Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuPatrick

The Official SoundBridge Feature Request Thread

Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:10 pm

Since there have been many posts lately requesting features, many of which are on the list somewhere or have been requested before, I thought I'd make a thread to dedicate to all of these requests.

Please post any feature requests in this thread. Feature requests outside of this thread will be locked with a note to check out this thread, to cut down on clutter.

As always, thanks for your feedback and enthusiasm.

KevinGre

Laptop control.

Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:00 am

From my very first post:
My wishes in order. I'm sure these are common
1. WMA Lossless support
2. Ability to control it from my laptop so I can browse music, add to and edit the play queue. I don' care if this is HTML or a windows application that talks UPnP.

1. WMA Lossless is done in 2.1 (in beta). Great!

2. is pending. Very important in this laptop control is browse by album art. It would be nice be able to sort the art randomly, by artist, by date of release. I talk about this a bit more in a follow up to my first post.

scott

My List

Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:00 pm

1.) Sond Level Enhancement--adjust all songs for same level of volume

2.) Fast Forward/ Reverse capability.

Razor04

Re: My List

Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:31 pm

scott wrote:
1.) Sond Level Enhancement--adjust all songs for same level of volume

May I suggest MP3Gain for all your MP3 normalization needs. You won't have to re-encode any of your MP3s using this program and it works extremely well. I used it to normalize my whole collection so I can switch from song to song and not have to keep adjusting the volume. It also has an album mode that will adjust the volume on every song by the same amount so dynamic ranges are preserved between songs on an album. Just set it up with all your tracks one night and let it go to work.

GeneArch

Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:05 pm

I'll add a couple (though the 1st has been mentikoned in another thread)

#1 Streaming of Windows Media radio stations
#2 Streaming of XM Radio (How cool would that be!!)
Last edited by GeneArch on Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

scott

Oops one more request..Real Networks

Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:40 pm

Real Player Support...

PS..thanks for the tip in regards to the MP3 normalization program for sound level, but all my songs are ripped with Windows Lossless.

martin

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:03 am

- Realplayer support - or just the ability to stream the bbc radio stations
- A sleep mode
- A mode that works like itunes party shuffle.
- A setting that will send a wake on LAN packet when the soundbridge is switched on. then I won't need to leave my Cube on all the time.

Other than that I'm happy :D great product.

Razor04

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:24 am

I would like to see a feature that allows you to find all other songs by the artist when you are listening to a song. If I am listening to say Artist A I want to be able to press a button on the same menu as get song info to find a listing of all other songs by Artist A or albums that Artist A appears on. Seems like it would be a really handy feature for when an artist comes up in shuffle and you really want to listen to more of them.

florca

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:30 am

My ranked list in addition to those already on the thread - based on a mixture of perceived ease of execution and importance to me...

1) Native MP2 support (including streaming) - would allow easy integration with broadcast Digital Radio sources (DAB / DVB-T / DVB-S). Should be a fairly straightforward change to the existing MP3 codec.

2) Streaming embedded ID3 "Current Title" support for MP3 / MP2 sources

3) Native FLAC decode from mt-daapd (and/or UPnP??) servers (without transcoding).

4) Alarm clock / Sleep timer - ideally with multiple alarms and variable by day of week?

5) An ability to "pass through" unused IR control codes to the server application or, maybe easier, through the Telnet / HTTP interface. Would allow the Soundbrige IR receiver to act as a full Home Automation front-end. Maybe only pass through a defined, restricted range of codes to allow future new features on the Soundbridge IR - like direct Alpha search?

6) Some form of power control for external devices (to allow the Soundbridge power state to control the power for an external (hidden) amp / powered speakers. Could either take the form of a low current switch or the presence of +5V across the pins of a connector to drive an external power relay. Given the limited remaining real-estate beneath the end caps maybe use a couple of spare pins on the Ethernet RJ45 connector (duck hail of abuse from UTP purists...).

7) A real long shot.... Power-over-Ethernet (802.13af) support to minimise the number of cables / wall-warts?

I know this is a lot of stuff - some needing hardware changes - but if you don't ask......

Phil

chrisloker

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:34 pm

Has it been mentioned before about when browsing by album name it would be very nice to be able to see the artist name (if it could start scrolling or something when highlighted)

Rich

maybe a separate forum?

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:13 pm

Patrick. I wonder if a separate forum for feature requests would make it easier to follow and maintain?

That way each topic would be focused on a specific feature or set of features, and it would be easy to add replies that directly address the idea.

Just a thought.

tae_kim

Feature requests

Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:23 am

1. Remote control from a Pocet PC or a Laptop via web browser;
2. Fast forward within song
3. Album cover display on the LED

Tomas

Language localization

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am

I know that this one probably is a low-priority thing, but configurable language support would be great. I don´t need native language support for a lot of languages, as Swedish would not be amongst them anyway :smile: , but if there was a way to translate all available text strings and enter them into the SoundBridge in my own language it would be sooo nice.

Doing this through the web page would be fairly simple, but I understand that it probably is a bit of pain to implement "under the hood" in the SoundBridge.

I came to think about this when my 8-year old daugther couldn´t find her music using the SoundBridge, due to poor knowledge of english... :wink:

KB

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:14 am

I'd love to have the ability to sync multiple soundbridges to play the same track (and not by using Slimserver). I have 2 M2000s and am about to buy another - I really want to be able to wander around the house and have the same thing playing in each room.

KB

Chris

Feature request...

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:40 am

My wishlist:

- I second Martin's wish for RealAudio support (for BBC!)
- WMA radio streaming
(in fact, if these two were supported, I think some people would happily buy a SoundBridge just to listen to the radio!)

- Wake-up Mac from sleep