Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gnu83
Topic Author

Control Soundbridge from the computer?

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:33 am

Hi! Im pretty new on this thing, I have a brand new M1001 and firefly media server on the computer, and it works great! But I wonder if I wanna sit and work on the computer for example and want to change song from the windows like in winamp or Itunes, is that possible? I tried on2share with winamp but It did not work out to great...

Keagen

Controlling

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Yes it is possible. With Winamp and DSP-Plugin (Shoutcast) or VLC Player you can directly stream sound to SoundBridge. For controlling Volume etc. i propose my tool.

For more information how to configure VLC player look at
http://home.arcor.de/keagen

Greetz Keagen

gnu83
Topic Author

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 am

Okej I have downloaded your skin for VLC but I dont really understand how to configure soundbridge to connect with computer? These lines: ---------------

Setup the first preset in SoundBridge in the following way:

Code:

[A1 Name:] computer audio stream

[URL:] http://192.168.1.11:8000/audio.mp3 (your PC-IP-address+ ":8000/audio.mp3")

Where in the soundbridge menusystem should I print in this?

danme

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Do not use the Roku remote control! Access the web page presented by the SB using a browser, e.g. http://192.168.1.12 (of course dependent on the IP assigned to your SB). Select the "quick choices" (?) tab, edit the first preset ("A1") and save using the button at the bottom of the page.

Keagen

Danme is right

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Hehe, did not know that my homepage is so confusing.

My SB Remote control is just for adjusting the volume and switching between presets, not the more. AFTER you made the VLC shortcut and created the preset you can use it for connecting to the "video stream preset".

Before that, you can "only" use it for connecting to any preset or adjusting volume.

For creating a new preset you must connect with an webbrowser directly to your SoundBridge and creating a new preset there.

This solution is just a workaround. You configure your VLC to play an "internet radio station" which is only available in your LAN.
And you configure your SoundBridge to connect to an "internet radio station", but its in fact an "Local Area Network radio station".

greetz Keagen

gnu83
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:47 am

Hmm I suck at this... VLC: Unable to connect to 192.168.blablabla:8000

And the soundbridge doesnt find the "station" either... :S

Keagen

well

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:05 am

Yes...

The SoundBridge should connect to the URL which is provided by VLC. VLC should not connect to anything, it just provides a streaming URL.

well, maybe it is easier for you to use the original remote control =)

gnu83
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:58 am

Well, I dont really understand what Im doing wrong... I just put the URL in VLC Networkstream box-field. And the URL in the soundbridge config, and the soundbridge just says cant connect to "computer audio stream" ... GAAH! *nuts!*

Keagen

I can say what's wrong.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Dont put anything into the network stream box, it doesn't work. VLC has not to connect to anything. SoundBridge has to.

Create a shortcut in the way it is explained on my homepage...
This shortcut configures VLC automatically when you start it.

Greetz keagen

gnu83
Topic Author

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:18 am

Okey thanks

Keagen

???

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Does it work ?

Greetz Keagen

Keagen

More specific =)

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:58 am

Hi!

i would not use Jetcast. I tried it, but the quality is pretty bad, and its not really made for streaming in Network.

For streaming with Winamp, you need of course Winamp itself,
the a DSP-Plugin which you get on Shoutcast.com and a Server. I prefer Icecast, because it runs in Background.

Winamp:
winamp.com

Shoutcast DSP-Plugin:
http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/shou ... indows.exe

Icecast
Icecast.org

Then you need to install all 3, activate the Plugin in Winamp Preferences and configure the IceCast-Server (you configure it in a text file).

Last step: you need to save the streaming URL provided by Icecast in a SoundBridge preset. Then start the Server and choose this preset in SoundBridge. Voila...

In addition my remote control fits perfectly in such a system, because winamp cannot change the volume, and you need a program which does:
http://home.arcor.de/keagen

Keagen

Hmmm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:23 am

Shoutcast DSP must be open and activated.

Greetz Keagen

normacker

Controlling SB remotely

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:01 pm

I realize that I can access the basic control functions like start, pause rewind and volume, but is there any way to choose music or playlists remotely? My SB is downstairs connected to my stereo gear, and I'd love to be able to browse for and play music from my browser here in my home office upstairs. Is this a pipe dream or has Roku come up with a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Norm

wideasleep1

Re: Controlling SB remotely

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:56 pm

normacker wrote:
I realize that I can access the basic control functions like start, pause rewind and volume, but is there any way to choose music or playlists remotely? My SB is downstairs connected to my stereo gear, and I'd love to be able to browse for and play music from my browser here in my home office upstairs. Is this a pipe dream or has Roku come up with a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Norm

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=3904
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!