Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mcfh
Topic Author

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:09 pm

Burkardi,
Caller ID should work OK - you will probably need to configure your modem to provide the info.

The error on medred is almost cetainly due to the incorrect Visual Studio DLLs (see my installer page for details- I am awaiting a fix from MS)

Those of you having problems - with the device properties - this is almost certainly an installation problem (we just need to pin it down) can you check whether there are registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MediaRenderer.

I wonder if a lot of the problems are caused by the need to install the new c++ libraries and not rebooting before you install my app (in which case it can't register the DLLs)
Mark
M2000, M1000 & R1000 on iTunes and XP SP2
Integrate your Soundbridge with Windows

Burkhardi

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:17 pm

mcfh wrote:

Those of you having problems - with the device properties - this is almost certainly an installation problem (we just need to pin it down) can you check whether there are registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MediaRenderer.

I have no entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ called "MediaRenderer", is it in a sub dir?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Wired Jambo

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:38 am

mcfh wrote:

Nothing here either.

mcfh
Topic Author

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:04 am

OK that's a problem - can you see if there is a progam installed on your PC called regsvr32 and run regsvr32 MedRed.dll (regsvr is normally in windows or windows systems and MedRed should install to Program Files\RokuNSE)

Wallebalboa

RSS Configure...

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:48 pm

The RSS is really good...
Would it be possible to add more config options to when its displayed?

i would like it to be like this
standby > Roku "screensaver" (time and date, NO RSS...)
no music but on (paused)> RSS
music playing > song and artist info

probably diffrent from the caller id which i would like to display every time it calls whatver mode the roku is in...

kind regs

Wired Jambo

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:22 pm

mcfh wrote:
OK that's a problem - can you see if there is a progam installed on your PC called regsvr32 and run regsvr32 MedRed.dll (regsvr is normally in windows or windows systems and MedRed should install to Program Files\RokuNSE)

I have regsvr32(in various places, including windows system32 files) and MedRed.dll (in RokuNSE) but when I run regsvs32 MedRed.dll I get the error message "LoadLibrary("MedRed.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found".

mcfh
Topic Author

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:12 pm

This smells to me of not installing the latest MS Visual Studio libraries (see the install page of my web site for details). To prove this you can install an app called depends.exe (search for it on google) and see which DLL is missing.

Mark

Wired Jambo

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:34 pm

mcfh wrote:
This smells to me of not installing the latest MS Visual Studio libraries (see the install page of my web site for details). To prove this you can install an app called depends.exe (search for it on google) and see which DLL is missing.

Mark

If I'm doing this right, I seem to be missing 2 DLLs named DWMAPI & EFSADU (Error opening file. The system cannot find the specified file (2).).

I also get the following warnings:

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

mcfh
Topic Author

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:36 pm

can you mail me a screenshot or extract. One of those is OK - the other I haven't heard of.
THanks
Mark

Burkhardi

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:50 am

I do have the EFSADU.dll w/o issues as far as I can tell. I do have an error with DWMAPI like you, it's "Error opening file. The system cannot find the specified file (2)" just like you.

Wired Jambo wrote:
mcfh wrote:

Mark

If I'm doing this right, I seem to be missing 2 DLLs named DWMAPI & EFSADU (Error opening file. The system cannot find the specified file (2).).

I also get the following warnings:

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

mcfh
Topic Author

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 am

Wired Jambo
In the screenshot I have seen you have a missing function in SHLWAPI.DLL - this will be where our problem lies. I need to understand what function it is, what version of SHLWAPI.DLL you have installed (so I can check against mine) and I can then hopefully fix this. It looks like another consequence of updating to VS .NET 2005 SP1 and the latest Platform SDK in preparation for Vista...

Mark

PS - If anyone is running my app on Vista I would be very interested in the results. I am hoping to not have to upgrade for a while...

iolo

Vista problem

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 am

Hello,

I have tried to install your app on Vista and have the following problem: the installer ask for the MS XML parser and gives an URL to get the missing code: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... e85e1857b1

At this adress I have downloaded and intalled the msxml6.msi but the installer is still requesting it. Do I miss something ?

Thanks for your help
iolo

mcfh
Topic Author

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:57 am

I haven't bitten the bullet yet and forked out for Vista (waiting a few more months until all my apps are supported on it...) so haven't been able to test it (was waiting to see what happened....)

Having just done some googling it appears that MSXML6 is now a core part of Windows so I need to modify my installer to only check for this pre-Vista. I will do this at as soon as I can and publish a new build.

Mark

iolo

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Ok thanks for the quick reply!
I will wait for this new build then.

iolo

SirAiwa

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:41 pm

It's sure a nice piece of software, congrats.
A couple of issues here on my first attempt to use it:
- As for "hability to detect a possible firmware upgrade", it is suggesting me that for the PRESETS tab to work I need to update to 2.5.171, when I already have 3.0.18.
- It also told me that a new firmware is available: 15066341.76..etc which doesn't look like a real thing, and to which I did not dare to reply YES.
- As for data services, I've set show content when device is powered off, display roku rss newsfeed server, and added to xml addresses (http://www.estadao.com.br/rss/tecnologia.xml if that matters). The checkboxes are marked, but nothing shows up on the SB display.