Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chris5287
Topic Author

RokuRemote on iTunes/App Store for iPhone and iPod Touch

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:15 am

Hi guys and gals. Just doing a little shameless self promoting :wink: I have created a remote application for the iPhone/iPod Touch to control your Roku music devices, and its just popped up on iTunes for download. It's only £1.79 (Just using this really to gain the apple developer's cost back, when they say free it isn't to get started)

iTunes Store direct link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290002607&mt=8

Roku Forum Thread: http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=16212&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Wondercow

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:28 pm

I just downloaded the app and I really like it—it's almost perfect :)

From the limited testing I've done so far I'd like to give you the following feedback/suggestions:

-I'd like to see full control of the input source (libraries, internet radio, AM/FM)
-I personally would like to have the year of the track displayed after the album name
-Sometimes the display doesn't automatically switch to "Remote" after a song begins
-We might need to change the name of the device (in the "Devices" list). Right now all we can do is delete and re-add
-Lastly (for now, anyway ;) ) it'd be great if you could work in control for every function of the Soundbridge i.e. make this app a true replacement for the remote

Keep up the GREAT work (and I truly hope enough people buy this to compensate you for the $99—at least)!

Edit:

It seems that browsing by song loads in some seemingly random order. It's by artist, but the songs are not in track order nor alphabetical. That being said I really like the search function.

Given the search ability, the Soundbridge display not changing, and this app's ability to load my entire library, I guess you're telling Firefly to send all info to the iPod/iPhone?

Lastly, from where does the album art come?
~Moo!
-----------------------
iTunes, iPod, iMac, iPhone, not Itunes, IPod, IMAC, iphone
MAC = Media Access Control while Mac = a brand of computers

chris5287
Topic Author

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks wondercow for the feedback, I'm keeping a list of requested features here: http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?p=100721#100721 so please keep checking here and add anything else you can think of.

Thanks again

maxg

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:14 am

I just love it! Thanks a lot!
Max

cakes

great

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:58 pm

just download the app, works really nice. Still fairly basic but it is a 1.0 version. I'm looking forward to the next releases.
Server: WXP-SP2 PC with Firefly and GBPVR (tv, video,...)
Clients:
1x soundbridge homemusic
2x Hauppauge media MVP

kddiehl

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Great app.. Been hoping for something like this.

A couple questions:

Using the latest version, which I purchased tonight- Sun Oct 19.

All songs under the album heading come up in alphabetical order, as opposed to track order.

How do I add a net radio station to the favorites list?

One suggestion:

Would it be possible to make the text of what is currently playing larger?

Such as:

Artist
Album
Song
Elapsed time

Thanks for all your good work.

KlaasV

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:58 am

kddiehl wrote:
How do I add a net radio station to the favorites list?

Log in to Radio Roku, register your Soundbridge and add favourites. But always bear in mind that Big Brother Roku is watching you when you do that.

Regards
Klaas

tsparc

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:12 am

I downloaded this last night and it worked straight away on my M1001. Easy to use. Album art and lyrics. Only negative was track order within albums as mentioned in previous posts.

Liked it better than plug player which I am also trying out.

It's stuff like this that makes me wan another Roku. I love the machines but the previous lack of anything like this was making me look at slim devices and sonos which I really didn't want to do.

eljeffo64

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 am

Just downloaded it - it works well; the only sticky bit is the volume control, it turns down the volume nicely but is hit and miss on increasing the volume (might be my device, we'll see).

Also I think it would be better if the toggle for the sleep control showed the time selected on the ipod screen - I have to be able to see the Soundbridge radio to be sure what delay I've selected.

Nice app.

J

PabloPSD

Excellent!!

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:27 am

:D :D This is a great application. My Roku has been sitting since I moved last year, as all my gear is out of site in this house, and I haven't had a chance to do a finished installation of everything. Was going to have the Roku visible. I decided to just hook it up and play some holiday music, then I found this application. I love being able to have it out of sight with everything else, and still see what's going on. Has worked pretty much flawlessy. Just locked up the touch once. Almost tempted to buy another touch so my wife can use it when I have mine with me! I like being able to show off to to others what we are doing too! :lol: Excellent. Thanks.

kddiehl

Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Any chance the album sorting will be fixed soon??

colincliff

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:43 pm

kddiehl wrote:
Any chance the album sorting will be fixed soon??

A little bump for this. Would be great if songs could be displayed in the correct album order with twonky.

Any updates for this app planned?