Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Razor04

Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:43 pm

A feature request that could easily be classified as a bug too...

Could you please make it so that when you add songs to the queue if you press exit until it doesn't work anymore that it lists the first song instead of saying "No Songs Selected". Strikes me as very counter-intuitive and misleading.

RokuMike

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:31 am

Nope, not a feature request. It's a straight-out bug. :oops: It's logged.

rvacha

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:06 pm

I don't personally need it yet, but I can see myself wanting it soon - PoE

diablodale

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:55 pm

Feature request:
To be able to completely remove all visualizations and time counters/sliders from the Roku display. I prefer to have only the song title/artist/album on the screen.

RokuMike

Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:24 am

That one is already on the to-do list! :) (You can, of course, already remove the visualizers, but we're looking at adding a setting for the time/progress as well.)

rpedde

my requests

Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:52 am

I think I've asked for these on other threads, but I'm going to put them here in the "official" thread.

- ogg decoding
- a "large font" version of the search screen for the 1000.

And thanks for the great progress so far.

thefloyd

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:51 pm

I would like to see better playlist management on the Soundbridge itself. Features like 'add song as next song in playlist' and perhaps a way to move songs up and down in playback order, perhaps by selecting the song name and then using the up and down arrows on the remote. It would also be nice to be able to use the web interface to add and remove songs from the playlist, sort of like how slimserver can.

Crossfading playback would also be an excellent addition. Keep up the good work!

ialonso

Re: SB Remote

Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:19 pm

Razor04 wrote:
bits wrote:
I really would like to see a customizeable remote, it could resolve many of the issues users have with the interface... Roku could sell the remote separately from the SBs as an addon...[SNIP]
-josh

Seconded...although if you do decide to do something along these lines a scroll wheel is a must... :)

I third this request here. In addition, I would highly suggest looking at the layout in the remote from MP101 from Netgear. (the MP101's remote is very well layed out, but the player itself does NOT support Queueing from the player, which is why I paid extra for your player !!!! This feature is a large differentiatior on the high end models like yours.)

Taking tips from that layout, also notice the buttons "Browse Artists",Browse Albums" and "Browse Songs", they take you directly to the specific area without having to scroll, which would be EXTREMELY useful for your player !!!

As this was implemented I would suggest also re-using the IR codes from an existing device, so that as we implement the Update Firmware, we can program the selected device into a Universal control for Full Functionality. (Say a Sony Betamax, or something similar, still supported by the universal remotes, but unlikely to be in our homes) Alternatively, you could also offer the different and more powerful version of the remote for a fee (Not to big please:) )

Congratulations on such a great products ! I highly await your possible future implementation of the new features, as well as the "Remove Song from Queue" feature, that I know is comming in the near future

vs

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:35 pm

rvacha,

I don't really know the details about PoE, but it's probably unlikely to be supported since the VFD display can draw quite a bit of current. The M1000 needs 9 volts at 1.3 amps and the M2000 needs 24 volts at 0.75 amps.

Anyone care to comment on this, since I probably don't know what I'm talking about.....

magicconch

Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:25 pm

I would like

a) Internet Radio in 2.1 to have the artist / title info for Shoutcast streams the way it does when playing the streams on the computer

b) support for party shuffle in iTunes if possible

IPTV75075

Assuming that P=IV still....

Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:21 pm

vs wrote:

rvacha,

I don't really know the details about PoE, but it's probably unlikely to be supported since the VFD display can draw quite a bit of current. The M1000 needs 9 volts at 1.3 amps and the M2000 needs 24 volts at 0.75 amps.

Anyone care to comment on this, since I probably don't know what I'm talking about.....

I'd like PoE too....
and the top power spec for 802.3af says 44-57V dc at 350mA max, with an absolute cap at 15.4W

The M1000 comes in at 11.7W and the M2000 comes in at 18W, making only the M1000 power-over-ethernettable....

Pity eh ?

Cheers,
Ben.

daver

Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:15 pm

I would also like to see better remote control capabilities for the SB. For example, I would like to be able to add an entire album at the end of a song queue. As things currently stand, when something is already playing, I don't see any way to be able to add more than a single song at a time at the end of the list.

Other requests: 1) wake up PC on LAN; 2) ability to add songs on the fly from a PC to an already playing SoundBridge; 3) remote control by WiFi using a PocketPC; 4) fast forward and fast reverse (already posted this request on another thread).

Despite my interest in having a few improvements, I am REALLY happy with these things. Bought my first M1000 last week and immediately went out and got another one. I'm in the process of ripping my ~900 CD collection to hard drive and am looking forward to easy access throughout the house via wired SBs. Thanks for a great product!!!

RokuPatrick

Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:39 am

daver wrote:
I would also like to see better remote control capabilities for the SB. For example, I would like to be able to add an entire album at the end of a song queue. As things currently stand, when something is already playing, I don't see any way to be able to add more than a single song at a time at the end of the list.

When viewing the list of albums, move the cursor to the album you want to add and press the "Add" button on the remote. The contents of the album will be added to the end of the play queue.

os

Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:23 am

Hi,

I just bought an M1000, and am very happy with it.

My number 1 feature request was going to be internet radio without a server running - but I see that's already in the 2.1 beta! Excellent!

Two other requests:

* I'd love to be able to stream music from my SoundBridge to another SoundBridge, or to an Airport Express, in another room. Would be great for those times (e.g. parties) where you're moving around the house, but want the same music throughout.

* In the same way that you can turn off the visualisation, I'd like to be able to turn off the track time elapsed/remaining.

cheers,
os.

maestro

Controlling m500, 1000 or 2000 remotely

Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:32 am

The Roku M1000 is my third external media player (Audiotron and Creative Wireless Music). I tossed both of those because the Audiotron maxed out at 26,000 songs and the Creative was slow as dirt. The M1000 is the first that can actually chew on my music collection quickly (with iTunes).

The only problem I have is the inability to control it remotely. Ideally it would be great to be able to control it remotely through iTunes by building some sort of dynamic playlist. Failing that, any sort of web base app. would rock.

Any info regarding when something like this will be available?