Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mzklvr
Topic Author

SlimServer or SqueezeCenter Volume Control

Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:00 pm

I re-imaged my hard drive, and when I reinstalled SqueezeCenter, the volume control in the top right, 1 - 11, no longer works. My girlfriend has never been able to get hers to work. She has had two different laptops, one with XP Pro and one with XP Home. I thought she was an anomoly, but now it's happened to me. Mine worked fine for years, over my laptop with XP Home SP2. Now it doesn't work and it is driving me f***ing bananas!!! Also, everything else works in the top right, like stop, pause, etc...Just the volume does nothing, no matter what number I press. The volume on the M1001 is at 100%. Also, the setting in SqueezeCenter relating to the "digital ouput level being fixed" or "volume controls adjust digital outputs" does absolutely nothing. Having working volume controls is so important, I'll ditch the Roku for a Squeezbox if this can't be fixed in short order...I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. I've spent countless hours on the Roku forum and the Slimserver forum, to no avail.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

mzklvr
Topic Author

Fri May 23, 2008 9:22 am

Forget it. I figured it out. Thanks for all the replies.