Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mraneri
Topic Author

Any Development Activity? Is Roku fixing bugs?

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:26 pm

I've come across at least two...

"NowPlayingRemoveAt" seems to crash with large shuffled playlists.

When Shuffle is toggled (by any means), "GetCurrentNowPlayingIndex" returns the playlist index of the track in it's previous position, before the shuffle/unshuffle. Only after that track completes (at the end or due to a Next/Previous command) is the returned value accurate.

The second one is likely an easy bug to fix. The first may be more tricky. It's just not clear that ANY activity is ongoing at Roku on the Soundbridge platform. I hope I'm wrong, as I've been a long-time fan of the Soundbridge and a user since 2004.

Expecting echos, but hoping for a reply...

- Mike

mraneri
Topic Author

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Yeah. That's what I was afraid of. Seems Roku support of the soundbridge is dead. Disappointing. It's still such a great device.

mas

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:26 pm

The Roku Soundbridge products have reached the end of the lifetime cycle. There is no further development and also no further bugfixing done. I do not expect to see any new firmware version.

Oh, the above info is not official of course, but you can judge from the lack of an official response to this posting that it is nevertheless the correct status. I dare to predict there will not be any response to this post from the official side.
Those who sacrifice freedom over safety deserve neither.

DJans

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:20 am

The ROKU soundbridge is indeed an amazing gadget and I have always fun using it. I too think that ROKU does not spend any further development into it but why?

Everybody I know is looking for an internet radio at the moment and the Soundbridge looks much better the nearly any other player.

I do not know neither ROKU does not present a successor of the Soundbridge nor does not support the existing models.

carsokk

Also, fewer places to purchase

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Another tell-tale sign is that there seems to be no place that carries the Soundbridge except Amazon & Roku. Do a search in Google shopping and then go to the web retailers that come up. Almost all will be a dead page or a "no longer in stock" or "no longer available" message comes up.