Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kidtom

Live screen display

Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Nice program and a job well done. I have one problem I'd like to mention, one I haven't seen mentioned reading the entire thread. I'm having problems with the live screen display updating to what the SB really shows. An example would be when I stop playback, and then change songs, the display will still show playback stopped. If I shutdown ibridge while the song is playing, and then start it back up, it will then show the correct display. A small pain in the arse and I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this. Thanks.
"I Yam What I Yam"

belu

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:55 am

To my experience something comparable applies to the freq. visualizer: After firing up the SB via IBridge, you have to restart IBridge once to see the FV.
BeLu
AMD Duron 1.8GHz, 1GB, WinXP Sp2, Firefly, Pinnacle SB 400

belu

A bit of Keyboard-control?

Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:06 am

Just a point on the wish-list:

Sometimes it is more convenient to use the keyboard than the mouse.
Here are two proposals for the most basic functions (or are there already keys for that?):

As far as I see, +/- keys on the number-pad are not in use actually. What about using them as additional volume control (and maybe the num-pad-ENTER as on/off toggle - useful when the phone rings....)?

And what about Left and Right arrows (second choice: Tab/ShiftTab) changing the focus between the six "menus" (playing/playlist/genre/artist/album/song) -- so we could browse conveniently with our fingertips.... And if ENTER would mean "Queue Selection" on song, album (and maybe even on artist), then touching the keyboard alone would do it for most of the time.

I personally would appreciate that very much - but maybe I'm alone with it?
BeLu

AMD Duron 1.8GHz, 1GB, WinXP Sp2, Firefly, Pinnacle SB 400

johnnysod

Live screen display blank

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:20 am

Just started using this program, and it's great. V1.5.5

Only problem is the live screen is not working. I've tried 2 computers with the same result.

I think the problem is I'm using a Pinnacle SoundBridge v3.0.44. Does this differ in some way?

Nice Program.
John

johnnysod

GetDisplayData command not working in Pinnacle

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:03 pm

I did some experiments with Telnet port 5555 and as far as I can see the GetDisplayData command doen't work with my SoundBridge. There is no reply to the comand at all and would explain why the iBridge display remains blank. This could be a bug in the new firmware and will affect everyone or it may be just the Pinnacle version.

How do I report the bug to the designers?

John

laspero
Topic Author

Re: Live screen display blank

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:05 am

johnnysod wrote:
Just started using this program, and it's great. V1.5.5

Only problem is the live screen is not working. I've tried 2 computers with the same result.

I think the problem is I'm using a Pinnacle SoundBridge v3.0.44. Does this differ in some way?

Nice Program.
John

The Pinnacle version does not support GetDisplayData. Perhaps in the future it will return the text string. It it ever does, I'll be glad to make the change to iBridge.
ibridge.sourceforge.net

Stevenc

iBridge sometimes confuses same/similar song titles

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 am

First, I still love this software, and it really has increased how much I listen to music because it's so much more convenient than using the Soundbridge itself.

Plus, I just upgraded to 1.5.5 and installed a CAT-5 cable (instead of relying in the WiFi), and the software operates more quickly now.

There is one bug that I noticed, first on 1.5.4, but still now on 1.5.5. Now and then, when two songs have the same or nearly same titles, iBridge will confuse them (even though they are by different artists, on different albums, etc.).

This just happened with Billie Holiday, both on God Bless The Child which came up from another artist/album, and with "Big Stuff" which came up as "Mr. Big Stuff" (a completely different song).

Funny, and not a frequent problem, but I wanted to let you know in case there's a fix.

Thanks again for great software that vastly improves my use of the Soundbridge and increases my opportunities to hear my own music.

Steven

geekeleh

ibridge and windows mobile?

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Will ibridge work if installed on a pocket pc that runs windows mobile 2003? There is a compact version of .net 2 that could be installed, and I wonder if anyone has ibridge working on a pocket pc (an HP IPAQ) with the compact version of .net 2?
geekeleh

mculen

Album Art Display for 1.5.5

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:09 am

Larry - stumbling upon iBridge has enhanced the use of my soundbridge M1001 considerably - great job. Most controllability works, however, I cannot seem to get album art to display on the iBridge screen - is it supposed to?

Again. many thanks for developing a clean, simple interface.

cakes

update last played?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi,

I've been trying out this software and it works really good. Updating the trackcounter works fine in itunes. Is it possible to also update the lastplayed in itunes in a next version?

Thanks,
cakes
Server: WXP-SP2 PC with Firefly and GBPVR (tv, video,...)
Clients:
1x soundbridge homemusic
2x Hauppauge media MVP

ChrisSW

Request/Suggestion

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:13 am

An excellent piece of software - very impressive. A couple of request/questions:

1. Is it possible to have the weather facility only running as a system service in the background? I have TwonkyMedia running on an NSLU2 and could then leave the weather update running on my PC, but not require the full iBridge until I needed it.

2. Ok, so I know we're awkward here in the UK :D but is there any possibility of getting the temperature in Celsius, but the wind speed in mph?

Great job even as it stands! Thanks.

Chris