Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SwingOp3

Fast Forward and Reverse

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:47 pm

Here's another vote for a fast forward and reverse function. Even allowing you to go forward or reverse in blocks of time, say 1 minute intervals, unless the forward or reverse buttons were held down.

mountainmusic

Simpler functionality with iTunes

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 pm

It would be HEAVEN to be able to drop song lists into the standard 'Music' window (first on left) in iTunes and play them from there. This is how iTunes is designed to work (and of course, does) with AirTunes.

I have far too much music (in Terabytes) to keep it in a Firefly library. As it is now, I have to reconfigure Firefly system prefs. every time I want to play a different piece of music.

Simply dropping the tracks into the iTunes Music Library -- even though temporary -- is like putting on an album, and hitting play.

Thanks much,

James

TJ

SoundBridgeStatus.html

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:13 pm

I really like the built-in web server, which lets me control the unit from my PC. However, there's one part of the "Status" page (SoundBridgeStatus.html) that I find totally incomprehensible:

Signal Quality: 91
Signal Level: -76dBm

I'm not a WiFi engineer. Are these numbers good or bad? (I have the vague sense that one is good the larger it is, the other is good the smaller it is. But which way is larger for a negative number?)

In other words, how about replacing those numbers with something simpler, like a bar graph that goes from "bad" to "good"?

Thanks,
TJ

jhanlon

Re: Fastforward/Rewind

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:48 am

lauriedthompson wrote:
Fastforward/Rewind is a MUST considering even old cassette tape recorders are capable of doing this.

+1
Jim Hanlon

bobinchicago

Re: Fastforward/Rewind

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:54 pm

jhanlon wrote:
lauriedthompson wrote:
Fastforward/Rewind is a MUST considering even old cassette tape recorders are capable of doing this.

+1

Apples and oranges, don't you think? A physical analogue stream is far different from what Soundbridges do. Would you argue that your old cassette tape recorder should be able to instantly skip to the next track because your Soundbridge can?

(I'm not commenting on the value of the feature one way or another, and the difficulty of implementing it has been discussed elsewhere here. I just saying "bad example.")

ali

Visualisations

Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:07 pm

Can you work on making the 'full screen' actually full screen? Its so dissapointing just being centred in the middle of the screen

Cheers

Alistair

Alucard

Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:20 am

Alistair - sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm really not sure what you mean by your request - what, exactly, has "full screen" mode? Nothing on the ROKU that I know of. Are you talking about a piece of software that you use to control the Roku?

Please explain.

ali

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:52 am

If you put the visualiser to oscilloscope and put it as full screen it only uses about 1/2 the screen length in the centre. Couls this be made to be across the whole length of the screen?

txjim

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:12 pm

rteichman wrote:
Web control should have all the functionality of the IR remote / unit display (text only)

Totally agree with this. Can't see the display from where I sit, web browser control would be helpful and a unique feature.

mcfh

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:57 am

txjim wrote:
rteichman wrote:
Web control should have all the functionality of the IR remote / unit display (text only)

Totally agree with this. Can't see the display from where I sit, web browser control would be helpful and a unique feature.

Try one of the other control options - these all provide a better UI than a browser....
M2000, M1000 & R1000 on iTunes and XP SP2
Integrate your Soundbridge with Windows

hugoread

Track Numbers

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:11 pm

I was pretty gutted to find out there were no track numbers when I got my player the other day.

I pretty much always listen to complete albums and something I always do with CDs is see how far I am through the album, you know, track 11 of 20, or on the display simply "11/20" to save space.

It would be simple and a winner. Much more useful to me than the meter levels bars for example if we need a real estate trade off.

Thanks in advance perhaps...

grommet

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Press "Select" and pick "Get Info"... you'll get more track info, including track # (and total tracks, if you have that defined -- and you are using iTunes or Firefly.)

hugoread

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:02 am

grommet wrote:
Press "Select" and pick "Get Info"... you'll get more track info, including track # (and total tracks, if you have that defined -- and you are using iTunes or Firefly.)

So from what you're saying, I gather that I would have to have the total tracks defined in the tag of the song? This isn't really any good because what you really want is the total tracks in the playlist, which isn't fixed for a track. Also, this would mean re-tagging my entire library, as I don't use this field! What is really needed is the software to display how far you are through the current playlist.

steelbutt

Re: Track Numbers

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:18 am

[quote="hugoread"]I was pretty gutted to find out there were no track numbers when I got my player the other day.

Same here. I have memorised a lot of tracks from my CD collection by their track number, i.e. I know that I like track no.2 from album xyz a lot, but don't know the title. So what I would like is an option to display the track number (if available) when browsing. With the limited display size of the SB it's a real pain sometimes to find the song I'm looking for.
I think that you guys deliver an awesome product and it's good to see that you're listening to your customers. Keep up the good work!

Binary Jay

Binary Clock

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:10 pm

I love binary clocks, what can I say? I'd like to see the ability to set the clock display to show the time in a binary format...