Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DavesNotHereMan
Topic Author

Little speakers. Buttons. Table/Clock/Blaster versions.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 pm

Would like to see a version of the Soundbridge that has little speakers (which could be disabled - don't want to cost us the analog and digital outputs).

Here's my reasoning: Radio is all over the place, but the Soundbridge is not. To get internet radio with the Soundbridge, you have to also have a stereo system nearby.

OK, easy to sell me one Soundbridge, but after I got one, I got another for the bedroom. I could buy more for other rooms, but that means putting a stereo in the other rooms. Not going to put a stereo into the kitchen or garage to run this thing. Don't really want to have to fsck with two remotes to listen anyway.

So you could probably without a lot of effort build a version into a clock-radio or table-radio format. Would be nice to plug in and listen anyplace in the house. Wi-Fi helps this work.

Doing this will of course mean adding a very basic set of buttons to the unit (and making the clock feature work like an alarm clock with snooze/sleep, etc.), but you're not far from the basics with the M500 (though that fugly LCD Character display has to change a little - the M1000 is so much nicer). If you're going this far (for what will be a very high-end clock-radio), please put in dual alarms, and since it's a computer, it should be able to let us choose a couple of separate tunes from our library or a couple of different radio stations to use for "wake to music".

Could also build a blaster form-factor - nice to take out to the deck or to the garage/basement, etc. Again, Wi-Fi helps this work.

Burkhardi

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:55 pm

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... ht=wmls11b

Soundbridge portable P1001..... (yea I wish), but really, look at the above link and you will see some others wish list for the same too.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

RokuPatrick

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. We highly value customer suggestions when developing future products.

Wilkinson

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:04 am

A English company called NXT have a licence for flat speakers that can be integrated into almost any surface, including the display of the Soundbridge, you probably wouldn't even have to increase the size of the units. http://nxtsound.com

DavesNotHereMan
Topic Author

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:24 pm

Gee, that was fast. Thanks for listening, guys!

D

RokuPatrick

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:13 pm

Well, you requested it and we had no choice. We've only been working on it since last tuesday! ;)