Some of this stuff is nit-picky... some of it is more practical, given my music archive. In no particular order:
1. Allow me to disable volume changing (100% always) (see number 2 below)
2. Allow me to tag a file as Digital (i.e. DD, or dts). (WMA handles multpile genres.. So, I could tag a song as Rock and *DIGITAL*. *DIGITAL* should not be a browseable tag, just one you use to determine if the song gets special handling....) Then for digital files:
2A) Make sure they're played at 100% volume. (disable any kind of volume leveling, too if you ever end up supporting that feature, which would be good, by the way...(consider this a vote!))
2B) Turn off the visualizer (useless for compressed data, unless you know how to decompress it!!!)
2C) Disable the analog out (if possible. This may be a hardware limitation)
2D) Break the digital bitstream when switching from a Digital file to a non-digital file and vice-versa.. (turn the LED off for some duration?, I know I'm making this sound easy... Maybe it's not...) i.e. If I select a standard CD type file (44.1kHz PCM), and then play a DTS encoded file, my receiver detects the DTS bitstream and switches over. If the following song is a PCM song, the receiver thinks it's still receiving the DTS bitstream with so many errors, it doesn't know what to do. But it doesn't switch back to PCM... I have to change the receiver input to something else, and then back to the soundbridge to get the audio back...
3. Make the visualizer respond a little faster (the peaks in the Spectrum Analyzer decay too slowly)
4. The M1000 Screen is really a little too small to be tremendously useful using the two line mode, but the problem with 1 line mode is that the characters are too wide.. A few things could possibly help...
A) You have this nice graphical display. When I switch to the large font size, I get this blocky font! If you have the memory, how about a smoother screen font.
B) Can you handle a proportional font? i.e. "i's are narrower than "M"s when on the large size?
B) Make a medium sized font. There still would only be room for one line, but the chars wouldn't be as wide, and you could still fit more on the screen.
C) Smooth horizontal scrolling!!! This would look a lot nicer.. More important as scrolling is a certainty with the large font on an M1000.
5. Fast forward and rewind... As difficult as it would be with streaming/buffering issues, the one thing people say when I tell them about it is.. "Oh, you can't fast forward or rewind? That's dumb..."
6. More consistent use of the WMA/WMP/WMC Artist tags (Album Artist, Contributing Artist)... Browse by artist appears to be the Contributing artist, but display song info shows the album artist.. How about, when using WMC, browse by Album Artist or constributing artist, and display both tags in the info screens. (Also, show the the contributing artist on the "now playing" display, instead.)
7. I found in another thread that when you pause for a long time when using WMC with Lossless compression, it can take a long time to resume as the server needs to decompress the whole file up to that point. I think this should be addressed as well.. More information here
By the way, I LOVE THIS THING!!!! I'm telling all my friends.. (Can we get a commission?
Thanks for a great product...