Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cromei

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:08 pm

Great program!!! My wife has finally fallen in love with the Roku due to this program!! (She only liked it before :P)

Just an FYI, and I have no data to support this, yet... My wife and I were playing dueling Soundbridge Commanders and it brought our M2000 to its knees. We were both adding music to the queue, and the display scrolling of the song went way down in speed. It also started to stop playback of music from my firefly server for moments before restarting, the log of firefly told me it was the Roku that broke the connection.

I have a feeling we probably shouldn't do dueling Soundbridge Commanders, but did want to report that this happened...

Craig

bobinchicago

Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:57 pm

I've found a minor cosmetic bug -- I have two M1001s and an R1000. The R1000 window defaults to the screen size for the M1001s. Generally, if I forget and then discover the R1000, it resizes properly, but once or twice it's stayed at the wrong size. Not a big deal, since the screens are still navigable. And if I can provide any further info don't hesitate to ask.

google1980

Roku Commander - Great Software

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:32 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know my positive experience with this program and maybe help some people out that are without/lost a remote control for their Roku system

I had forgotten the remote control at the office and only had the Roku M1001 and the power adapter that I brought home. As there are no buttons on the Roku I had to figure a way how to use the Roku without a remote.

Found the Commander software and it works great with my setup. I plugged the Roku directly intor my router and the software found the IP and voila instant Roku control!!

I then had to move the Roku downstairs to where the sound system is connected, but its too far away from my physcial router to directly use the ethernet cable.

So long story short, had to change the Wireless router settings to NO SECURITY and 802.11b only mode(not mixed b/g mode). I then reset the factory defaults on the Roku, so when you reboot the Roku(power cycle, remember I have no remote) it will automatically look for a new SSID and connect. Once it is connected, power up Commander again and you're good to go!

Thanks again for the excellent software!

adxltd

M400 not supporting RCP GetDisplayData command

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:19 am

Hi
Given that http://www.radioroku.com/index.php shoes shows what is playing

could your program be amended to use the same command(s) as it uses?
thanks Bob
BT Home Hub and Pinnacle Soundbridge homemusic

Eben

Internet tablets and Extended SoundBridge Remote Control

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:45 am

This is awsome.. with long awaited features. With your program now in place, I am looking to take it to the next level of control.

I have 3 ROKU M1001 Music Players. 1 upstairs, 1 in the family room
and 1 in the basement. The Player in the basement is hooked up to a bose lifestyle 28. Bose lifestyle runs to outdoor speakers thru the bose link amp.

I am searching for a way to control ROKU from outside. Does anybody know if this program can be loaded onto a NOKIA 800 Internet tablet.
There are no such remote controls that I know of that would have this interface. Sonos has a similar remote option, but too expensive and my music library is 50k+.

patbeppo

GUI is stuck

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi,

I have just downloaded the generic Java version, unpacked it and tried to start it using

java -jar SoundBridgeCommander.jar

from a console window on a Ubuntu 7.10 (AMD64) machine, SoundBridge is a M1001 with the latest firmware (3.0.44).
As described in the docu a small popup window appears after a few seconds entitled "Searching". After another few seconds in the console "Service added: SoundBridge" is output and in the before empty text line of the drop down box "SoundBridge" is being displayed. However clicking on Ok, cancel, or even trying to close the window does not work: nothing happens. In fact non of the GUI elements seems to be responsive to anything. I can still kill the process with a ^C in the console.

Any help is highly appreciated.

adxltd

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 pm

I have Ubuntu 7.10 too.
I need to install Java as well - you may have done this.

I placed the jar file on the desktop and simply double clicked to activate the application - it works fine for me - appart from not displaying what is currently playing.
regards
Bob

patbeppo

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:27 pm

adxltd wrote:
I have Ubuntu 7.10 too.
I need to install Java as well - you may have done this.

I placed the jar file on the desktop and simply double clicked to activate the application - it works fine for me - appart from not displaying what is currently playing.
regards
Bob

Hi Bob,

thanks for the reply.
Which package for Java did you install? I have "java common", version 0.26Ubuntu1 and "java-gcj-compat", version 1.0.76-4Ubuntu1 installed.
Are you also running 64Bit?
Regards,
patbeppo

adxltd

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:54 am

Hi patbeppo
When I look at the about box for the application it says it is
"running with JDK 1.6.0.03",
ie Sun Releases Java 1.6.0.03 (JDK 6 Update 3)

When I right click on the application, it offers
Open with "Sun java 6 Runtime".
I got it from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
hope helpful
regards
Bob
PS I an runing 32bit

patbeppo

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:27 am

adxltd wrote:
Hi patbeppo
When I look at the about box for the application it says it is
"running with JDK 1.6.0.03",
ie Sun Releases Java 1.6.0.03 (JDK 6 Update 3)

When I right click on the application, it offers
Open with "Sun java 6 Runtime".
I got it from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
hope helpful
regards
Bob
PS I an runing 32bit

Hi Bob,

thanks for the tip. I installed Java from the link you indicated and it now works! I am wondering how to do a "clean" installation of Sun's Java since it does not come as a debian package. Did you install it into /usr/local? Do you not have any other Java packages like the one I named installed in synaptic?
Is it maybe better to use the .rpm and convert to debian??

To the authors of SoundBridge Commander: very nice program indeed. Are there sources available?

adxltd

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:15 pm

"Did you install it into /usr/local? Do you not have any other Java packages like the one I named installed in synaptic?"

Well to be honest, i am not sure the installation ended up ok but i cannot take the credit for that ;-)
Bob

buchanan

Re: M400 not supporting RCP GetDisplayData command

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:51 pm

adxltd wrote:
Hi
Given that http://www.radioroku.com/index.php shoes shows what is playing

could your program be amended to use the same command(s) as it uses?
thanks Bob

In principle this would be possible, but I'm not sure the result would be satisfying. The UI for this program is based on the idea of emulating the remote and the display, and the usability of the remote is really dependent on being able to see the display, for example to see where you are in navigating the "browse" list/menu sequence.

It would of course be possible to design a program to use RCP in a more sophisticated way to get around this limitation (some other programs you'll find here work that way), but by the time one did that it really wouldn't be the same program any more.
Last edited by buchanan on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buchanan

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Are there sources available?

On the SourceForge page is a tab/menu marked "Code/CVS", which contains instructions on how to do an anonymous CVS checkout. The existing Ant build scripts I believe will work without change on Mac OSX, but may need a bit of tweaking to comment or stub out the OSX packaging if building on other machines.

moeller

problems with soundbridgecommander

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:41 am

Hi,

I’ve got problems with the soundbridge commander. I use Soundbridge M1001, Windows XP home, windows media connect 2.0 and java-platform 6.1.6. The network and soundbridge are working. The mp3 are placed on the same pc, I want to run the commander on.

Now starting the soundbridgecommander, I’ve got to enter the ip-adress of the soundbridge. When I’ve entered the ip-adress and press “okâ€

obvioustroll

Re: problems with soundbridgecommander

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:44 am

The only thing that comes to mind is the version of Java you've got running on the home system. SBC should work with just about any version of java newer than 1.4, but it sounds like maybe you've got a problem with your installation.

You might want to try downloading the newest version of Java from Sun and see if that works any differently.

Also, make sure you have the newest version of SBC. The 1.0 version had a bug that caused graphic rendering problems on some slower Windows machines.

moeller wrote:
Funny: The commander runs very well on my laptop, which works in the same network.

Is there anybody out there, who has an idea for me?