Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

blabberhound

Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:34 am

Does anybody know if this program is still available?

The link does not work, but it sounds cool....

Magnate

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:05 pm

The link worked ok for me, but the program doesn't start at all. I'm using the openjdk in Linux (Debian Lenny, openjdk-6-jre version 6b11-6) and it just thinks about it for a few secs (different cursor) and then gives up.

Anyone currently using this?

CC
"When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a Communist."

drgonzo

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:24 pm

The new version is a really nice, but more importantly, very promising piece of work...

Would you be willing to release this to open-source?

I wanted to see the internals, so I decompiled it with Jad and made some changes that got album art working correctly (pulling from Amazon) as well as making some speed improvements and adding a docking framework so it looks and acts better. I'm about to add lyrics support as well.

I would like to continue making changes but also release this under the GPL so others can add things too and together we can make this absolutely amazing.

In the longer run, I'd like to decouple the SoundBridge backend from the frontend, so the same UI could eventually be used to control SqueezeBox's, other A/V devices, etc.

However, it's your source code, and it's your work, so I would also like permission before I distribute any changes based on it.