Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

geneaber

iTMS Purchased Songs

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:44 pm

A great addition would be the ability to completely exclude all protected AAC files from appearing on the SB. I intend to burn my purchased files to WAV and then re-rip so that I can listen to them on the SB, but this will result in 2 files on the SB.

drew

squeezebox II

Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:50 pm

Some nice features we would also like to see in the Soundbridge:

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_overview.html

RokuUser

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:06 pm

- Sleep Timer
- FLAC/APE decoding
- Better WiFi reception quality

mwhitnall

Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:47 pm

1) On-off switch (remote or mechanical) that actually powers on and off (necessary to reset the Roku). Alternative: a more traditional arrangement of cables in the back that one could easily plug and unplug.

2) Direct support for Live365, so we can enter our username and password for ad-free VIP accounts without relying on Slimserver.

3) (Maybe out of your control): recognition of WMA Lossless even when the bitrate is less than 400 kbps.
Last edited by mwhitnall on Sun May 01, 2005 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajs

Darker glass

Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:45 am

Hi,

I have the SB1000. I've noticed that the VFD is more than bright enough for normal use -- I can easily set it to 50% and still read it from across the room.
However I've noticed that since the glass is clear, the VFD matrix itself is always visible, especially with direct light and on the unit (and even only with ambient light).

Most of the units in my hi-fi stack have VFD displays -- what I've noticed is that they all use dark glass, so that even with direct light it's normally impossible to see the naked VFD matrix. This, IMHO, results in a crisper display that looks nicer. Since the VFD is so bright, the dark glass should not affect visibility of 'on' pixels, but merely mask the 'off' pixels better.

Just an aesthetic suggestion,

- Andrew

conger

Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:56 am

Add support for playback of "AAC constant-quality mode" encoded files in the SB. This will be available in the soon to be released QuickTime 7 which will likely appear in the next version (5?) of iTunes.
XP SP2, Linksys WRT54G wired configuration, SB M1000, iTunes 6.0.0.18 for main mp3 music and playlist server, SlimServer 6.0.2 with modified Slim.exe by bpa, AlienBBC 0.98, Mplayer 1.0pre6 for BBC radio. NAV2003 Prof, standard XP firewall.

scottr

AAC+ support

Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:18 am

Great product guys, love it, am promoting it to all my friends at work! Would love to have AAC+ as there's an internet radio station in MN that I like to stream that only supports AAC+... http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/ ... hecurrent/

spraggih

Fast Forward and Rewind Feature

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:43 am

RokuLabs,

I have read this thread and understand you have had a number of requests to add a fast forward and rewind within a track feature. I also understand you report this feature is rather complex to add-in and is "on the list". I want to really encourage you to add this feature in as soon as possible. It is so bothersome not to have this feature that I am regretting my purchase. For music lovers there is nothing like fast forwarding or rewinding to a particular section of a song and listening -- it brings a smile to the face.

As another encouragement, one of your competitors (Squeezebox, Slim Devices) has already added in this feature and their product price point is the same category.

Please work on this.

Thanks in advance,
Henry Spraggins

strider72

Re: Feature Request: Webpage Icons with ToolTips

Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:35 pm

RokuMike wrote:
bits wrote:
Can you add tool tips to the buttons for on the soundbridge.html page?

Done, in 2.1 beta 4. ;)

Actually Mike, your implementation of tool tips ony works with MS Internet Exploder, as the use of the "alt" attribute as a tool tip is a nonstandard behavior used only (AFAIK) by MS.

To make it work in virtually all browsers, add a "title" attribute as well. (Keep the alt attributes as well!)

Example:
<INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="Prev" alt="Previous" title="Previous" src="/prev.gif">

Regards,
Steve

strider72

Re: Am I the only one?

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:33 pm

abo wrote:
When I select "Browse, Albums" it would be wonderful if I could scroll one album at a time but showing the artist name as well. E.g.

Greatest Hits
Blur

How many "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" albums do you have? It drives me nuts having to look through the song list to see which album I am looking at.

Easy solution to this: Go into iTunes (or whatever program...) and rename all those "Greatest Hits" albums. "Blur - Greatest Hits" and so on....

I did this a long time ago when I first got an iPod, and have had no problems with having done it. (If you prefer all those albums to be listed together under "G" then switch the order in the naming: "Greatest Hits - Blur" and so forth.)

strider72

Volume support?

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:48 pm

1) I use iTunes on a Mac, and my #1 wish is that the Soundbridge recognized and followed the song volume adjustments that I've set up in iTunes. There's nothing worse than getting launched out of my chair when it goes from a relatively quiet song to a really loud one.

2) I keep seeing people ask for syncing between two Soundbridges. I thought they already did this? The reason I ask is that I have considered getting a second one for just this purpose -- I thought it could? Or does it just not work in iTunes?

3) I'll add another vote for "wrap around" menus. Reach the bottom and hit "down" to go to the top.

4) Please fix it so that I can hit "shuffle" and _then_ "play" on a playlist, and have it start out ona random song. (I believe you already have this listed as a bug?)

5) It would be nice if the Roku updated the "last played" and "play count" in iTunes. Is this possible or just not available through the way iTunes communicates?

6) FYI -- I occasionally drop Apple a line asking them to allow you to support Protected AAC -- I know that is theirs to grant and not yours to give... :-\ but I would loooove to see it.

7) Nice work on the web interface -- keep it up!

I love this thing, by the way. :)

Greg K

Tue May 03, 2005 11:15 am

Ok, these are internet radio related:

The ability to use a password (which includes a user name) protected stream.

The 'webpage' interface could use a facelift with programmed streams available to play with a 1 button click instaed of a scrolling list. (Like a car radio)

Stream information on the Webpage interface that mirrors the display on the unit.

Keep up the good work, I have 3 units........

web

Fri May 06, 2005 3:17 pm

I didn’t bother to read all 22 pages, so forgive me if I am repeating a previous post.

Features I would like to see incorporated in the next Roku Soundbridge:

1. A video output (Composite or S-video) that will feed an onscreen display to a TV. Maybe even include the ability to download visualization plugins to make things more interesting.
2. A battery powered docking station with powered speakers. This way you can listen to your favorite internet radio stations wherever an available wireless network is available.
3. As many others have mentioned before, I want WPA support.

Send me a check if you use any of my ideas. ;)

jim197329

Sat May 07, 2005 7:24 am

Couple of dead simple tweaks, but will really increase the usability of an awesome product (in no particular order):

1/ Display screensaver (not to save the screen - but to turn it off at night 8) )
2/ Auto power off timer (but screen saver is more useful)
3/ Random play of entire library
4/ Remember the song queue position when in standby (so you can keep playing on power on) - just like pause with no screen display...
5/ A remote control that cant roll off my tv :wink:
6/ Least recently played lists (may be hard/impossible to get the info?)
7/ A hardware plug-in version of the remote control (so the unit gets buttons)
8/ Bluetooth support so I can control SoundBridge from my phone (quirky but cool :idea: )
9/ Compatible with a wireless keyboard (no idea if i'd use this :?: )

Looking forward to more features in this good product soon ...

Jim

horizon

Resume play of station on boot should be optional.

Sat May 07, 2005 10:33 am

Congrats on a great product, all of the accolades are well desrved. Keep up the good work.

Here is my suggestion, this relates to a 2.1.25 behavior change:

---------------------
One of the new features with 2.1.25 is as follows: "If the SoundBridge is playing a Favorite Radio station when it is put in standby, it will resume playing that station when it comes out of Standby."

Please would you make this 'start-up -> resume' behavior a configurable setting. Typically I power-up my stereo system to listen to a CD. An hour later I will notice that the Soundbridge is not idle, instead its playing an Internet Radio station. It strikes me that this is a waste of bandwidth ... as no one is listening! ;-) I would like to have the option to disable this feature, and revert to the pre 2.1.25 behavior (i.e. standby -> idle).

Many thanks,

Graham