Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TimD
Topic Author

Shuffle Everything?

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:03 pm

Any way to include a menu item that will automatically find all the media in the connected library and start playing it shuffled? Right now what I do is have a playlist that contains everything, but when I rip a new CD, I have to manually add it to the playlist so that the Roku can pick it up when I play me "Everything" playlist. Being able to pick a "Shuffle Everything" option off the playlist menu would be awesome.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Shuffle Everything?

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:27 pm

TimD wrote:
Any way to include a menu item that will automatically find all the media in the connected library and start playing it shuffled? Right now what I do is have a playlist that contains everything, but when I rip a new CD, I have to manually add it to the playlist so that the Roku can pick it up when I play me "Everything" playlist. Being able to pick a "Shuffle Everything" option off the playlist menu would be awesome.

I may be wrong, but I think you can just go to "Browse Songs", add all to the current playlist and shuffle that... ? (I have too many tracks in my library to try this, but I think it should work)

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

grommet

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:04 pm

Correct. Doing "Browse Songs" is a list of every single song. So just shuffle and play. Fine if you have less than ~13K tracks.

TimD
Topic Author

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:13 am

Ah, hadn't realized that. Thanks a bunch!

Richie1957

Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:10 am

Also if you use iTunes you can setup a smart play list that updates automatically. :wink:
Regards Richie....

Two M1000s; One M500; One Sonos System; iTunes server; WRT54G Router.