUST considering even old cassette tape recorders are capable of doing this.

richdunlop

Re: Another vote for "Clean Display"

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 am

tek911 wrote:
PLEASE create an option to disable the progress bar, shuffle, repeat status and time display.

kmaletsky wrote:
I totally agree with 'conger' : "A Clean Display mode where only the track playing text information is displayed across the whole width of the screen. Too much valuable display area is used up to display the current progress bar, shuffle, repeat status and time display."

On the M1000, I can rarely get the entire artist, album and year to display without scrolling. But if the progress bar and time display were gone it would often fit.

There is all sorts of configuration options on the web page for the time and date, why not extend this capability to the main display configuration?

This gets a vote from me too. It's more of an issue on the M1000 than the M2000 but a clean display would be great.

Cybertom

Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:08 am

i have a feature reguest

When browsing to see title name & artist name. Just the same screen view when playing a song.

guysivey

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:49 am

geespot wrote:
The ability to choose what is displayed from the track tags..

Including Comments (where I keep the musicians names) and Composer (where I keep the composer).

I guess if there are too many fields selected, you might need a way of specifying how to display - scrolling, alternating, some lines scrolling, some alternating, alternating frequency...

awatts30

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 am

Add a video out so that the SB can be hooked to a TV to allow library browsing and song queue creation with a graphical interface.

Alucard

Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:56 pm

Oh and while you are doing the video out, you might as well make it display pictures too... oh wait, that was another product... ;-)

(sorry - feeling silly today)