Have to say time for a tidy-up in here - too many messages to read so again sorry if this has already been said...
1) Blank screen option - when listening in darkened room the visualizer can be intrusive and so is the only other option of constantly scrolling info all the time. My Hi-fi has a 'display' button which simply turns off the display (in Hi-fi circles this is thought to help with digital interference from the scrolling chip as well - but letâ€™s not get started on that one
Perhaps a single (very slowly crawling if you want to avoid burn-in) dot can be left displayed to depict power on to differentiate from to the complete blank screen of standby if you like (please no Ping Pong as suggested earlier that would drive me nuts!!!).
2) An adjustable delay before the visualizer comes on would also be great - I don't get a chance to read the track info on mine it comes on in under 5 seconds!
PS. Making selectable the option to have the track info automatically interrupting blank screen or visualizer display or not would also be cool - just because I want a blank screen doesnâ€™t mean to say I donâ€™t want track info - I know hard to please isnâ€™t me
3) A 'Delete from song queueâ€™ option is a must have - say make one press of the â€˜Addâ€™ button add a song to the queue and the next press take it off if it is already added...oh and you really do need a marker displayed next to the song to show it is in the queue that goes on and off as you press the Add button.
4) Again a plea for menus to scroll right round to where they started - pretty basic this one!
5) A â€˜stopâ€™ button - yes I know there has been controversy of why it needs one but it does, just believe me. The difference between â€˜stopâ€™ and â€˜pauseâ€™ is simple - â€˜Pauseâ€™ starts again from where you left off - â€˜Stopâ€™ goes back to the top of the playlist ready for you to play again or do something else (just like what happens when a playlist comes to an end now). I vote for the â€˜exitâ€™ button doing this job - it doesnâ€™t do anything when in play mode anyway?
6) If you must add things like sleep timers and alarm clocks can you please, please not use up room that might interfere with the sound (forgive me if the control apps have no effect on room needed for the DAC to work properly or analogue bits - not an engineer don't you know!) I plug this little wonder into a Hi-fi system it has taken me years to accumulate - and I am seriously thinking of losing my CD player as it may not be needed! If you mess with the sound I will have to relegated my Roku to 'toy' status and go to bed early instead of streaming music till the wee small hours
7) Nothing else I can think of - itâ€™s brilliant, I love it and canâ€™t wait to get a DAC (or change my Meridian pre-amp for their upsampling DAC/Pre Processor to see what the coax out sounds like if the internal DAC sounds this good