Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Shodan
Topic Author

Can you scroll endless in both directions ?

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:59 pm

Hello,

is it possible to scroll "endless" in both directions ?

e.g. i'm in the artist list on "A" like Abba and want to scroll to "Z" like ZZ Top.
So i have to press "cursor right" 25 times to reach "Z" and then "cursor down" x times to reach the artist ?
Why can't i press "cursor left" once and be on "Z" if i'm standing on "A" ?

"A" --> "B" --> "C" -->"D" ... = cursor right
"A" --> "Z" --> "Y" --> "X" ... = cursor left

The same thing with the menu listings.
Why can't i scroll endless in BOTH directions ?
When i'm on the top of a list why can't jump to the end when i scroll backwards ?

Or does this have to do with the used server ?

greetings from Germany
Shodan

grommet

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:29 am

Try the feature request forum. This is a SoundBridge UI function.

conger

Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:43 pm

This must be the most requested feature. For some reason the Roku guys do not appear to consider this an enhancement worth implementing. I can't understand why this has not been implemented.
XP SP2, Linksys WRT54G wired configuration, SB M1000, iTunes 6.0.0.18 for main mp3 music and playlist server, SlimServer 6.0.2 with modified Slim.exe by bpa, AlienBBC 0.98, Mplayer 1.0pre6 for BBC radio. NAV2003 Prof, standard XP firewall.

Shodan
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:30 pm

...sorry, i didn't think that this was realy a Soundbridge UI problem, but mayby the Twonky server or just a hidden setting.

Realy surprised that the UI can't do this.

Greetings from Germany
Shodan

conger

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:00 am

Shodan wrote:
...sorry, i didn't think that this was realy a Soundbridge UI problem, but mayby the Twonky server or just a hidden setting.

Roku tends to think of these "issues" not as bugs or problems, but as deliberate design features, that operate in a way different to the way that most normal users would expect. E.g. To go from A to Z, needs 25 button presses, is how the Roku was designed. They though "press only 1 key, I don't think so, that would be confusing for users". Perhaps the world is flat after all ...
XP SP2, Linksys WRT54G wired configuration, SB M1000, iTunes 6.0.0.18 for main mp3 music and playlist server, SlimServer 6.0.2 with modified Slim.exe by bpa, AlienBBC 0.98, Mplayer 1.0pre6 for BBC radio. NAV2003 Prof, standard XP firewall.

RokuMike

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:38 am

Actually, in this case, wrap-around scrolling is on the to-do list. However, as with most things that people here casually assume are trivial, it is not. It needs some UI work and a bit of a re-write of the list widget, so it needs to actually have some time assigned on the schedule. Other items have been higher priority so far, and since it takes ONE long button press to get from A to Z (we do have key repeat, you know) this one hasn't been urgent.

Shodan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:31 am

..thanks :D

Is there any chance that you will publish the "to do" or "in the making" list ?
Or what wished features are in the making ?

Greetings from Germany
Shodan