Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuPatrick

Other requests

Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:27 am

This thread is for discussion of feature requests that do not fit into any of the other categories.

carman63

Software / Firmware request - Cross-fading of songs

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:43 am

I'd like to have the ability to cross-fade songs (fade current song out while the next song is fading in).

Thanks! :)

Baby Jocko

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:45 pm

CROSSFADE!

I would've thought that this would have been in the final 2.3. How hard can this be?

Buck

Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:20 pm

I second crossfade, but for me it's more important to crossfade radio stations, so make sure you add some 'global' crossfade. Also, let radio play while I'm browsing Itunes library, why does it have to stop? Maybe I'll change my mind.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:33 pm

Baby Jocko wrote:
CROSSFADE!

I would've thought that this would have been in the final 2.3. How hard can this be?

I may be mistaken, but I think crossfade requires two decoders, so the tracks can be mixed together. At the very least it would require pre-processing of the crossfaded portions of both streams, then an in memory mix of those bits, all during playback of the first stream. I certainly don't think it's as easy as you seem to think it is.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

FlACwaiter

Sorting

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:43 am

It is o.k., that the Songs are sortet by number, after klicking to an album.

But if you klick "all titles" it would be much better, if you found the song sorted by name! (for example: if you have 12 CD's from Sting, and go to "all titles" you must scroll a long time, to find a special song. Alphabetic would be much easier.

FlACwaiter

menu structure

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:58 am

Please: Give me a possibility, to go after the title choice again step for step back in the menu!! for example I want to go back to the Komponist and listen to another CD from him. But I must search from the beginning.

wiredhernandez

Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:10 am

Please add the BOLD FONT back as in 2.1 ... I am running the old software still and will not upgrade to 2.3 ... please .. please ... Cant see the slim font from sofa on M1000!!!!!!!!!

MP3 Mike

Shuffle the Shuffle mode

Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:08 pm

It would be nice if the shuffle mode would shuffle itself.. It seems that everytime I pick something to play in shuffle mode it goes in exactly the same order...

Maybe start the shuffle seed with the time, or pop shuffle numbers in the background so it would depend on how long it had been on, how long the track was, etc...

MP3 Mike

Different remote codes

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:06 pm

How about a way to have different remote IDs (with a universal remote) so that I could have multiple SoundBridges in the same room and control just one at a time.

n8gray

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:33 pm

I want to be able to hack this thing!! 8) 8)

I would like a port of uclinux to the SoundBridge, even if it doesn't support any codecs at first! The community will quickly provide some.

Failing that, you should provide an SDK for writing codecs that can be downloaded to the SB without needing to be integrated by Roku. This is the only way we're likely to get support for Apple Lossless.

Also nice would be the ability to run Python or Lua code on the SB, so that we can customize the UI in interesting ways.

GilesGuthrie

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:50 am

I would like my Soundbridge to increment the Play Count of the tracks in iTunes.
Fantasy F1 - Blog - Forums - Reviews by giles-guthrie.com

pauls

Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 pm

Pri 1: Crossfade, please!
Pri 2: Increment play count and last play datetime in iTunes

Thanks!

n8gray

SoundCheck/ReplayGain/whatever

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:25 pm

Diving for the remote to adjust the volume after every other song is getting really old. The lack of SoundCheck/ReplayGain/etc support to automatically normalize volume levels is really getting me down on an otherwise excellent product. And no, I'm not interested in using mp3gain or aacgain, as that would add yet another step to the process of adding music to my library...

This feature would need to be configurable, of course, in order to not break passthrough of DTS streams and such.

Richie1957

Re: SoundCheck/ReplayGain/whatever

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:18 pm

n8gray wrote:
Diving for the remote to adjust the volume after every other song is getting really old. The lack of SoundCheck/ReplayGain/etc support to automatically normalize volume levels is really getting me down on an otherwise excellent product. And no, I'm not interested in using mp3gain or aacgain, as that would add yet another step to the process of adding music to my library...

This feature would need to be configurable, of course, in order to not break passthrough of DTS streams and such.

Hi n8gray,

Ripping CD's as well as other methods of getting music into your music
library is allready work enough I must agree.
So when it comes to keeping my music at the same level I use the TERK VR-1 volume regulator.
See Here:
http://www.terk.com/pdfs/VR1.pdf

The only catch is it only has RCA L/R outputs.
So if you are using the RCA outs then this might work nicely for you.
Good Luck. :D
Regards Richie....

Two M1000s; One M500; One Sonos System; iTunes server; WRT54G Router.