Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sharesstars

display shrinking problem

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:18 am

When I tried Soundbridge Commander on two M1001, I encounter display shrinking problem. It happens when you open Soundbridge Commander, there are two window (no matter with frame or without frame) shown. One display will shrink if you put them in column order, and two displays will shrink if you put them in row order. You must press search,preferences or hide buttons to reset the right shape of display. Is it weird? :D

obvioustroll

Re: wierd on preset button

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:06 am

sharesstars wrote:
Section A is correct, but B and C are repeatted channel names and missing my preset channel names. Accidentally all channels are correctly corresponding to the preset keys. Please help me to solve this.

Sharestars, your comments don't make sense to me. The Sound Bridge has 18 presets, named A1 through A6, B1 through B6 and C1 through C6. You set them through the web interface to your soundbridge, at http://#####/SoundBridgePresets.html - where "#####" is the name of your Sound Bridge.

obvioustroll

Bug fix for Sharestars' and Iris' problem

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:57 am

Okay - I understand. Stupid math error on my part; if you re-download 1.0.1 the presets now appear correctly.

sharesstars

Thanks

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:41 am

New version do solve the preset-name-disorder problem. But I still encounter shrinking display situation due to open two soundbridge commander window. I do not have three M1001s, or I shall try on and see .......
Thanks again for this great job

obvioustroll

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:27 am

I'm glad I've got one problem fixed. I only have one M1001, so I can't test multiples....

I'll dig into it and see what I can figure out.

BubbaDog

Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Very sweeeeeet! Just d/l'd the 1.0.1 and installed it on my upstairs PC. A couple of questions:

- I have three SBs (x2 1001s & x1 R1000), how can I run multiple instances of SB Commander to control each one? If I just run the .exe a second time, it picks up the same SB I'm already controlling.

- Can I run this on multiple PCs at the same time to control the same SB? I might have it running on my upstairs PC controlling my downstairs SB, and then decide I want to run SB Commander concurrently on my tablet downstairs to control the same SB.

All in all, a very nice program that y'all should be proud of. If you're ever in Houston I'd be happy to buy you your beverage of choice. Or drop you a little donation if you've got PayPal. Thanks for the work....

B'Dog

obvioustroll

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:03 pm

First, go back to sbcommander.sourceforge.net - that website is a full manual for SoundBridge Commander!

- I have three SBs (x2 1001s & x1 R1000), how can I run multiple instances of SB Commander to control each one? If I just run the .exe a second time, it picks up the same SB I'm already controlling.

Use the "Add Another Soundbridge" from the File menu.

- Can I run this on multiple PCs at the same time to control the same SB? I might have it running on my upstairs PC controlling my downstairs SB, and then decide I want to run SB Commander concurrently on my tablet downstairs to control the same SB.

Absolutely.

All in all, a very nice program that y'all should be proud of. If you're ever in Houston I'd be happy to buy you your beverage of choice.

Well, thank you kindly. We don't have a donate button at the moment, but maybe buchanan and I should set something up!

BubbaDog

Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 pm

obvioustroll wrote:
First, go back to sbcommander.sourceforge.net - that website is a full manual for SoundBridge Commander!

RTFM, RTFM, you guys are all the same :?

obvioustroll wrote:
Well, thank you kindly. We don't have a donate button at the moment, but maybe buchanan and I should set something up!

Let me know if you do, no good deed should go unpunished :D

On another note:

It would be nice to have the capability to resize the window. Only by dragging the window corner so as not to distort the window x/y proportions. I'm using a Fujitsu Stylistic 500 tablet as a controller downstairs, it would be great to be able to size the window up to the width of the screen. Easier for tapping with the stylus, and easier to read with my old eyes....

I've only been using it for a few hours, and I'm already whining :P

B'Dog

adxltd

Not connected but every thing works

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:51 am

Hi
running version 1.0.1.b35 under Unbuntu 7.10 with Java 1.0.6_03.
Downloaded the Generic version today.
The remote and search function work perfectly but the display remains as showing
"Not Connected."
The application finds the soundbridge by name and by IP address - same result with the display however. (Internet radio works ok too)
Any Ideas what the issue is?
thanks
Bob
BT Home Hub and Pinnacle Soundbridge homemusic

obvioustroll

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:00 am

Hmmm....

What kind of soundbridge and what firmware are you running?

The only thing I can think of is that the display data isn't being sent from the soundbridge.

Assuming that it's running 3.0.x firmware, you might want to reset it and see if it makes a difference.

adxltd

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:12 am

Hi
model number is M400PX and it is running v 3.0.44.

Tried reseting the soundbrige - no change to the behaviour.
????

adxltd

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:21 am

Additional info.
When I use firefox to log in to the soundbridge via its IP address, it shows the track, artist, etc. i nformation ok

adxltd

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:34 am

Update: same behaviour on XP Sp2 using the same version of the application and Java.
Sort of inplies the problem is with the soundbridge?
Bob

buchanan

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:06 am

I don't believe either the Pinnacle HM or the Roku M500 support the RCP GetDisplayData command, which this program requires. So it is indeed a problem with the SB, but it's a model limitation rather than a problem unit. There is at least a possibility that it could be fixed in a future firmware release, since the docs suggest that it's been considered, but for now it doesn't work.

adxltd

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:23 am

Ah well, here's to the future.........Mr Roku - something for my Santa list?

thanks to you both for looking at this .

thanks
Bob