Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

iamfugly
Topic Author

Connecting Soundbridge to Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi,
I have a Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS and would like to play my mp3 music directly from this via a soundbridge (by wired cable), without the need of a pc.
Before I go out and buy a Soundbridge is this possible???

The only music player I have seen that can do this is the Sonos. But I am not too keen on having the wireless on constantly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

andyg

Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:09 pm

I have a Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS and would like to play my mp3 music directly from this via a soundbridge (by wired cable), without the need of a pc.

http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/

no.7 is what you're looking for :D have a good long read of that and here (even longer read!):

http://www.nas-central.org/index.php/Main_Page

get your head around it before doing anything rash :shock:
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8

oliverst

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:26 am

The Linkstation Live will do this 'out of the box'. No firmware modifications required. It has a built in iTunes 7 server. This works very well, Iam using this solution at the moment.

overdrivegt

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:27 am

I have a linkstation live feeding my Soundbridge 1001 and it only seems to pick up the first 300 tracks.

Also, When I go to 'change library or configuration', the linkstation has two entries; connecting to one tells me that there are 'no entries found', the other contains the first 300 or so tracks in my library which when I browse 'all music' lists all tracks from A to C, meaning that anything with a title from C onwards alphabetically is not accessible.....

90% of the tracks are ripped from CD using WMP11 in wma format. Any ideas?