Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sking

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:17 am

Wake-on-Lan! I'm so tired of climbing upstairs to wake my PC from standby so that it can connect to the server.

After starting to playing a selection, allow the back button on the remote to remember where you are so you don't have to go all the way back to "home" to continue browsing.

Peekstra

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:33 pm

I'd like to see a different volume control like Winamp's hybrid volume for example.

AMI

Wake-on-LAN

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:18 am

I would also like to see a Wake-on-Lan functionality to wake up a sleeping media server.
If the Soundbridge cannot reach the server because he is in stand-by mode, she should send out a so-called magic packet to wake him up.

Peekstra

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:48 pm

The soundbridge currently doesn't retain the volume when you switch it off with a powerswich.

Sadly the volume jumps to 100% when you switch it on again. This isn't very convenient when you have active speakers which cannot be easily reached and thus have been set to a fairly high volume.

rajt

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:49 am

Here are my firmware feature requests:

1. Fast forward. My Netgear media streamer can fast forward, but not sure if it has more hardware resources to do it (I'm sure this has been requested many times!).

2. Bookmarks. (Useful for audio books).

Thanks

tal

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:14 am

Peekstra wrote:
The soundbridge currently doesn't retain the volume when you switch it off with a powerswich.

Sadly the volume jumps to 100% when you switch it on again. This isn't very convenient when you have active speakers which cannot be easily reached and thus have been set to a fairly high volume.

I believe the reason is that the settings are only saved to flash during normal shutdown. So all you need to do is set the volume to the level you like it and turn the SoundBridge off using your remote. Now way min. 10 seconds and the settings are saved. Next time you turn the SoundBridge off the hard way by removing the power it should be reset to the values you last had when turning it off gently.

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR

rossburton

Support mDNS lookups

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:57 am

I love that the SoundBridge uses Zeroconf/mDNS to announce itself as soundbridge.local, but it doesn't lookup mDNS names in Internet Radio URLs.

My NAS runs lastfmproxy, so I added a radio preset to http://redbeard.local:1881/lastfm.m3u, but the soundbridge can't find that name. If I use the IP it works, but at some point the NAS will be on a new IP.

Of course, dedicated lastfm playback would also be great, let me enter my username and password then pick Recomendation radio and so on.

jpcwebb

Memory recall

Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am

Please add the ability to store a point in a track (not radio, obviously) and recall that position to return to it at a later point (I guess as another member has written, 'bookmarks').

jpalo

Re: menu structure

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 pm

FlACwaiter wrote:
Please: Give me a possibility, to go after the title choice again step for step back in the menu!! for example I want to go back to the Komponist and listen to another CD from him. But I must search from the beginning.

I absolutely second this. One of the features that makes at least iPod so fantastic is that you can hit on MENU when you're listening to a song to go up in the hierarchy of songs - albums - artists.

Obviously it has to take into account if the user went to the song via All Songs, so it has to remember the user's path.

jpcwebb

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:22 am

thaughbaer

Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:15 pm

RCP GetDisplayData for HomeMusic

IslandInTheSnow

Web gui password protection

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:27 am

I'm new to the Roku product line, and have poked around some, but have been unable to find a way to lock down my web gui. Is there a password protection feature or other way to lock-down the Web GUI?

My network is secure. I live in a fraternity house so sharing iTunes provides a great resource. But if someone finds my Roku's IP, it is essentially subject to his bidding. I don't particularly like the thought of a practical joker changing my volume in the middle of the night.

Any thoughts? Or am I simply missing an obvious feature?

jjaf

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 am

IslandInTheSnow:

Web UI can be disabled from Soundbridge Configuration menu, Network Control option.

BTW for the future I suggest you post questions like this on a new thread to get maximum attention.

socialcharlotte

Re: Memory recall

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:38 pm

I agree something like this would be great for sampling..
jpcwebb wrote:
Please add the ability to store a point in a track (not radio, obviously) and recall that position to return to it at a later point (I guess as another member has written, 'bookmarks').