Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rodnheli
Topic Author

As fast as possible in MUSIC FOLDER??

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:31 am

hi!

i'm new here and since yesterday owner of an M-1001.

one thing is a little bit annonying me - and i didn't find something in the forum search...

soundbridge finds my synology (UPNP) without problems - but to play musik - it's very circuitous...

e.g.: first i have to choose synology diskstation / than choose music / an then i have my music in alphabetical order...
when music is playing and i want to chosse another folder i must navigate through (i think) four menus to be in my root folder...

in short - being in the right folder takes to many clicks...

my question ---> which possibilities do i have to be as fast as possible in my music folder? (presets, spezial remote programming...)

Could make a sequence on my harmony or use my android device - but these are not my preferreds solutions...

thanks for your help!

regards rodnheli

dupondt

Re: As fast as possible in MUSIC FOLDER??

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:54 am

Hi rodnheli,

welcome to the forums.

There's not much you can do as the "folder" structure the SoundBridge displays entirely depends on what the UPnP-AV server on your NAS offers. Furthermore due to memory limitations the SoundBridge forgets the path to previous "folder" levels once playback of a track has started.

There should be an "iTunes Server" on your NAS which could give better results. An alternative UPnP server like Twonky Server might also help.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

rodnheli
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:15 am

hi dupondt!

thanks for the fast response!

O.K. - I'll turn off UPNP feature on my synology (only soundbridge needs it at the moment) and activate iTunes server - let's see what changes i can get in folder navigation...

but i'm sure that after enabling itunes and disabling UPNP android RokuControl won't allow browsing into folders - and my music library is a mess...

needed a soundbride to start clean up my library :lol:

regards,
rodnheli

dupondt

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:55 am

rodnheli,

turning off UPnP-AV on your NAS shouldn't be necessary, as the "iTunes Server" doesn't interfere with UPnP.

However, I doubt that the "iTunes Server" will offer a folder structure as it entirely depends on correctly tagged audio files. Cleaning up and tagging therefore probably will be your best option.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot