Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ckaneusgtf
Topic Author

Can the Soundbridge use a Web based Media Server?

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Right now I am using Firefly and it has a web based configuration. But does the Soundbridge work with a internet based server where I can upload my songs and not have to have my computer on to listen to my music?

Thanks in advance.

TobbeWilson

Not Internet but Ethernet

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey, you can have your songs on a NAS, and use Firefly to distribute them through your Network for SoundBridge to find. Some NAs has the abbility to install Firefly directly on the unit, other wise you need a running computer for it. Internet is only used for listening to the radio and it does not require any computer, just your broadband.

ckaneusgtf
Topic Author

Web Based Media Server

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:32 am

I suppose I could. I have researched and other media players are offering online websites to do just this. Does Roku plan on participating?

dupondt

Re: Web Based Media Server

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:40 am

Hi ckaneusgtf,

other media players are offering online websites to do just this.

Could you tell us which manufacturers of media players are offering such a service? I have never seen anything like this and can't imagine that someone would be offering enough free space to store the amount of tracks that average SoundBridge users might have.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

ckaneusgtf
Topic Author

MP3tunes.com

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 am

If you go to MP3tunes.com you can see the devices they support. Roku is not one of them. Logitech Squeezebox Plus looks like the most attractive device.