Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

macollin

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:23 am

I'm not sure if this has been posted in here, but I figured I would throw it out there again if it has...

I would like ability to see what track number is playing out of how many total. In other words, if I select to play the entirety of a 12 track album, the first song would start playing and the display would show "1/12" along with all of the other detail that shows on the screen. This is especially helpful when dealing with playlists where you don't know which song is the final song. This way you know exactly when the final song is and when new tracks should be added.

jautor

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:33 pm

macollin wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted in here, but I figured I would throw it out there again if it has...

I would like ability to see what track number is playing out of how many total. In other words, if I select to play the entirety of a 12 track album, the first song would start playing and the display would show "1/12" along with all of the other detail that shows on the screen. This is especially helpful when dealing with playlists where you don't know which song is the final song. This way you know exactly when the final song is and when new tracks should be added.

I've mentioned it, too (don't remember in what thread). I find it would be helpful for all those CDs that I only know by track number (since that's all that we've generally had on home/car/portable cd players...). But it should be a display option... Personally, on the M2000, it would be great to have it as a small (4th line) display under the progress bar (Track x of x)

Jeff

dozy

RealAudio Support

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:02 am

I read an excellent review with regard to your SoundBridge product in the May 2005 edition of What Hi-Fi. It had all features I was looking for, connects to my Hi-Fi amp or powered speakers, Ethernet connection to my switch/router, Internet Radio without the need to have my PC running, a remote, easy to setup and use, and to top it all compact and stylish design. :D

Unfortunately when I read what Internet audio streams are support I realised wouldn’t be able to listen to my favourite BBC Radio stations viz Radio 4 , Radio 5 Live and BBC 7. :(

Please could you add support for RealAudio.

wiredhernandez

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:22 am

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: Progress bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomas wrote:
Now with the new proportional large font (in the beta FW) I have started to use that font instead of the small font for showing track information. When doing so on the M1000, I would really like to be able to turn off the progress bar to make the active display larger. When listening to internet radio streams it definately only takes up space.

If it would be possible to set different default settings for internet radio and library music, that would be great.

I just want to echo this.. the progress bar has no value (it always stays empty) on streaming internet radio. This wastes display space. (M1000)

I love the soundbridge and hope this little bit of input helps. -Adam

- ANOTHER request to do away with progress bar
- Ability to set option for browsing . IE I never use playlist so I would like to remove the option to browse as such. I only really use browse by artist or album. That is one extra click for every search....
- Option to use wide or skinny font when setting font to large as only have skinny in latest beta code.

jautor

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:19 pm

wiredhernandez wrote:
- Ability to set option for browsing . IE I never use playlist so I would like to remove the option to browse as such. I only really use browse by artist or album. That is one extra click for every search....
- Option to use wide or skinny font when setting font to large as only have skinny in latest beta code.

I don't use playlists either, so I'd prefer to see Browse be the first option in the menu (this would probably be a good poll question!). But collapsing the main menu and the browse menu might be a better solution. Several of the main menu items can be accessed in other means (search has a dedicated button on the remote, exit gets you to Now Playing).

If they changed the main menu to: Browse by Artist; Browse by Album; Playlists; Settings; etc. it would reduce the key presses required for all actions. I'm somewhat biased on this topic - the AudioTron re-worked their interface after the initial product release due to user feedback. The main menu was very simple: "Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlists, Radio". That device had an 'option' button for dealing with the setup menu, which did help to separate housekeeping from normal usage.

Jeff

conger

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:21 am

I definately prefer having Playlists as the first menu option and I would think most people prefer it this way. The purpose of a Playlist is to avoid having to drill down into Artist or Album to find what you want.

Menu Wrap Around will greatly reduce key presses for all navigation. (That must be the 500th request for this).

I find that I tend to do the same thing with my SB each time I turn it on. I.e. Navigate to Playlists, Right, Right, Down, Down, Down, etc to the playlist I want, Select, Select, Select, Shuffle, Repeat - all this before I hear anything.

I would really appreciate the SB remembering what it was playling when it was put into Stand Bye and then resuming the same Playlist at least or the last playing track (ideal). It is stuff like that this that really makes the SB easy to use. My wife cannot be bothered to do all of this, my youngest daughter finds all this too complicated and I am sure there are many othet potential users who would find this too much.

The SB should also remeber the Suffle and Repeat states when it comes out of Stand Bye.

This is all basic Ease of Use of stuff, so that when we read the ROKU CEO go on about Ease of Use, we can say Yes, ROKU really has thought about this and created a class leading media player that is as easy to use as possible.
XP SP2, Linksys WRT54G wired configuration, SB M1000, iTunes 6.0.0.18 for main mp3 music and playlist server, SlimServer 6.0.2 with modified Slim.exe by bpa, AlienBBC 0.98, Mplayer 1.0pre6 for BBC radio. NAV2003 Prof, standard XP firewall.

fft2048

Favorite Radio Stations - Single Item Add/Stack Operation

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 pm

Hi,
Would be nice to have the ability to add a single playlist entry to my favorites; say at the top of the list.
Also, when I do an add, I would like the item(s) to add like a stack and push the others down, pushing out the last entry(ies).
Thanks,
Bob (FFT2048)