Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

andyg

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:06 pm

Nice one... Thanks very much for this. Does the job perfectly. 8)
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8

geekeleh

Search Feature Question

Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:46 pm

I am trying sound bridge commander out. Looks good and is very easy to get it working. I can play my music, but I don't understand how to use the search feature. What causes the columns to be populated? Can I use it to search for some music in my Itunes library? Help on this would appreciated.
geekeleh

obvioustroll

Re: Search Feature Question

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:47 pm

geekeleh wrote:
I am trying sound bridge commander out. Looks good and is very easy to get it working. I can play my music, but I don't understand how to use the search feature. What causes the columns to be populated? Can I use it to search for some music in my Itunes library? Help on this would appreciated.

geekeleh, Check out http://sbcommander.sourceforge.net/using.html#search - that explains how the tiered search model works, and how it interacts with the current play list.

I should point out that buchanan and I are working on a newer version that will have improved look-and-feel and will automatically find sound bridges on your LAN.

obvioustroll

1.0 Version of Sound Bridge Commander has been released!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:38 am

The new version offers much better graphics than the older version (thanks to buchanan!) and it now uses mDNS to automatically discover all SoundBridges on the local network.

This version runs on Macs, Windows and Linux so give it a try! You can find a full manual and downloads at http://sbcommander.sourceforge.net

arpena

Great app!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:41 am

Hi! I use your app and like it a lot. There is a little problem with accented letters like in this screen:
(you will have to click on it to see it full size)

I think there is a problem with UTF8, as the accented letter is converted to 2 chars.

obvioustroll

I'll look into it

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:47 am

thanks for the heads up.

RiJo

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:34 am

Wonderful program!! I love it!!

A few bugs I discovered:
* You cannot move the program (running in Windows) if you disable the Window-frame
* If you disables and then enables the preset-buttons, the text on the buttons no longer is the stationname

Requests
* Restore to default-settings
* Transportstate (icon?) and 'Artist - Title' in the taskbar
* Mini-format alternative
* Always-on-top option
* Minimize to tray
* Balloon-tips when new track is playing (if minimized to tray)
:: RiJo ::..
:: Roku M1001 ::..

obvioustroll

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Rijo,

Thanks for the bug report. Being unable to move the window without a frame isn't a surprise, it's sort of what happens with unframed windows. The problem with presets was caused by a code change I made this morning(!) so the fix will be in soon.

wideasleep1

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:30 pm

Hey...it's lookin quite sexy! Great job you two! :)
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

collett_steve@hotmail.com

Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:16 am

Top eye candy. Like it.

Any chance of adding the ability to insert and delete tracks from the current playing list, like VisualMR can?

Once you`ve got the capability to manipulate the now playing list like that, you`ve got yourself a killer app :D

obvioustroll

Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:31 am

collett_steve@hotmail.com wrote:
Top eye candy. Like it.

Any chance of adding the ability to insert and delete tracks from the current playing list, like VisualMR can?

Once you`ve got the capability to manipulate the now playing list like that, you`ve got yourself a killer app :D

Steve, you can already add and remove from the current playlist, through the search feature. See the website for details.

obvioustroll

Yet another release...

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Version 1.0.1 is now available. The only changes from 1.0 are fixes for the problems reported on this forum:

* The preset list would become unset if you hid it then revealed it again.
* Failed to handle UTF-8 characters in search fields correctly.

So, if you had problems with accented characters, or the radio buttons, download the new version:

http://sbcommander.sourceforge.net/

And remember, the full documentation is available on that website, so be sure to look around while you're there!

sharesstars

shrunk control panel

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:31 pm

This is remarkable. I like it very much.
Since i am a computer idiot, please help me on two things.
1.Could you assign three keys to preset section ABC and 123456 to 6 channels?
2.Seldomly when I choose A,B or C, the contol panel shrink height causing buttons overlapped. I need to move window or reopen commander again to return oringinal ratio. what is the reasons on this issue ?
:D

sharesstars

wierd on preset button

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:29 pm

Section A is correct, but B and C are repeatted channel names and missing my preset channel names. Accidentally all channels are correctly corresponding to the preset keys. Please help me to solve this.

Iris

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:48 pm

Same here, the descriptions of the presets compared to actual are:

Presets A1 to A6 are A1 to A6
Presets B1 to B6 are A4 to B3
Presets C1 to C6 are B1 to B6
Roku M1001 v3.0.52 x 2 | R1000 v3.0.52
NAS: Maxtor SS+ v2.6.2-openmss1-rc2
Linux Server: Firefly svn-1586 mipsel pkg
Router: Linksys WRT54GS
VisualMR v2.0.0.28954 on iPAQ