Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tstumpfl
Topic Author

UPnP Control Point Issue

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:42 am

Hello,

I'm encountering some difficulties when controlling my SoundBridge M400 via UPnP. The SetAVTransportURI and SetNextAVTransportURI do not work properly. The soundbridge always says "Unable to play UPnP song..." or if I specify meta data as well, it says "Unable to play <songtitle>..." Anyway it is not playing. If I select the song manually on the soundbridge using the IR remote control, everything works. So the soundbridge gernerally can connect to my servers.

I have tried all software versions and different servers with different network setups.

Currently I am using the most recent version 3.0.4 but it still has the same behaviour. All other commands as Play Pause Stop and so on work great as well.

Can you please advise.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Tobias

tstumpfl
Topic Author

Other software

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:44 am

By the way I forgot to say, that I have also tested other software as Cideo and it doesn't work too. The soundbridge shows the same behaviour.

Thanks for helping.
Tobias

Kawa

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:32 am

Hi Tobias,

When implementing a upnp-controller for a soundbridge, how do you solve the problem of sending a action to the soundbridge?

Im using cyberlink upnp development package and my soundbridge model is Pinnacle M1001.

I can find and identify the soundbridge from my computer but Im having difficulties sending actions.

If you can give an example for setting/getting the volume on the soundbridge.

Regards,
Kawa

Kawa

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:32 am

Btw Im implementing the software in Java. :)

tstumpfl
Topic Author

Libraries

Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:00 am

Hello Kawa,

I am using the standard UPnP libraries from Microsoft which provide functions to invoke actions of services on the devices. Basically it works fine since I can control nearly any device but the Roku soundbridge fails to play the uri I am sending to it.

Anyway it also fails to play if I control it using Cidero so I think that there must be something wrong with my network architecture or the software...

Can anybody please help!?

Thanks and best regards,
Tobias