Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

collett_steve@hotmail.com

Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:39 am

Just Downloaded the update - love the ability to play individual tracks from the browse lists.

Lets hope that some of the RCP bugs get fixed in the next SB firmware update!

Can any of the Roku boys set some expectations here please??? :wink:

tal
Topic Author

V0.9.7 released for firmware V2.5.57 ('V2.5 beta 2.1')

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:33 am

I just uploaded version 0.9.7 of VisualMR for all users running the latest beta firmware V2.5.57.

Most significant changes:

- Updated for SoundBridge firmware V2.5.57 ('2.5 beta 2.1') ... V2.3/V2.4 NOT SUPPORTED - no need to try :wink:

- Editable Song Queue
.... 'Insert': Insert a song after the one currently playing
.... 'Add': Append a song at the end of the queue
.... 'Remove': Remove a song from the queue

- 'Browse Song Queue' highlights the song currently playing (incl. scrolling)

- Automatic setup using 'UPnP' discovery of SoundBridges (manuall adding of SoundBridges is still possible)

- Added 'Browse Folders': Now you can browse the UPnP folders (containers) provided by UPnP music libraries (NOT available in iTunes!)

- Experimental 'Rhapsody' support

A note about Rhapsody: I haven't tested it since it is not available in Germany. Please tell me if it works for you now or if not what error message is displayed (note that only Browse Folder is expected to work with Rhapsody)

And a note about SongQueue editing: The firmware is still in beta and there are some known issues (for example an unexpected behaviour if shuffle is turned on). Therefore I have only implemented the basic tasks and I haven't disabled the non-working stuff so that the Roku guys have a chance of trying it for themselfs :wink:

As usual you can download the new version from
http://www.tl-it.de/media/pages/visualmr.php

For users still using firmware V2.3/V2.4 the old version (0.9.5) is still available.

Thorsten

emmee

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:26 am

Thorsten,

It's great to hear that you've added the ability to browse containers in your latest build, Thanks!!

I couldn't find it on your website, so I'll ask you here: Will VMR run under Windows Mobile 5?

I'm trying to decide on what PPC to buy and this is critical to know in order to make the decision.

MP3 Mike

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks for making such a great product available.

One thing that I would like to see added, is the ability to drill from Artist into their albums, like the Roku does, instead of just going straight to the all tracks.

tal
Topic Author

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:45 am

emmee wrote:
I couldn't find it on your website, so I'll ask you here: Will VMR run under Windows Mobile 5?

I have run it on PPC2002, 2003 and 2003SE without problems but up to now I haven't had a chance to test it on WM5 PocketPC.

There really shouldn't be a problem with WM5 (apart from the menus looking differently because of the new softkeys) since VisualMR depends on .NET1.0 availability only and .Net 1.0 is preinstalled on every WM5 PocketPC.

Additionally I haven't heard any complains about WM5-incompatibilities yet (maybe someone with a WM5 device can comment on that?).

Thorsten

tal
Topic Author

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:47 am

MP3 Mike wrote:
One thing that I would like to see added, is the ability to drill from Artist into their albums, like the Roku does, instead of just going straight to the all tracks.

That's something I'll add very soon :)

Thorsten

collett_steve@hotmail.com

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:19 am

Thanks Thorsten, this is great stuff.

Shodan

Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:06 pm

Hello Thorsten !

Thumbs Up, Great Work !

1. The problem of the name sorted tracks seems to be solved. Now the tracks are added in the track order and not by name ! PERFECT !

2. I love the "Browse Folders" with my Twonkey as server !
I would like to change the button "Genres" to "Browse Folders" on the main screen. I looked at the xml's but ican't find the BrowseFolders action ?

3. When i browse folders i can only add one track at a time to the playlist.
I can choose play with a folder (and it will play the complete folder) but not add a folder ?

4. Is there a way i can set a default soundbridge so that when i start the program it will control this soundbridge without me having to select it ?
So that the program will start with the now playing screen ?

Keep up the good work !
Have you got a paypal account for donations ?

greetings
Shodan

tal
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:51 am

Shodan wrote:
1. The problem of the name sorted tracks seems to be solved. Now the tracks are added in the track order and not by name ! PERFECT !

That would be great but I did not change anything :?
Infact its up to the SoundBridge or (for UPnP-folders) the media server to sort the tracks correctly. Did you update to a new version of Twonky?

Shodan wrote:
2. I love the "Browse Folders" with my Twonkey as server !
I would like to change the button "Genres" to "Browse Folders" on the main screen. I looked at the xml's but ican't find the BrowseFolders action ?

In the XML-file(s) replace the Action="BrowseGenres" by Action="BrowseContainers". It's not documented within the xml-file because the action has been introduced after the skin has been created.

For the skinning definitions I use the technical names as Roku uses them in their api (like servers instead of libraries and containers instead of folders)

Shodan wrote:
3. When i browse folders i can only add one track at a time to the playlist.
I can choose play with a folder (and it will play the complete folder) but not add a folder ?

That's something I'll add soon to VisualMR.

Shodan wrote:
4. Is there a way i can set a default soundbridge so that when i start the program it will control this soundbridge without me having to select it ?
So that the program will start with the now playing screen ?

Not yet. Infact I have something quite similar almost finished but it won't be in the next release because there are still some details to sort out.

Shodan wrote:
Keep up the good work !
Have you got a paypal account for donations ?

thanks for the offer :D
That's also something I'll have to sort out, too :lol:

Thorsten

tal
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:03 am

tal wrote:
emmee wrote:

Additionally I haven't heard any complains about WM5-incompatibilities yet (maybe someone with a WM5 device can comment on that?).

At least I have heard of a user running VisualMR on an Axim X51 (which is WindowsMobile 5). Infact VisulMR should really run on any PocketPC with .Net 1.0 starting with PocketPC 2000.

BTW: all current PocketPCs (starting with WindowsMobile 2003SE) have .Net 1.0 SP2 preinstalled in ROM. So all you need to install is VisualMR and its skin(s).

Thorsten

tal
Topic Author

VisualMR V0.98 for 2.5beta4 firmware

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:43 am

I just uploaded VisualMR V0.9.8 for those of you already running 2.5beta 4 firmware

This update hasn't any new big features because I wanted to improve some internals before moving on. So the most significant changes are:

- Updated for SoundBridge firmware V2.5 beta4 (V2.5.81 or V2.5.79)

- Increased RCP stability (esp. connect to SoundBridge failures)

- Internal optimization of drawing routines

- 'File' menu available in any form (esp. usefull for features to come)

- 'Clear All' in Browse Song Queue

As usual you can download the new version from
http://www.tl-it.de/media/pages/visualmr.php

For users still using firmware V2.3/V2.4 the old version (0.9.5) is still available.

Thorsten

rem

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:49 am

hi thorsten,

is there a version on the horizon for .net 2.0?

i tried to install the newest one for 2.5.81 but it says that i need to .net 1.xx

and it's kind of odd that an old visualmr (0.9.2) still works after i installed .net 2 as a package deal when i installed ms visual web developer 2005 express edition.

when i looked into the .net folder, i noticed that version 2 didn't actually replace version 1.xx. instead, it looks like the installation is in addition to version 1.xx.

but it seems to be overiding version 1.xx, therefore visualmr 0.9.8 complains.

maybe you can change it to detect both .net versions?
rem
roku digital video player wireless
m500 hard-wired (2)
m1000 hard-wired (1)
firefly mediaserver on winxp
firefly mediaserver on mss+
d-link dgl-4300 router
(static ip on everything...except the netflix player)

tal
Topic Author

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:17 am

rem wrote:
is there a version on the horizon for .net 2.0?

i tried to install the newest one for 2.5.81 but it says that i need to .net 1.xx

Strange. .Net 2.0 really should support .Net 1.x as far as I know (I only tried it on the PocketPC)

I suppose you are installing the PC version, aren't you. So I guess that's an issue with the installer only but VisualMR should still work. MS adds some .Net detection routines and maybe they are a bit strict. I'll take a look at it.

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR

redukdaz

VisualMR Timeouts

Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi I'm using the app to control my M500 from a wifi pda (WM2005), but I'm having problems-

When I click Album, or playlist etc I keep getting timeouts saying response is 1510 vs 1500, is there a way to change this so I can use it? I can connect to the M500 with no problems

Thanks

Daz

tal
Topic Author

Re: VisualMR Timeouts

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:50 am

redukdaz wrote:
When I click Album, or playlist etc I keep getting timeouts saying response is 1510 vs 1500, is there a way to change this so I can use it? I can connect to the M500 with no problems

Seems like your music server ('library') is responding very slowly. What kind of server are you using?

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR