Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tal
Topic Author

Re: a few feature-requests...

Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:19 pm

airflow wrote:
1) I think it would be great if there would be also an option for VisualMR to automatically reconnect when the PocketPC is waking up (after falling asleep e.g. because you havent't used for some time).

I'll add that to my todo list but don't expect to see that soon (to much to finish first)

airflow wrote:
For some reason, it doesn't work with amazon.de, perhaps they changed the way they build their URLs. It works with amazon.com, though.

I know it did work for Amazon.de. So it seems they did change the URL (but strangely only in Germany). I'll look into fixing that.

airflow wrote:
The other thing I'd like to mention is that amazon offers a separate style/design of their page for use with mobile devices!

Could you give me a sample URL for that layout? I haven't seen it yet.

airflow wrote:
I like the way of building playlists with VisualMR very much, this is way I prefer this over all other alternatives to control the Roku SB. But it would be great if there was also a way to save the playlists somehow to recall them later.

There is currently no good way of achieving this kind of function. Anyway I plan of adding some kind of workaround support if Roku doesn't update the firware for really supporting thgis feature.

airflow wrote:
4) And finally a suggestion for the internet-radio part of the Roku's - as this functionality was much improved with the newer version of the SB-firmware, it would be cool if this could also be incorporated into VisualMR.

That will definately in the next version of VisualMR (infact my development version does support all this already :) ).

Cheers
Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR

airflow

Re: a few feature-requests...

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:16 am

tal wrote:
I know it did work for Amazon.de. So it seems they did change the URL (but strangely only in Germany). I'll look into fixing that.

Hmm, I have to stand corrected - it's not that simple that it doesn't work generally - in fact it works in most cases, but in some cases there seems to be a problem with the URL-generation. It's easily reproducible:
  1. Start VisualMR and play some music, click on the cover to go to to the page on amazon: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004UAQS
  2. Now switch off the PDA and turn it on again. The network-connection has to be reestablished, after that click on "connect to soundbridge".
  3. VisualMR displays the correct cover and music-information, but when you click on the cover you are sent to a malformed url which gives an error-message only: http://www.amazon.de/s?ie=UTF8&%2AVersi ... tries%2A=0 It's not possible to fix it by skipping to another track or to control/stop the soundbridge and restart it, the only way seems to be to close VisualMR and restart it. Then it works again.
airflow wrote:
The other thing I'd like to mention is that amazon offers a separate style/design of their page for use with mobile devices!

Could you give me a sample URL for that layout? I haven't seen it yet.

Of course, for the album in the example above it's http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d.html/ref=m ... B00004UAQS

Great to hear that your still actively developing the software, keep up the good work! Will you announce a new version here in the forum?

Thanks,
airflow

HansO

Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Thanks for a great utility! I have tested it with my Pinnacle Soundbridge HomeMusic and the program on a Windows XP SP2 PC, an Axim X30 and a HP iPaq 4150 and it works fine all these devices.

geekeleh

Wonderful Application

Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:26 pm

Thank you for creating, updating, and sharing Visual MR. It is so much more user friendly than the Roku remote. I have been using it for a few months on a laptop. Recently I purchased a used pocket pc for the sole purpose of using it as my SoundBridge remote. Your program works perfectly on it (HP Ipaq 3115). I will post that information to your pocket pc thread.
geekeleh

illiac4

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:20 am

Hi!

Is it possible to use RokuRadio service with VisualMR?

Cheers and TNX for great program.

tal
Topic Author

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:13 am

illiac4 wrote:
Hi!

Is it possible to use RokuRadio service with VisualMR?

Cheers and TNX for great program.

The current version (V1.6) has limited support only: you can browse RadioRoku by Genre and do a station name search ("song title" will be the name of the radio station).

The next version of VisualMR will have (among other cool new features :wink: ) full Radio Roku browsing. Although most stuff is already working fine, it's still quite a lot of work left to make the current build a releasable version. Cleaning up code and finallizing a version isn't much fun to do :( for a spare time activity. That's why releasing it keeps on slipping. But I really hope that I 'soon' manage to release VisualMR 2.0 (probably as a stable beta).

Cheers
Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR

mjfowler

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:28 am

VisualMR is great! I run it on an iPAQ 4150 PDA, with zuovo's EasyIcons skin, to control my Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic.

However, when I start VisualMR after turning on the PDA I consistently get the error message 'An error occurred while connecting to 'Soundbridge' Details: Can't connect to 192.168.0.30'.

I find that if I close and then restart VisualMR, it will eventually connect - usually at the third attempt - and then everything is OK.

Has anyone else come across this?

Also, I saw mention of version 2.0 - how is this progressing? and will there be a version available for Linux PCs?

Mike

vaughan

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:15 am

mjfowler wrote:
VisualMR is great! I run it on an iPAQ 4150 PDA, with zuovo's EasyIcons skin, to control my Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic.

However, when I start VisualMR after turning on the PDA I consistently get the error message 'An error occurred while connecting to 'Soundbridge' Details: Can't connect to 192.168.0.30'.

I find that if I close and then restart VisualMR, it will eventually connect - usually at the third attempt - and then everything is OK.

Has anyone else come across this?

Yes I get this all the time. When you switch on your PDA it needs a little time to connect to your wireless access point. Just wait a short time and off you go.

moldowan

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:52 am

Anyone here using VisualMR with the brand new Samsung i900 Omnia?
It has a rather unusual screen resolution of 240x400 (Wide QVGA),

Blueglass.Standard skin is not working (error message pops up when trying to run the application) and Blueglass.VGA displays more than what can fit on the screen...without the possibility to scroll.

tal
Topic Author

Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 am

moldowan wrote:
Anyone here using VisualMR with the brand new Samsung i900 Omnia?
It has a rather unusual screen resolution of 240x400 (Wide QVGA),

Blueglass.Standard skin is not working (error message pops up when trying to run the application) and Blueglass.VGA displays more than what can fit on the screen...without the possibility to scroll.

Lately device makers use screen resolutions that different from the original set that Microsoft requiered them to use. VisualMR still relies on the old resolution set most devices support: 240x320 (and 320x240), 240x240, 480x640 (and 640x480), 480x480.

The current version assumes wrongly that the Omnia has a VGA screen - that's causing your problems. I'll see if I can fix it in the next release (but it is a pain to test all new resolutions - I don't know if there is even an emulater for 240x400) to base the display on the 240x320 screen.

For the moment all I can suggest is that you try the VGA skin and modify the layout xml files (this fixes the main screen but not the lists): if you devide every location in the layout xml files (like portrai.xml) by 2 you'll get a layout that fits on your screen.

Thorsten

moldowan

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:00 am

tal wrote:
For the moment all I can suggest is that you try the VGA skin and modify the layout xml files (this fixes the main screen but not the lists): if you devide every location in the layout xml files (like portrai.xml) by 2 you'll get a layout that fits on your screen.

I found various <Bounds>-Tags in (for example) portrait.xml. Do you mean dividing the values of the X and Y attributes in those tags? Or also the values of the Width and Height attributes?

And what about Width and Height in the toplevel <Form>-tag?

EDIT:

I divided all Width, Height, X and Y value I could find including the two in the toplevel <Form>-tag by 2, AND IT WORKS!
Thank you!

In portrait there are now of course two grey, unused bars in the upper area and in the lower area of the screen (I guess each has a heigth of 40 pixels).
I will play around with the layout a litte bit.

Lists look good by the way!

sconchiti

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Hey Moldowan-

I am the proud new owner of an omnia, and would love to put visualmr on it. Any chance I could get a hold of the changes you made?

my email is sconchiti@gmail.com

Thanks.

Schlitz

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:00 am

Hello,
will there be further updates, new features for VisualMR in the future ?

tal
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

Schlitz wrote:
will there be further updates, new features for VisualMR in the future ?

Ah, that's an easy question - the answer is: yes!
There had been a few people donating for VisualMR and therefore I really feel obliged to release V2 somehow.

The more difficult question would have been: When will there be a new version? :wink:

In fact I did spent a lot of time this year finishing VisualMR V2 (mostly I managed to bring myself to finishing pending features instead of adding cool new stuff I like to have :lol: ). Unfortunately there are still two things that needs fixing and of late I have again only little spare time available. Therefore I can't promise any dates but I really like to get V2 out sooner than later.

Thorsten

tal
Topic Author

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:44 am

tal wrote:
The more difficult question would have been: When will there be a new version? :wink:

I had a week of holidays at home where I could work on finishing V2. So I finally released VisualMR V2 :)

Please let us keep this thread for V1.x related discussing and V2 discussion in this new thread where you can also read more about the VisualMR V2 release.

Thorsten