Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuPatrick

SoundBridge Radio Feature Request Thread

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:30 pm

Please place SoundBridge Radio-related feature requests here. Requests that would apply to other SoundBridge models as well should be placed in the SoundBridge Feature Request threads.

Tomas

Dim display using knob when in standby

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:41 pm

I have already posted this request in another thread, but as this thread now exists, I am posting it again.

When the SB Radio is in standby it would be great to be able to turn the knob to alter the brightness of the standby display (the same function as the left and right navigation buttons on the remote).

StephenPM

Record to SD Card

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:33 pm

It would be very handy to be able to record to the SD Card from the Internet radio stations. Sort of the old school way of podcasting.

mindhead1

Add a Line in to the unit...

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:01 pm

I don't know how good the radio sounds, but if the speaker set is good (build in sub and all) it would be nice to be able to use the unit when not connected to a network by plugging an MP3 player derectly to it.

clayj

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:21 pm

Feature request: For the clock view (when the unit is on standby), please add this display option...

BIG TIME day of week,
BIG TIME month day, year

In other words, BIG time digits on the left (two rows high), with the day and date to the right on two lines, sorta like this:

11:20 PM Wednesday
11:20 PM March 1, 2006

(Just try to imagine the time as being HUGE digits. It's not easy to show here what I am talking about.)

clayj

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:47 pm

Oh, and another feature request: We should be able to change the hostname of the SBR from "Roku" to something else... assuming we can't already.

GeneArch

Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:39 pm

1. About 10 seconds longer before screen saver kicks in. Right now, when reading the title of a longish podcast, I miss the most important part.. the date:

ex: The Phil Hendrie Show - February 28, 2006

Gets to about the Feb...

2. When clock screen saver is on, show the countdown timer symbol as well as the alarm symbol. Often, I set the alarm and countdown timer, doze off a bit and have to find the remote to see if I in fact did set them..

3. Set alarms via browser interface.
4. Auto shutoff at end of current song, podcast or whatever.

RokuPatrick

Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:50 pm

Gene,

In #1, are you talking about the Full-screen visualizer?

GeneArch

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:40 am

RokuPatrick wrote:
Gene,

In #1, are you talking about the Full-screen visualizer?

Yes, the time is too small on the partial screen.

Tomas

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:06 pm

Multiple presses on a preset button could toggle preset banks, i.e. if I press button "1" once, preset A1 starts to play, but if I press button "1" two times quickly, preset B1 starts to play and if I press button "1" three times quickly, preset C1 starts to play.

As the display shows information about the current bank while pressing a preset button, it should be possible to make this feature understandable.

Adam Krantz

option to hide track times on now playing screen

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:05 pm

I'd like an option to hide the track times on the now playing screen. I'd rather the width was used to show the track and artist names instead.

Adam Krantz

show track AND ARTIST name in track list

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:08 pm

In the track list (when pressing FF to the next track, or when you cursor down through the list) I would like to see both the track and artist names as "track - artist". Since only the track name is shown now, it is hard to know which song it is without the artist name.

Adam Krantz

show track AND ARTIST name in track list

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:08 pm

In the track list (when pressing FF to the next track, or when you cursor down through the list) I would like to see both the track and artist names as "track - artist". Since only the track name is shown now, it is hard to know which song it is without the artist name.

Adam Krantz

new alarm features: choose days, more alarms, more buzzers

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

I would like to be able to specify which days of the week I would like the alarm to go off, so I can set an alarm for just Mon - Fri, and another alarm for the weekend.

It would also be useful to increase the number of alarms from 2 to 4.

On the main screen which shows when an alarm is set, instead of a top bell icon and a bottom bell icon, it would be better to show a bell with a number, so the top icon would be a bell with a 1 after it. I know that having more than 2 alarms makes it more challenging to show which are set. Perhaps a bell icon with 1 2 3 4 after it (and then number hidden when not set) would be better.

I would also prefer more buzzer settings -- although now that I think about it I should perhaps just download a music file that sounds like an alarm and play that. It is something to think about.

Samvega

Updated squeezebox support

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am

I received the following reply to a question I asked in another forum:

Roku does not support the latest versions of Slimserver (6.2.1, 6.2.2beta & 6.5beta) but they do work. Some plugins such as AlienBBC (for RealAudio support) require a patch due to a bug in the emulation.

Currently there are some display problems which were introduced since 2.5beta1 but they haven't been addressed - hopefully they will be fixed in the final version.

Pandora is only available through SqueezeNetwork which is only accessible from Squeezebox V2 & v3 and SoftSqueeze - the Roku emulation is only Squeezebox v1 so Pandora is not available.

Please implement updated emulation for the SqueezeNetwork and Slimserver! Thanks!

-James