Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

inutch
Topic Author

RokuRSS : RSS reader for SoundBridge (AIR application)

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi,
I released RokuRSS, RSS reader for SoundBridge.

* RokuRss can display RSS without stopping music.
* It works on Adobe AIR runtime.

http://inutch.xrea.jp/soft/rokurss/index_e.html

I tested it on M1001.
Please tell me whether it works on other models.
---
inutch

ferryb

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 am

Can't tell if it works on a other model then the 1001, because that's the one i use.
But thanks a lot for sharing this great hack. I am loving it..

Fer

ongy

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi inutch
I'm keen to try RokuRSS. I note the warning about overwriting the preset
"Warning : Preset number selected here is overwritten!" but I presume this can be reset back to a normal preset function if I decide not to use RokuRSS? Does it parse xml urls? Will Soundbridge retain the RSS settings so that RSS will display automatically and does it need Adobe AIR runtime to be running at the same time to display RSS?
Thanks
ongy

inutch
Topic Author

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:09 am

I note the warning about overwriting the preset "Warning : Preset number selected here is overwritten!" but I presume this can be reset back to a normal preset function if I decide not to use RokuRSS?

No, this cannot reset back to the previous preset. But, you can overwrite the preset manually. RokuRSS does not change the function of preset area. This software just uses the title area of the preset to display RSS.

Does it parse xml urls?

Yes. RokuRSS parses the RSS contents of xml urls.

Will Soundbridge retain the RSS settings so that RSS will display automatically and does it need Adobe AIR runtime to be running at the same time to display RSS?

Yes, RokuRSS has to be running while displaying RSS.
If you enter the RSS url, RokuRSS parses the RSS, and sets the item of the RSS contents in the preset of Soundbridge at specified intervals.
---

inutch