Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Merlinski
Topic Author

More Visualisations

Mon May 15, 2006 6:29 am

More of these, especially for full screen - would be nice!

What about...

1. Analyzer where left and right channels spike outwards from the very center?

2. A peaking level meter where a peak value bar/cap holds a short time

3. A raining spectrum analyzer from the top down, where peek levels rain off.

3. A faster, less condenced voice analyzer.

And also...

Artalyzers (made this word up - feel free to use it)

Basically arty squares and cricles that might grow, radiate with certain frequencies. Think of winamp visualisations on a very very very simple scale.

I'm a agreat beleiver in appearances winning customers - you see with your eyes first after all. So the more eyecandy the better in order for me to show off and sell more of these units!

It is great already though! Well done.

tps

Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:07 pm

I'd vote for improving the full-screen horizontal level meter.

1. It could cover a wider range. Typical level meters on consumer digital audio records (CD and minidisc) cover -50 dBFS to 0 dBFS.

2. It could be linear-by-dB. Since dB is logarithmic, similar to perceived loudness, such a scale would actually be logarithmic (with linear dB per bar length).

3. It could have greater resolution. Right now it is composed of rather wide "dots", but I see no reason not to make the bars solid with resolution right down to the VFD's pixel level.

4. It could have a "scale" of sorts by making the bars slightly narrower and continuously illuminating a single column of pixels at 10 dB intervals.

5. As metioned above, it could hold the peak column or two of each bar for half a second while lower levels were displayed. Normal consumer digital recorders just about universally do this.

Roku could actually make the level meter somewhat competitive with professional metering devices by just implementing a few changes... I guess my biggest request is just MORE RANGE.

ineedcolor

Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:03 pm

Alas, like most everything else requested in the past six to eight months in this forum, this one will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears as well.

Too bad, it has been done easily enough in other, much earlier products (like the Empeg/Rio car, which at last count, has over 20 distinct visual modes available to choose from)...
Soundbridge M2000 (Livingroom)
Soundbridge M1000 (Master bedroom)

Emmanuel92

New visualisations

Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:15 am

+1

I would like to have more visualisations as described in Merlinski's and Tps's posts here...

Regards,
Emmanuel

Alucard

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:13 pm

ineedcolor: Just because Roku hasn't repsonded doesn't mean they aren't listening.

They created and stickied this thread for a reason....

The problem with ROKU responding is that people start demanding delivery dates and commitments which is almost impossible to do.

ineedcolor

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Oh Really?

Oddly enough, here it is three years later and STILL no new visuals HAH!

I am glad that both my SB's are still going strong however...
Soundbridge M2000 (Livingroom)

Soundbridge M1000 (Master bedroom)

Johnny87

More visualizations from XBMC

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:42 am

I assumed that they would work, but perhaps I did something incorrectly. I downloaded a copy of the XBMC (XBMC-SVN_2008-07-28_rev14439-T3CH.rar) and upon checking the archive I notices that the folder structure was fairly similar. I just copied the files from the 'visualisations' folder in the archive to the 'visualisations' folder in /usr/boxee. Even though the files have the same extension, you can clearly see that they have different MIME types. I uploaded a screenshot below the my folder. The Boxee visualizations have a mime type of "application/x-sharedlib" and the XBMC have a mime type of "application/x-ms-dos-executable".