Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cakes
Topic Author

script for reading from soundbridge?

Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi,

I am looking for help on a script to read some info from the soundbridge via Telnet.

Since i have rebuffering problems (http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=15462), I would like to experiment a bit with the location of my unit, and see if wifi is the problem, and if yes, at which signal strength levels. So I thought about a script that would every minute check which song is playing, and what the signalquality is.

I can telnet into my soundbridge, and also found the RCP commands I would like to issue (GetWiFiSignalQuality, GetPowerState, GetSongInfo). Unfortunately, I cannot find an easy way to automate it. Searching this forum, I found a lot of examples, in perl, java,.... but my programming skills are not up to date anymore... :(

I tried with putty (plink), but could not succeed in issuing a command to the soundbridge. Instead, I just got the soundbridge prompt.

Could someone help me with a sample script just reading one of these values and write it too a logfile? Ideally in a scripting environment that runs on WXP without having to install too many things. I think I just have that many programming skills left to change a working script....

Thanks !

Cakes
Server: WXP-SP2 PC with Firefly and GBPVR (tv, video,...)
Clients:
1x soundbridge homemusic
2x Hauppauge media MVP