Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

alhmayes
Topic Author

Trying to play Spotify,inserting IP add. as per thread

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi, I posted a question on the thread below as it looked like a great way to get Spotify to play from laptop and output via Soundbridge Radio.
Here is the thread:

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=spotify
And this was my specific question:

Hi and sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but I wondered where I put the IP address of the PC /or the generic address mentioned in the above thread after installing the DLL's.

I have managed to find my windows media library in the past and connect that up via windows media connect but that it as far as my "skills" have ever got me.

Is it something I have to type into the soundbridge radio or on the PC?

Apologies - am pretty green when it comes to this sort of thing!

Thanks for any advice you can offer :? I just got my radio back from forum user "hillyp01-roku" with power supply and speakers repaired (highly recommended if you are suffering the Soundbridge "power" issue!!) and am really looking to try to get the most out of it now!

alhmayes
Topic Author

It Works!! Spotify Lives!!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Just wanted to say have tried the instructions after finding my ip address and working out needed to insert it as a radio preset / favourite. And now:

- it plays Spotify
- it shows the track info
- it even switches laptop speakers on and off and has a cool blue symbol in sys tray when not connected which goes green when connected.

If there was an award for services for streaming music it should go to the heros in this thread who have put this together!

:D