Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

craigwinwick

Weekend alarm cancel

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:26 am

Just adding yet another request for an alarm setting for Everyday/Weekday/Weekend please.

My mobile phone has this option for it's alarm, but I'd prefer to wake to my Soundbridge Radio (but not on the weekends!).

Thanks for listening!

Paul Newton

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:30 am

My top three:

1. Make it so you aren't forced to hunt for the remote control for basic functions such as choosing a play list
2. Support real audio (same request as half of the people on this forum)
3. Be able to set alarm to go off just Mon-Fri (same as the other half of the people on the forum)

mintzps

Adjustable Alarm Timeout and Change of Preset during alarm

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:06 pm

1)Does the alarm on the radio automatically shut off after a period of time? Can't find it in the documentation. One post in this forum indicates 120 minutes. That is too long.

Either shorten it or make it user defineable.

2) Currently when alarm preset is playing you can't switch to a diffferent preset without turning it off first. It would be nice to switch to a different preset on the fly

Thanks.

bobinchicago

Re: Adjustable Alarm Timeout and Change of Preset during ala

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:09 pm

mintzps wrote:
1)Does the alarm on the radio automatically shut off after a period of time? Can't find it in the documentation. One post in this forum indicates 120 minutes. That is too long.

Why is 120 minutes too long? If I get up at 6 and leave at 8, it's just right.

mark2c

Weekday and Weekend Alarms

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:10 pm

I'm being driven crazy by alarms going off in the weekend. The plan to add weekday and weekend choice would be very greatfully received.

rajt

Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:41 am

Sleep function available on the remote control (Soundbridge Radio R1000) as when you are dosing off in bed you do not want to get up and set the sleep timer!

Jimhoffman

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:45 pm

I too would like the sleep function on the remote! I do have to say I LOVE this radio (R1000)!!!

squally

Re: new alarm features: choose days

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:23 am

I second this one:

[quote="Adam Krantz"]I would like to be able to specify which days of the week I would like the alarm to go off, so I can set an alarm for just Mon - Fri, and another alarm for the weekend.

rajt

Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:47 am

To stop 'discussions' with the other half on who will go and press sleep on the Roku Radio R1000, please, please please add this to the remote control !!

Hopefully it should not be too much effort as the functionality is already on the unit and just needs to be assigned to a remote button (if there are any left!)

BeelzebubUK

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 am

These have already been mentioned but if it helps to get them implemented its worth adding again :

1) Weekday Mon-Fri alarm setting
2) Equaliser or Bass adjustment

It would be nice to have someone confirm if these and other requests are even possible. People have been asking for them for the last year and there seems to have been no response. Thats very poor customer service.

xAP

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:30 am

Mentioned so many times.. The ability to navigate / browse music shares and UPnP servers. Currently you can select them and connect but then not navigate without the remote - and the up and down buttons do nothing so they are already spare ... and aching for a purpose in life here...

An alarm setting that allows 'wake up to music' followed by the alarm tone 10 mins later . This doesn't work well currently - even with two alarm times.

Weekday/weekend - or even better daily settable alarms .. so many mentions...
xAP Home Automation Protocol
www.xapautomation.org

KTMCDO

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:27 pm

i would like to see the number of presets
increased

wab.benben

FF & FR Search & memory of location

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:23 am

When playing mp3 in SD Card, there are two issues:
1) no FF and FR search
2) no memory of which it has been playing.

Looking forward to these two features supported.

srolland

Set the alarm to only work on weekdays?

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

I have read a few posts about this but I just wanted to add my vote for a more configurable alarm on my RokuRadio.

I understand that the UI on the unit could make the request more than trivial. So I'm suggesting that it is perhaps just a feature (for now anyway) of the web software.

Given that 72.3% of people only work Monday to Friday (yes I made that up :) but I'm sure it's close) it would seem to be a sensible feature to include, even if it is not hotly requested. I would argue that it is probably more desired than you might think because :

A. Forums tend to be more used by more technical users and they by nature will probably ask for more 'technical' features.

B. You're discounting all the 'bed partners' who would probably love this feature even more than their gadget obsessed other halves. But will of course never come on this forum.

PS Is there a web page somewhere where we can see the current 'hotlist' of requested features? Or do you intend one day to run a more formal questionnaire of peoples experiences with their roku?

NB I do love the product I just wish I could use the alarm function to wake me up instead of sticking with my Nokia mobile phone, which does allow weekdays only.
kungfustu

LeonPhelps

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:24 am

It would be alot easier to set alarm times through my web browser. :lol: