Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

stretch

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:55 pm

RobinMonks wrote:
I send the request for having some sort of open source kernel on the soundbride, or at least release enough API/SDK data so we can place our own commands/codecs on it.

Great communities rise up around open source, and you would still make the same money from the hardware. Open source it! :)

Robin

This has been raised before, there is also the problem of the compiler. It's proprietry & $$$$$

mcfh

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:27 am

This is a bit harsh but I have noticed that when my Netgear WGR614 v6 updates its settings it sometimes has to restart itself and in the process the SB's can fall off the wireless connection.

It would be nice if they, if the connection disappears, attempted to reconnect on a periodic basis.
M2000, M1000 & R1000 on iTunes and XP SP2
Integrate your Soundbridge with Windows

toxicate

Sat May 06, 2006 1:09 am

Following things could be usefull:

- Rewinding and Forwarding via long press the previous and next buttons, for instance for long playing mp3
- Automatic shutdown after some minutes if you didn't use the soundbridge, very usefull if you fall asleep ;)

Rello

Sat May 13, 2006 7:31 pm

i wanted to give one more vote for
- Alarm (start playing)
- Sleep timer

i know it was requested gazilion times already.
here is one more! ;-)

perhaps at 2.6?

Nandy

A real standby

Tue May 16, 2006 1:36 pm

It would be nice to have a more less power consuming standby.
In the recent standby the Wifi-card is working, web server is serving. Maybe the display driver circuit is also working just writes 0 brightness signal to the screen...

Regards,

Agarius

Wed May 17, 2006 10:42 am

Now, i have 2x 1001 Pinnacles :D
1)
It would be nice to arrange the presets with any export-funktion.
Now, I must copy/paste vom Roku_Living_room to Roku_kitchen.

2) written at other place, too:
It would be nice to jump direkt to "FOLDERS" on my TwonkyVision.
My woman says the way to "Folders" is so long.

3) I have 3 Accesspoints, on fritzbox 7050 - ever running. In the working room 1.st level an Netgear and in my living room a DLINK configured as a Bridge to the Fritz@Box.
Is happens, that the Roku does´t connect to accesspoint living room because is it powred off. Then both Soundbridges must configured manually to another AP (with KEYs).
Q: Is it possible to program a function "it configured AP off, try next known...." or so ???

fizze

Thu May 18, 2006 12:08 am

Q: Is it possible to program a function "it configured AP off, try next known...." or so ???

I second that.
A list of APs with SSID/Keys with a predefined search order would be really appreciated!
:)
Soundbridge M1001
de-u/c'd NSLU2 Unslung 6.8 - mt-daapd svn-1696

dhensley75287

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Yet another (possibly forlorn) request for replay gain. Yeah, I know about mp3gain , but there isn't an apegain for my 300 or so lossless albums. This is turning into a big deal for me--replay gain is a pretty mature concept and my whole tool chain supports it...except the Soundbridge. I guess I can understand if it's not physically possible with the existing DSP, but the SB already has a volume control, so I'm not sure why that setting couldn't be adjusted from nominal by the replay gain tag value for each song.

BTW, although I feel strongly about not having replay gain, I am as strongly positive about the features that have been added to the SB over the last year or so, especially being able to add containers as presets--a huge improvement in usability.

allenc3

Change name of Windows PC serving up tracks

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:30 pm

Is there any way to change the Roku displayed name of the Windows PC that is running WMC from the PC network name plus WMC ("Play HP876:1: Windows Media Connect") to something more sensible ("Play PC Tracks")?

I think iTunes servers allow for this.
Roku M1000, M500, SB Radios, Netflix Player, WiFi, Win7, Windows Home Server, Verizon FIOS router

Ted Harper

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:37 pm

I'd like to be able to see more detail about the connected media server (either after you have connected, or in some sort of a Get Info... selection from the list of available servers), viz:

* Name and version of the server software (Firefly svn-1206) from some identification string announced by the server. If the string served by the server included some platform information relating to what its binary was built for and running on (Win32, OSX, etc) that would be good too.
* Protocol being used between server and SB (UPNP, DAAP, RSP, SlimServer).

This would I think be good for problem isolation (between users on the forum), as well as support requests to Roku, because then pretty-much everything could be gathered via the Soundbridge UI, rather than having to talk the user through finding the configuration information on a variety of media server packages and OS platforms.

ted.h.

grommet

Re: Change name of Windows PC serving up tracks

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:47 pm

allenc3 wrote:
Is there any way to change the Roku displayed name of the Windows PC that is running WMC from the PC network name plus WMC ("Play HP876:1: Windows Media Connect") to something more sensible ("Play PC Tracks")?

I think iTunes servers allow for this.
The name is controlled by the UPnP AV server... And you can't do much with WMC 2.0, by design. But you can change the numeric you see: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... .aspx#4_10

irjason

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:03 pm

toxicate wrote:
- Automatic shutdown after some minutes if you didn't use the soundbridge, very usefull if you fall asleep ;)

I would like to second this. I think it would be even better than a sleep timer.

squiddity

can bonjour hostname reflect soundbridge name

Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:15 pm

Can the mDNS hostname reflect the assigned machine name? It would be easier to contact the machines that way. My M1001 will only respond to "soundbridge.local", not "myassignedname.local". Assigned names will make sorting them out easier...

Ratso

Reduce constant port 3483 broadcasts

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Hello all -

I had an occasion yesterday to delve into my syslog files and noticed something quite surprising:

My SoundBridge M1000 is issuing a UDP broadcast packet to the "255.255.255.255:3483" address every 40 seconds, around the clock, whether it's running or in standby mode. According to the IANA port list, 3483 is assigned to the Slim Devices Protocol so I assume this is the SB seeking out a SlimServer.

Now my router, like any good router should :-), discards the packet and logs it as an error. No harm, no foul I suppose. It just seems so wasteful to a network engineer who's been around long enough to have used Banyan...; besides clogging up my log files.

I realize this is a low priority, but for the record I'd like to see the behavior changed in a future release. Here are some alternatives:

(a) For example, it would seem more net-friendly to probe using the local network's broadcast address as opposed to the 255.255.255.255 address. After all, the SoundBridge has access to the local IP and the subnet mask.

(b) And/or, you could restrict the broadcasts to when the SB is actually on.

(c) On the other hand, an OPTIMAL solution would be to add an "enable/disable" switch for Slim Server support to the configuration panel (or at least the telnet console).

I can't say when this behavior started as it's been months since I reviewed my logs with any degree of scrutiny. Oh yes, and I'm running firmware 2.5.171 and only use the wired ethernet interface.

Regards,
Ratso

Ratso

Re: can bonjour hostname reflect soundbridge name

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:02 am

squiddity wrote:
Can the mDNS hostname reflect the assigned machine name? It would be easier to contact the machines that way. My M1001 will only respond to "soundbridge.local", not "myassignedname.local". Assigned names will make sorting them out easier...

What an OUTSTANDING request squiddity. I'll second your motion!

Regards,
Ratso