Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
zuovo
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 pm

Re: 240 x 240 resolution.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:42 pm

glennkil wrote:
Is there a skin for Visual MR ythat suits 240 x 240 resolution? My IPAQ has a square screen and the initial discovery screen has the buttons out of sight at the bottom of the screen.


My two skins are designed for 320x240, but I think all of Thorsten's skins (including the standard BlueGlass) provides 240x240 layouts. Maybe this doesn't affect the discovery screen, though.

But you can use your dpad (or jog dial, if you have one) to select the SoundBridge, even if you can't see the button.

BTW, which ipaq model is this?
 
glennkil
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:29 pm
Location: Canberra Australia

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:13 pm

it's an ipaq 6965. Wish I'd forgone the keypad for some extra screen size.
 
tal
Topic Author
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Re: 240 x 240 resolution.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:06 am

glennkil wrote:
Is there a skin for Visual MR ythat suits 240 x 240 resolution? My IPAQ has a square screen and the initial discovery screen has the buttons out of sight at the bottom of the screen.

I hope you did receive my email on this, too: the default skin supports 240x240 as zuovo pointed out but since I don't have a square-screen device I never could really test VisualMR with that resolution and I never got feedback (good or bad) from any user having such a device (probably because square screen devices are a minority).

If you encounter dialogs being to big please email me which dialogs don't fit (a screenshot would be very helpful) and I'll try to fix that with the next release.

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR
 
glennkil
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:29 pm
Location: Canberra Australia

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Thorsten.

Sorry I didn't receive your email on this subject but I'm glad to hear that the default skin should be adequate. Looking forward to trying out your product.

Cheers

Glenn
 
Bill W.
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:32 am

what is wrong

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Hello Tal -

I am using VisualMR V1.6.0.28183. What I can see in Jukebox plays great and I love the program. However, I am finding some problems and I am sure that I need to fix something, but I don't know what.

My music library is in MP3 format and I maintain all the metadata tags (ID3v2.3) using Windows Media Player V10. All tags are in perfect shape - as far as I can see in WMP, all fields are populated and correct, and I confirmed this using MP3tag v2.38.

However, when I use VisualMR and select some Artists in Jukebox, I see the wrong Album name for that Artist and that Album has no Songs in it. The correct Album for that Artist does not appear at all. That wrong Album then appears twice under the correct Artist.

The error rate is probably 5% of my 6,000 songs - wrong Album or wrong Songs for an Artist. The error is in Jukebox and in Browse.

The files are there; I can Browse UPnP Folders and drill down to the files, but for some reason their metadata is not up on the Jukebox.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
Bill W.
 
tal
Topic Author
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Re: what is wrong

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am

Bill W. wrote:
However, when I use VisualMR and select some Artists in Jukebox, I see the wrong Album name for that Artist and that Album has no Songs in it ... The error is in Jukebox and in Browse.

Since VisualMR gets the song/album/... info from the SoundBridge I really cannot think about a way how VisualMR could be the source of this.

Since the SoundBridge in turn gets it data from the music server I guess that somehow your music server's library is messed up. If you say you use WMP10 I assume that you use WMC2 as the server? I'm not sure about it but there ought to be a way of rebuilding its internal database -> probably a question for the "SoundBridge General" forum.

Could you please check if you encounter the same wrong response when browsing directly on the SoundBridge screen (not using the Folders since that is working in VisualMR, too as you pointed out)?

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR
 
Bill W.
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:32 am

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:22 am

Tal -

Thank you for the response, and for educating me on how this works. I thought VisualMR was pulling data from the tags, but now I understand that it comes from WMC2.

You were right, the same errors appear on the Soundbridge. I should have checked that.

I will look into rebuilding the WMC2 database.

Thanks again, and watch your paypal donations for my contribution to your efforts.

Bill Williams
Bill W.
 
Bill W.
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:32 am

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:43 am

Tal -

Sorry to be back again, but I am still having problems with the data.

After a lot of interaction at another thread:
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... light=bill
I still have errors.

In visualmr, if I look at Jukebox I find an Artist with the wrong Album listed; the correct Album is not there at all. That wrong Album has no songs in it, and if I try to open the Album the error message is: "No items found, maybe the library does not support browsing..".

However - if I Search for a word that is in a Song title by that Artist, I find that song in the search results. Selecting that song displays the correct Album and other data.

Why is it that the Album/Song do not appear in the Jukebox under the Artist, but I can find the Song if I search for a word in the Song title and all the correct Artist/Album data are there?

In Jukebox - Artist - Wrong Album - No Songs
In Search - Song Title - Correct Album - Correct Artist
Bill W.
 
tal
Topic Author
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:52 am

Bill W. wrote:
In Jukebox - Artist - Wrong Album - No Songs
In Search - Song Title - Correct Album - Correct Artist

Could you please check directly on your SoundBridge if there is the same wrong assignment if you use Browse/BrowseArtists/ArtistName -> Wrong Album (NOT using Browse Folders!)?

I really expect that you see the same behaviour on the SoundBridge itself since VisualMR only displays what the SoundBridges sends it. Why the server reports the wrong album for an artist - I really have no explanation.

But then Artist - Wrong Alum => no Songs is then expected because VisualMR tells the SoundBridge to ask the server for songs matching both the artist and the wrong album -> no matching songs. For search, VisualMR simply tells the SoundBridge to ask the server for any songs with a matching title ignoring artist and album.

So for me all points to a problem (bug?) in WMC2.0.

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR
 
zuovo
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 pm

VisualMR SoundBridge timeout/connection problems

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Thorsten - You know I love VisualMR...but unfortunately I haven't used it for a while because I have trouble connecting to my SoundBridges. Here is a typical sequence:

1) Launch VisualMR.

2) Wait cursor spins for about 10 seconds, then I get this error:
An error occurred while connecting to 'SoundBridge Name'

Details: Communication with your SoundBridge failed: Timeout: 2033 vs. 2000 (GetConnectedServer)


3) Try to connect again, and this error comes up immediately:
An error occurred while connecting to 'SoundBridge Name'

Details: Can't Connect to <ip address>


4) Try to connect again, cursor spins for about 10 seconds, then I get this error:
An error occurred while connecting to 'SoundBridge Name'

Details: No Answer - Expected: 'SoundBridge>'



Sometimes the connection works after a few attempts, sometimes not. Sometimes it connects, then later I get an error like:
An error occurred while loading the list.

Details: Comunication with your SoundBridge failed: Timeout: 2040 vs. 2000 (GetCurrentNowPlayingIndex)

Please reconnect to your SoundBridge.


I can telnet into port 5555 on either of my SoundBridges for RCP control, no problem.

I have the "Slow Server" option selected in VisualMR, but this makes no difference.

Any ideas? If this is due to SoundBridge or network delays beyond your control, is there any way to modify the timeout interval?

Thanks!
 
tal
Topic Author
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Re: VisualMR SoundBridge timeout/connection problems

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:41 am

zuovo wrote:
Hi Thorsten - You know I love VisualMR...but unfortunately I haven't used it for a while because I have trouble connecting to my SoundBridges. Here is a typical sequence:
...

Any ideas? If this is due to SoundBridge or network delays beyond your control, is there any way to modify the timeout interval?

I don't think that increasing the timeout would help you much. As one could see from few attempts where you got past that initial statement it is more a problem with the connection.

I never encountered something like this myself but there were two users with similar problems where the problem boiled down to a problem with the WLAN implementation on quite old PPCs when the workload was to high. While I made VisualMR work on that configuration by finetuning some paramters, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a similar problem in your case.

So the question is: what did change in your system that VisualMR suddenly doesn't work anymore? Maybe you changed something that increased the workload on the PPC like activating advanced encryption, installing other software, running low on memory, or maybe even some changes to the skin could cause the workload to increase (larger images,...).

Could you please tell me which type of PocketPC you use? Have you tried if VisualMR works for you on the PC? I would expect it to still run fine on the PC.

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR
 
Bill W.
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:32 am

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 am

Tal -

You were right - WMC2 definitely has bugs. I finally updated WMP from 10 to 11 and all the problems went away. VisualMR shows everything correctly now.

Thanks

Bill W.
Bill W.
 
FOxy
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:53 am

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 am

is it possible to make the "messenger now playing" part configurable?
i mean ,that it would be great to select which item to show, and its orders.
like: artist - title or artist - title - bitrate ...
 
zuovo
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 pm

Re: VisualMR SoundBridge timeout/connection problems

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:11 pm

tal wrote:
I don't think that increasing the timeout would help you much. As one could see from few attempts where you got past that initial statement it is more a problem with the connection.

I never encountered something like this myself but there were two users with similar problems where the problem boiled down to a problem with the WLAN implementation on quite old PPCs when the workload was to high. While I made VisualMR work on that configuration by finetuning some paramters, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a similar problem in your case.

So the question is: what did change in your system that VisualMR suddenly doesn't work anymore? Maybe you changed something that increased the workload on the PPC like activating advanced encryption, installing other software, running low on memory, or maybe even some changes to the skin could cause the workload to increase (larger images,...).

Could you please tell me which type of PocketPC you use? Have you tried if VisualMR works for you on the PC? I would expect it to still run fine on the PC.

FWIW, I use a Dell Axim X30, 624Mhz, WM 2003 SE, Funk Software Odyssey wifi client (included in Dell ROM), WPA TKIP encryption.

Changes in the past few months:

1) Upgraded from VisualMR 1.5 to 1.6.

2) Upgraded from SoundBridge 2.7 beta to 2.7 final (and 3.0 beta on one unit).

3) Neighbors have put up at least 2 more wifi networks (but on different channels, so probably not an issue).

4) Rearranged hardware, so SoundBridge and PPC are usually in different rooms.

That last change makes it difficult to tell exactly what is happening. It is possible that I was having the same problem with PocketPC-SoundBridge connections a few months ago, but I didn't notice it because I could just pick up the IR remote to fix it. But I don't think so. I am pretty sure this connection problem happens more often now.

Anyway, if there is anything VisualMR could do to help with this - longer timeouts, automatic retries, whatever - that would be fantastic. Thanks for your help. :)
 
rob_cart
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:06 pm

Shortcut to UPNP folder

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:24 am

Hi, top class software - thanks

I was just wondering if you could make a shortcut to the a UPNP folder. as i have to click UPNP, then folders, then music, etc to get to my folder structure. I prefer to browse music this way rather than got through artists or albums.

Basically its just me being lazy and wanting 1 click and im at my folder than has all my music in not having to go through so other folders to get there.

is this possible ?

Thanks in advance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest