Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Are you happy with this web based remote?

Yes
1 (25%)
No
3 (75%)
Somehow (read my remarks in this thread)
No votes

Total votes: 4

fredlcore
Topic Author

Web based remote for Soundbridge Home Music

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi,

I have a Pinnacle SoundBridge Home Music and was very happy to find thakoman's web based remote for the M1001 here.
Most keys work with the Home Music as well, but I thought it would be nice to have the extra keys, like presets or browse mode as well.

You can download it from here.

I put it on my Asus WL-HDD after installing thttpd-php with ipkg, no further settings were necessary, it should run right out of the box. You just need to set your IP in send.php, that's it.

Apart from having all Home Music keys ready at hand, I also used a little trick which enables me to have some kind of "key-buffer". When you click on the image several times, you don't have to wait for the response, because the FORM-targets are invisible frames that are being selected one by one. There are 20 of them, so basically you can hit a key (like Volume Down) up to 20 times and all will be transmitted (sooner or later, depending on the speed of your webserver, my WL-HDD sometimes took a few seconds, but most of the time all clicks were sent and received).

The "purple button" on the remote is set to "Search" function (CK_SEARCH), but you can just edit remote.html if you want any other function like CK_ALARM or CK_SNOOZE of course.

The only thing I'm not really happy with is the image quality. In the manual, there is only an image of the remote of the M1001, so I had to take my own. If you can come up with a better one, I'd be happy to replace it.

Let me know what you think,

Frederik.

P.S.: You might wonder why I use GET-method for form transmission. This is because my Nokia E51 seems not to be too happy with Javascript and sending forms the POST-way (or the way it is coded here). When I changed to GET, all worked fine, with the drawback that all actions are logged in the webserver's log. If POST is not a problem for your "remote device", then just change it in remote.html at the bottom of the file.
Last edited by fredlcore on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredlcore
Topic Author

RokuWebControl: Extended version of WebRemote

Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi,

I have updated the web-based remote script a while ago but forgot to post it here.
The new version offers a search function that can browse your music library by album, artist or composer, you can view and add songs to the playlist and also get information on the song currently playing.
As I still am not allowed to make attachments to this post, I put it on my server again, download it from here.
Here's a screenshot which might give you a better impression that it's worth installing this littel tool ;).

Of course you can still use the mouse and click on the remote-control image to activate the corresponding function.

Setting the IP number is now done in rcp_session.php. Here you can also set the size of the Playlist form field and the HTTP-method for form data transmission.

Keep in mind that some searches can be very time consuming (especially if the go across all available internet stations) and sometimes the script might therefore hang. Restarting the browser should do in most cases, sometimes a restart of the webserver might be necessary, however.

Hope you enjoy this little tool, let me know if there are any questions.

CU!

F.

P.S.: Can someone of the board admins remove the "poll" from this post? I must have accidentally activated it, but it doen't make sense in this context ;)
Last edited by fredlcore on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Magnate

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Just wanted to say thanks, this is awesome. It's *exactly* what I've been looking for.

Cheers,

CC
"When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a Communist."

fredlcore
Topic Author

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi,

glad you liked it. May I ask in what kind of configuration you are using it? I found the WL-HDD to be the perfect companion as it can also be used to run Twonky media server, so you have basically all in one without the need of a fully fledged home server. But would be interesting to see other configurations.

illiac4

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 am

Hi! TNX for the script it works qiute good.
I have it on NSLU2+Cherokee web server+php. It works good. It would be nice to have the feature so that you could select more than one soundbridge.
I'm using four 2xM400 and 2x1001 so i have created four folders on web server but wiht different ip adresses.

Another feature will be so that instead of ip adresse, you could use DNS (dyndns,...) like http://server_name:port/

Tnx