Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

awillo
Topic Author

Squeezecenter and Soundbridge Radio

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:25 pm

I am already running Squeezecenter 7.0 (previously known as Slimserver) on my server and would like to use this to serve music to both my new Soundbridge Radio (running v 3.0.51 beta) and to my Squeezebox. SB can see the Squeezecenter, but when I try to connect it says a software upgrade is required, and when I press the brightness button as instructed it just hangs.

I have seen some posts saying that Slimserver is no longer supported or recommended, but has anyone actually got this to work? Any advice appreciated!

Snakeu

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:30 am

Hi,

I have a SB M1001 since a month or so. I also use Squeeze Center (7.0 beta) as I control my set with a Nokia tablett 770 or my IPhone. The upgrade has run flawlessly on my SB.

The only problem I have is that the volume can't be set on the web ui of SqueezeCenter. I must use the remote of the SB to change output volume.

Another strange thing is that when I try to play synchronized with SoftSqueeze on my PC SoftSqueeze hangs at times and it's not usable but this is probably an issue of SoftSqueeze.

Hope this helped and sorry for my poor English (I'm French)

benbloom

Re: Squeezecenter and Soundbridge Radio

Tue May 13, 2008 8:55 pm

awillo wrote:
I am already running Squeezecenter 7.0 (previously known as Slimserver) on my server and would like to use this to serve music to both my new Soundbridge Radio (running v 3.0.51 beta) and to my Squeezebox. SB can see the Squeezecenter, but when I try to connect it says a software upgrade is required, and when I press the brightness button as instructed it just hangs.

I have seen some posts saying that Slimserver is no longer supported or recommended, but has anyone actually got this to work? Any advice appreciated!

I am having the same problem with my Soundbridge Radio. Wish I had a solution to keep peace with my gf

benbloom

Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 pm

benbloom wrote:
I am having the same problem with my Soundbridge Radio. Wish I had a solution to keep peace with my gf

Nevermind. I just discovered Firefly. it does IT ALL and works faster than squeezecenter. good work! My girlfriend and I will live to share the computer for another day

digitalknight

Firefly?

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:57 am

Do you have a link? Is it open source also?

Burkhardi

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:31 pm

benbloom wrote:
awillo wrote:

Yes, try mode #40
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Burkhardi

Re: Firefly?

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:33 pm

digitalknight wrote:

I assume you mean for FireFly?
If so http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

digitalknight

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
digitalknight wrote:

Yes I did. Sorry about that, I thought I used the QUOTE option.

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

Burkhardi

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:51 pm

digitalknight wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:
digitalknight wrote:

Yes I did. Sorry about that, I thought I used the QUOTE option.

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

Your very welcome. You may have quoted it, this forums engine (phpBB)does strange stuff sometimes, there are time where people don't get their PM's too.
I think you will like Firefly!
Regards, Matt