Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Ihayes
Topic Author

PDA Cannot Connect

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:30 am

I have a PalmOne LiveDrive, the browser is called Blazer.

Whenever I try to connect to the SoundBridge using my PDA I get an "Unknown eror" and the page will not load.

I have checked the page with my PC using Firefox and it works OK.

Is Palm OS suppoted.
Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I will have another beer.

Burkhardi

Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:51 am

I have the same issue using Xiino too. Blazer would not work, so I tried Xiino and same thing. I need to play with the firewall settings I guess. I have a Treo650 and use the Reverse DUN to access my network via Bluetooth. Funny, I can ping the soundbridge thought, just can't connect via a browser.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Ihayes
Topic Author

Re: PDA Cannot Connect

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:08 am

Follow up to the above.

I have just tried using my PC on the same segment of my network behind the firewall of my wireless router. I can connect using Firefox.

I'm wondering if the problem is the capitals in the url. I get the same error on the Palm whether I use caps or not.

The SoundBridge web server is case sensitive. I tried the url using my PC with all lower case and the SoundBridge returned "The requested URL '/soundbridgenp.html' was not found on the RomPager server."

The problem maybe the Palm browsers are sending the url in all lowercase regardless of how it is entered.

Burkhardi

Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:04 am

Can you ping the SB via your palm? Go to prefs on the Palm, goto Network and then when your on the network you use, goto options and slect View log. It will show you a whole bunch of stuff and at the end tap on the screen and it will give yo a cursor.

Type "ping www.google.com" then hit the enter/return key. Then try "ping 192.168.1.1XX (1XX is what ever the DHCP have your SB). I am doing this post from memory, so the instructiosn may be off a tad?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Ihayes
Topic Author

Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:29 am

I can ping both google and the SoundBridge and receive a reply.

Browsing the internet has never been a problem.

Cheers
Ian

Burkhardi

Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:58 pm

Ihayes wrote:
I can ping both google and the SoundBridge and receive a reply.

Browsing the internet has never been a problem.

Cheers
Ian

I can do the same, just wonder we can ping it, but not see the internal webpage.

alizarin

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:23 pm

Same for me with LifeDrive and Blazer 4.1. The new http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/SoundBridgeNP.html works fine with Safar/Firefox, but not with my Palm ("unknown error")...

RokuMike

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:05 pm

I don't have access to a LifeDrive, so I don't have any easy way to try this out I'm afraid. I would be surprised if it were a case sensitivity issue, though. I would expect any reasonable browser to return a useful error message if a page is not found.

domjalo

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:38 am

I think the issue is the same as the one I brought up in this thread:

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3470

Blazer doesn't seem to have good error recovery, and would need a small change to the html code in the internal Soundbridge webpage. I'd be happy to try out a test version from Roku...?

Dom

Burkhardi

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:53 pm

I have my Treo 700P now, anyone get anywhere with this? I am running Blazer V4.5

goldend329

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Has anyone found a work around for this. I have found that with my Tungsten C via the internal LAN I can get to this, but not with the Treo, Using Bluetooth, which enables me to stay on my LAN. The error message is unsupported file type, but I think I'm just trying to serve an html page.

Any know of ways of doing this. So far, I can only control the Soundbridge by VNC into my desktop.
David Golden

BigTone

Palm issues

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:36 pm

Umm.... I had the same problem with my palm T|X. I'ts an issue with blazer not supporting the little applet in the webpage which is either activeX or java or some other witchery.

However... it's been nagging at me so much, i got of my butt last week and dived into the wonderfull world of palm programming and wrote a remote control app.

Its not finished, and i make no promisses as to stability, but if anyone wants to try it, fling me an email at bigtone (AT) newton.geek.nz and i'll send it to you.

Tone

jxlh999

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:48 am

maybe the Palm browsers are sending the url in all lowercase regardless of how it is entered ....maybe

Sparkyt

Lifedrive & Novii remote

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:12 am

I realise that you guys are discussing network control, but if your treo has IR capability (I know the Lifedrive has) you might like to try Novii remote.

OK, its not free, but once you have designed your layout and gone through the teaching process, not only will it work the SB, but also your amp, tv, DVD, cable etc, etc,etc.

As long as you can point an IR remote at it, it will learn it... even IR controlled cars!
SB1001+ NSLU2 + Firefly svn-1568 + Maxstor 3200+ Amp= alot of clear shelves where my CDs used to be!

If at first you dont succeed... buy a bigger hammer!

XIONG

Sun May 11, 2008 9:21 am

Infrared control of the car, your good ideas, but in the current somewhat unrealistic.