Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sluggern

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:18 am

I know this has been requested before,but:

A simple equalizer!

kn6vv

heat dissapation concerns?

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:43 am

I find myself running the display brightness very low when running my two M1001s and all the way off when not using them. I do this because I find the units become almost hot to the touch after long use. If I run the units on brighter settings I notice a big increase in the heat! I love my two Roku M1001s but fear heat related failures to the circuits over time!

I am wondering if it would help if the internal heat could use some kind of vent holes or vent screen in the main body to allow more air circulation? Are the ROKU units subject to frequent heat failure? Opinions please?

Thanks for listening.

Tom - kn6vv

WokYouOz

Large Clear Font For Time Display

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Please use all the pixels to get the largest size display for the time and use an easy to read font.

UweMD

http proxy

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:44 am

I wish a configureable http-proxy
background: in some nat'ed networks http access is only possible over http-proxy, so the internet radio is unusable without. The Sourcecode to implement a http-proxy is very simple as I know from my own Shoutcast-Receiver project for the RIO-Receiver.

Uwe

midiwall

Re: new alarm features: choose days, more alarms, more buzze

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Adam Krantz wrote:
I would like to be able to specify which days of the week I would like the alarm to go off, so I can set an alarm for just Mon - Fri, and another alarm for the weekend.

It would also be useful to increase the number of alarms from 2 to 4.

Yeup.. what he said (yeah, I know it's an old post). :)
:: Mark

Punga

Re: new alarm features: choose days, more alarms, more buzze

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:11 am

Hi,

midiwall wrote:
Adam Krantz wrote:
I would like to be able to specify which days of the week I would like the alarm to go off, so I can set an alarm for just Mon - Fri, and another alarm for the weekend.

It would also be useful to increase the number of alarms from 2 to 4.

Yeup.. what he said (yeah, I know it's an old post). :)

100% agree! This is my #1 top-feature request! I think an expensive toy like a Soundbridge Radio should be able to do stuff much more cheaper products already are able to... :)

Thanks
Punga

midiwall

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 pm

So, after a couple of weeks with my Radio, I've come up with a couple of things that I'd like to see... (some of these are repeats, but I figured another vote is a good thing)
  • Day-of-Week features in the alarms
    (I know, common request :))
  • Alarm "1" and "2" indicators in the display
  • Volume preview during alarm setup.
    It's hard to figure what "37" actually sounds like without bouncing in and out of Alarm set mode.
  • Reassignment of controls during alarm stats
    • POWER button: Turn off alarm, leave radio on. If radio's not on, then turn alarm off, turn on preset 1.
    • ALARM button: turn alarm off, turn radio off if on
    • ANY button on remote: SNOOZE! :)
  • EQ
    Even a simple bass roll-off around 100-130hz would be nice. I listen to a lot of techno and the way the radio's EQ'd out of the box, it's a bit bottom-boomy.
    Ooo! Maybe the answer is a simple subwoofer level control! That would stave-off the potential for people complaining about a bad sounding EQ! ;)

bendeitch

Weekday Alarms

Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:38 pm

midiwall wrote:
So, after a couple of weeks with my Radio, I've come up with a couple of things that I'd like to see... (some of these are repeats, but I figured another vote is a good thing)
  • Day-of-Week features in the alarms
    (I know, common request :))

I add myself to the list of people requesting this feature. Any chance of a reply from Roku indicating if this is in the pipeline?

Montanid

Display, fast forward, alarm

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:41 am

Guys, the Roku radio is a great product, but there are three features I'd love to see in the next software:
1. The ability to turn off the display when playing internet radio, am, or fm, or even in standby. Currently, I can only turn the display off when I'm playing from a music library, and even on its lowest setting, I find the display a little too bright to sleep.
2. The ability to fast forward through a track from a music library. I fell asleep during a half hour radio show, and I'd like to be able to fast forward through the first fifteen minutes when I replay.
3. The ability to set a weekday vs. weekend alarm. Me, too.

All in all, though, the Roku is by far the best clock radio I've ever had.
David

midiwall

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:27 am

I had another idea...
  • Allow for the time to be displayed while the radio is playing.
    I know that I could set the visualizer to be the clock, but I hate _always_ seeing it, most of the time and I don't care what time it is. :) So what about using the SNOOZE bar? For example, a quick tap on the snooze bar would show the time for 3 seconds, then revert back t the normal display. A longer push on the bar would activate the snooze routine.

DeadlyKipper

Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 am

Multi-room. Multi-room. Multi-room.

That would be awesome! Do it! :D

williMeier

Fri May 04, 2007 4:18 pm

First of all: GREAT Product! Thx@rokulabs

My wishes for the next beta's :D

- RDS
- Equalizer
- FM Stations on Preset Buttons

Tomas

FM

Sat May 05, 2007 12:13 pm

williMeier wrote:
- RDS

I guess this would require updated hardware to be possible, but you never know - maybe the hardware is there already :)

williMeier wrote:
- FM Stations on Preset Buttons

This is already possible. Just tune in to an FM station and press the "select" (<checkmark>) button on the remote. Scroll down to alternative "Save as preset" and select a preset button. There you go...

Maybe it should be possible to save an FM preset just by pressing a preset button for a long time (e.g. >3s). Yee, I tried it and that functionality seemed to be there already. Great work guys. :D

williMeier

Sat May 05, 2007 4:20 pm

thx@tomas: i didnt do r.t.f.m. :oops: so you tips about fm presets where great

yes the hardware is allways there. for decoding of rds too i think. every bit of sound has to go through the a/d converter and the processor. so the retrieving of the rds data is only software work. but it may be hard to implement and: how many people needs rds in times of i-net radio?

me for example. my local radio only streams in mms... :cry: :evil: so i can't read what they are announcing in rds
regards frank

if it has ram or flower it will give you problems

TJ

Sat May 05, 2007 10:35 pm

LESS BASS, PLEASE!

When I'm trying to drift off to sleep with some techno radio station playing at mellow volume setting (say 10 or less), it's really annoying to have my WALLS AND WINDOWS VIBRATE on every bass note. It's as annoying as (and sounds identical to) when public-nuisance cars with their big stereos drive by, or when somebody leaves a semi idling outside. It's as annoying as people who type in ALL CAPITALS. You get the idea.

I don't ask much. If it's too complicated to add an equalizer, that's fine. I'd be happy with an obscure option on the setup web page to, say, chop off everything below xx Hz, where xx is whatever frequency it is that makes a typical room rattle. Heck, if you can only manage to sneak it in as an undocumented telnet-only feature (which should be easy to do), let me know and I'll be happy.

On a related note, which of the 3 speakers are the ones that pump out the bass? I'm tempted to try a little acoustic engineering (aka "muffling") of my own...

PS: Other than THE BASS, I looove my Radio.