Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tandtbanks
Topic Author

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Loaded this up having had problems getting Jamcast / soundcard, and got it working in 5 minutes.... superb!

alhmayes

How do I find my computer on Soundbridge Radio

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi and sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but I wondered where I put the IP address of the PC /or the generic address mentioned in the previous posts after installing the DLL's.

I have managed to find my windows media library in the past and connect that up via windows media connect but that it as far as my "skills" have ever got me.

Is it something I have to type into the soundbridge radio and do you think it might upset any connections to my windows media library?

Apologies - am pretty green when it comes to this sort of thing!

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

alhmayes

It Works!! Spotify Lives!!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Just wanted to say have tried the instructions after finding my ip address and working out needed to insert it as a radio preset / favourite. And now:

- it plays Spotify
- it shows the track info
- it even switches laptop speakers on and off and has a cool blue symbol in sys tray when not connected which goes green when connected.

If there was an award for services for streaming music it should go to the heros in this thread who have put this together!

:D

mattjamesuk

Re: Now listening to Spotify on my SB and seeing song titles!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:53 am

This works amazingly, am so grateful to the guys behind putting this together, has really enhanced how I listen to music!

Matt

alhmayes

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:45 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if changes have been made on Spotify etc to stop this working. Had this working fine for several weeks and it has just suddenly stopped connecting. I have not changed anything in terms of settings and I know that the IP address I have inserted into Spoundbridge preset is the right one. Is it possible firewall is blocking the port 8124? I can still connect to my local PC media library OK so know that my soundbridge is able to talk to my PC.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Kind Regards

alhmayes

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:05 am

Hi - I just mentioned I was having problems but have now sorted it out - for some reason my computers IP address had incremented by 1 digit (without me changing anything!) Weird but important thing is am now connected again!
:roll: :D

Bloodsport

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 am

DSBridge is a fantastic way for me to control Spotify on my laptop and listen through my Roku with some decent speakers and volume. Sound quality is pretty good, nothing special but considering the ambient noise where I live, it's fine.

I'm still trying to get DSBridge to work with MediaMonkey (which I use for storing and playing all my MP3's and podcasts). The only problem seems to be the variable bitrates of my files. It seems to work perfectly for any file with a bitrate between 128 and 300. However, some of the podcasts are 64 or 96 and it's like listening to people on helium, whilst the MP3's over 300 (specifically all my recent ripped CD's at 320) don't work at all. I'm still looking into it.

ali

Re: Now listening to Spotify on my SB and seeing song titles

Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi All

Ive been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now without success.

I have downloaded the files (DSbridge dll and lame_enc.dll) and put them in the same folder as Spotify. I have gone to the soundbridge url and added a station with the ip address of the PC followed by :8124 and still get nothing.

Can anyone tell me where Im going wrong please?

Many thanks in advance

Alistair

PS. The PC is running Windows 7 and I have an M2000.

geekeleh

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks for the posts suggesting a visit to the slimdevices forum. I have now been able to get Spotify to stream to my Roku Soundbridge by following the instructions that I reprint below. The only SB specific change I needed to make was to make Spotify a preset using the instructions below to create the URL. My comment to the slimdevices forum is followed by the detailed instructions. These are the from post 428 from Last Man at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... 90&page=43

I am a Roku Soundbridge user. Sadly, this device has been abandoned by Roku in favor of their streaming video players. However, I was able to use these excellent instructions to stream Spotify to my Roku Soundbridge, which is connected to a stereo system in my living room. After placing the dsbridge and lame encoder files in the Spotify and Flash folders, all I had to do was create a preset with the URL being the IP address as specified in the instructions below. I am now freed from listening to music through my low fidelity computer speakers in my office. I am a new US Spotify listener (we just got it in the US), and will sign up for the unlimited plan if this solution continues to work.

[QUOTE=TheLastMan;596810]IMPORTANT EDIT
Note the final backslash in the URL for the favorite! Missed in the first version of these instructions.

Yes, it works with any SqueezeBox by imitating an internet Radio station. You do not need the Premium version. You can stream from any PC on your network that is running Spotify, but with some limitations.

- Download the DSbridge zip file via this site.

- Find (Google) and download the Lame MP3 encoder. On Windows it is called "Lame_enc.dll". It is available in lots of places so you should not have much trouble finding it.

- Set up a static IP on the computer running Spotify. The easiest way is to get your router to link a particular IP address to the MAC address of your computer. Most routers can do this but ask again if you have difficulties.

- Use the SqueezeboxServer web interface to create a "favourite". For instance, if the IP address of the computer is 192.168.1.5 then the Favourite should be "http://192.168.1.5:8124/"(note the final backslash). The "8124" figure is the port number that DSbridge uses by default.

- From the DSbridge zip file you need to drop all the files, plus the Lame_enc.dll file, in both of the following folders:
1. the Spotify installation folder and
2. the Adobe Flash installation folder. The latter can vary depending on your installation, but on Windows XP it is c:\windows\system32\Macromed\flash

Start Spotify and start playing some music and, in Windows, you should see a blue disk appear in your system tray (next to the clock). Then using the Touch or web interface select and "play" the favourite you have just created. After a few seconds of buffering you should then hear the output from Spotify play through your hi-fi and the blue disk will turn green.

It sounds complicated, but once set up it is a doddle to use and, to be honest, the Spotify interface is so much easier to use than the Napster app that I use it in preference. You don't get the artwork - but that is not much problem.

Personally I use it from my laptop. So in my setup, Spotify streams wirelessly from internet router to laptop, then DSBridge streams the music wirelessly from laptop to router then wirelessly from router to Reciever. It works fine. Given all those wireless hops it is a miracle it works at all![/QUOTE]

LngdnAlger

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Everyone -
I had this working on a WinXP machine and recently moved to a Win7 Professional machine and I can't get it to work. I dropped the *.dll files into both the Spotify (C:\Users\mwilliamson\AppData\Roaming\Spotify) and Flash (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash) directories. I have tried a couple different versions of the DSbridge and lame files. I get as far as the blue bot showing that it's connected - hovering the mouse over the blue dot shows "DSBridge HttpServer: http://localhost:8124/".
The favorite URL is set up on the Roku (same as when it was working on XP machine - updated only the new IP address) but it can never connect and on the PC the blue dot never goes green.
Any ideas on this? I love using Spotify this way and hope I can get it up and running again with this Win7 machine...

Thanks!