Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

S80_UK

Re: OGG - please!

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:09 am

dstockinger wrote:
Since i am Austrian and want to listen to one of my favorite radio stations, "Radio Helsinki" from Graz, Styria (http://helsinki.at/live-stream.php).
March 2005 they canged to ogg format, sigh... :shock:

I notice that quite a few European broadcasters (including some national broadcasters) are now using OGG streams. So can I add that to my list...

FLAC, OGG, Real Audio.
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

dahorne

Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:15 am

Real Audio Please (PLEASE) :roll:

Inability to play BBC "listen again" streams is the biggest single problem I have :x

AlienBBC is OK but I don't always want my PC left on :cry:

mgrove

Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:55 pm

+1 for WMA lossless

Losan

Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Windows Media 10 Professional
OGG

ncalsurfer

We want FLAC! Huge Audio Enthusiast Group

Thu May 01, 2008 7:45 pm

I represent a large group of live music tapers/traders/enthusiasts who all *legally* record music and share music. Most of us are very active on www.archive.org where there is a strict policy for uploading and sharing live recordings which MUST be approved by all bands/artists.

The two defacto standards for these recordings have always been SHN/FLAC, but FLAC has seemed to have gained a larger and larger following in recent years.

Yes I know (and use) Firefly for FLAC listening, but transcoding to WAV format first is hardly effecient. Native FLAC support would be incredible!

I'm sure you know the Roku M1001 still falls into a very sweet price point and does a heck of a lot for the money. I am still turning people on to this device if they use FLAC.

willmacdonald

Real Player

Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:29 am

Please can you support Real Player !

I used to have a revo pico wifi which could pick up Radio 4 outside the UK, but equipped with awful speakers.

I replaced it with the Soundbridge Radio which has great sound quality but no Real Player. (I stupidly assumed Real Player would be common on these radios.)

I'm going to have to sell my Soundbridge radio to buy some other Real enabled radio.

jdc1947

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 pm

@ willmacdonald

You had better hurry to sell your Soundbridge Radio before the internal power supply burns out :wink:

Then you can get a Roberts WM201 Wi-Fi Internet Radio and Media Player which is a quality product and now has 8 timers and fantastic sound quality. (Not as loud as the R1000, but then again it doesn't suffer from the very irritating booming bass problem that plagues the R1000). Being a Reciva based unit it supports Real Audio.

BTW - I still keep my M1001s, but certainly don't regret selling my R1000. I now have purchased two WM201s, and highly rate them.

KlaasV

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:04 am

@ willmacdonald and the other people who have posted feature requests:

You all have been wasting time and effort! This thread is now more than three years old. Since it was started, Roku has neither complied to any of the countless requests nor were there any posts by Roku staff members.

Anyone who reads this thread, this thread and this thread (none of which Mr. Wood or one of his dogsbodies found interesting enough to deserve a comment) can clearly see that development has stopped and that the Soundbridge is EOL.

Folks, the game is over! So why on earth do you still bother posting requests?

@ Roku:

As you don't give a flower about what is posted here, finally stop pretending that you are still interested in the Soundbridge and lock the whole "Feature Requests" forum!

Regards
Klaas