Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TimD
Topic Author

Song Info Interaction Options

Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:50 pm

I was showing my wife how to work the SoundBridge tonight and she asked a question that I thought provoked an interesting idea.

We were playing a shuffled playlist, and she said, "What if I hear this song, and then I want to listen to the rest of the album?" That got me thinking, it would be cool if there were options on the "Get Song Info" screens where, when the cursor is on the Artist or Album, you could hit "Select" and get the option to drop the existing playlist and create a new playlist consisting of either all of the Artist's songs available, or to play the Album selected.

For example, say I'm going through a playlist and "Supernova" by Liz Phair comes on. When I hear it, I think, "Hey, I want to listen to that whole album right now." So I could then Get Song Info, scroll to "Album: Whip-Smart" hit "Select" and see a list of options like:

- Play this album now (drops the entire current playlist and starts from the album's beginning after the current song ends)

- Add this album to the song list (inserts the entire album into the playlist after the current song)

- Add this album to end of song list (adds the entire album, but at the end of the existing playlist)

Similar options could be offered for Artists, like Play Everything By This Artist, Add This Artist to Playlist, Add This Artist to End of Playlist

grommet

Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:39 pm

I posted something similar in the UI feature request thread: http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=11