Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

preiter

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:06 pm

How about a sleep timer?

cloudwarrior

Feature request - screen Internet Radio

Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:09 am

Hello
I would like to be able to have more steps when dimming the screen - i find the dimmest one before it goes in to Standbye a little to bright in a dark room.

Toxic Lemon

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:03 pm

preiter wrote:
How about a sleep timer?

I would LOVE a sleep facility. Nothing fancy - just something that switches the unit off after 30 or 60 mins.

I keep falling asleep listening to music in bed, only to be woken up at 4am, scambling for the remote to switch it off! :shock:

Wondercow

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Toxic Lemon wrote:
preiter wrote:
How about a sleep timer?

I would LOVE a sleep facility. Nothing fancy - just something that switches the unit off after 30 or 60 mins.

I keep falling asleep listening to music in bed, only to be woken up at 4am, scambling for the remote to switch it off! :shock:

The sleep timer is present in the firmware in all Soundbridges, you just need a way to get to it. It might not be practical for you, but if you use this java program it'll let you set the sleep timer, as well as the two alarms, for any Soundbridge.
~Moo!
-----------------------
iTunes, iPod, iMac, iPhone, not Itunes, IPod, IMAC, iphone
MAC = Media Access Control while Mac = a brand of computers

Toxic Lemon

Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:44 pm

Wondercow wrote:

The sleep timer is present in the firmware in all Soundbridges, you just need a way to get to it. It might not be practical for you, but if you use this java program it'll let you set the sleep timer, as well as the two alarms, for any Soundbridge.

I've downloaded it and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO very much! It works perfectly. BRILLIANT! :D :D :D

Wondercow

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:24 pm

Glad to help :)
~Moo!

-----------------------

iTunes, iPod, iMac, iPhone, not Itunes, IPod, IMAC, iphone

MAC = Media Access Control while Mac = a brand of computers

preiter

Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:29 pm

If the feature is already implemented in the firmware, it shouldn't be too difficult to add it to the UI.

harmenm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:57 pm

I don't know if it is already said.

I miss a bigger input screen. From a distance is hard to search for artist with the input scroll function. :roll:

rem

enhanced "Now Playing" web page

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:22 am

with quite a few sb remote programs out there, i keep on thinking about a single universal implementation that can be used by anyone and anywhere, and not platform specific. this naturally makes a web-based implementation the easiest of choices. early on, i tried creating a php web page with limited success. now i see that thakoman has also created a php web-based remote that's more elegant. but this still requires that everyone have a computer on to serve as a web server.

then i got to thinking about the "Now Playing" web page that's built in to every sb device. it already has a few essential functions. why can't this be expanded to include the full set of controls that's available via the hardware remote? add an emulation screen to the page and you have a full web remote that's always on, without the need for a web server to host the program.

so how about enhancing the "Now Playing" page to include full hardware remote functionality, roku?
rem
roku digital video player wireless
m500 hard-wired (2)
m1000 hard-wired (1)
firefly mediaserver on winxp
firefly mediaserver on mss+
d-link dgl-4300 router
(static ip on everything...except the netflix player)

ncalsurfer

Better Web Interface / Player

Thu May 01, 2008 7:52 pm

I would LOVE to see the web interface have a built in player for browsing artists/albums/songs/building playlists/creating smartplaylists/etc.

Yes I know there are lots of 3rd party creations out there, only a couple which are usable from my perspective. But my philosophy is the more software packages I have to download and install/configure/modify/hack/restart in addition to the Roku and Firefly, the less useful this becomes to me.

Actually, what would be ideal: a downloadable web-based player which can connect to both the Roku web interface and control it as well as my Firefly server and control it.

That would be a god-send.

Cheers

ncalsurfer

Better Web Interface / Player

Thu May 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I would LOVE to see the web interface have a built in player for browsing artists/albums/songs/building playlists/creating smartplaylists/etc.

Yes I know there are lots of 3rd party creations out there, only a couple which are usable from my perspective. But my philosophy is the more software packages I have to download and install/configure/modify/hack/restart in addition to the Roku and Firefly, the less useful this becomes to me.

Actually, what would be ideal: a downloadable web-based player which can connect to both the Roku web interface and control it as well as my Firefly server and control it.

Think winamp meets airport express and being able to "send" the music to a specified roku and control what it is playing. I'm glad there are are few controls on the Roku web interface (stop/play/ff/etc) but it woudl be great to see playlists, play them, make them, etc.

That would be a god-send.

Cheers

thorstenhirsch

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:12 am

I would love to see these features:

* links in the UI playback screen, i.e. when "clicking" on the artist's name => do a search for the artist by interpret; "clicking" on the album name => list the whole album; maybe you can visualize this by underlining the selected UI component: non selected artist, selected artist

* option of whether to add songs at the end of the playlist or right after the current song when pushing [+] on the remote, 'cause i'd prefer to add them right after the current song

KlaasV

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:26 am

thorstenhirsch wrote:
I would love to see these features:

Look here.

Regards
Klaas

kent110

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Use the iTunes compilations flag to avoid filling the Artist list with tons of one song artists.

Gaddiel

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:10 pm

I'd really like to have the ability to categorize my list. Even if it was all done through the computer, it would still be helpful. For example, I'd like to create folders for Family, Comedy, Documentary, etc. The main reason for this is to cut down the time I have to spend looking through 200 videos to find the one I want...