Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

veg1515

Wed May 03, 2006 3:21 pm

ok i am very new at this so i need some help. I have a m1001 and I can't figure out how to install your program i downloaded it and when i click it gives an error. Then i read that i need to put the file somewhere , you website says "you can put it anywhere" (its on my desktop ) I played with it to no avail.(when i click it says "application failed to intialize properly) Can you explain in newb terms how to install
Thanks

guysivey

Tue May 09, 2006 6:07 am

Did you install .NET 2.0 first?
You need it before iBridge will work.

mikepa

Fri May 12, 2006 5:03 pm

I have just discovered iBridge and I must say Larry, you did a great job. Setup is a little rough for beginners, but I assume you'll be working on discovering the Soundbrige(s) auto-magically.

One thing that wasn't obvious was how do I search for a particalur song - do I have to know the albun or artist to find it?
Regards Mike

Partiers_com

Sat May 13, 2006 9:51 pm

iBridge enables easy PC control of SoundBridge. Fantastic program!

Have the same questions as mikepa. Is there a way to browse the entire song library list?

crowjack

Sun May 14, 2006 3:53 am

Im a complete noob here, so apologies for the next bit:

I want to use my PC to control what music is playing on one or two M1001s. Great for parties as people can use WMP or itunes as a jukebox.

Does ibridge do this and if so does it do it with both WMP and itunes?

From reading the rest of the thread I can see everyone is raving about what you've done, so here's hoping............

RKISTNER1

Mon May 15, 2006 12:29 pm

Larry, I started a thread today under general called "Playlists/Radio not me!" Needless to say I ended up at Ibridge. Thank You! Thread explains where i'm at. Question do I have to make a playlist in WMC? All I need to do is get .net 2.0 then Ibridge. Can't believe havent had any issues yet. Than you in advance..Richard in Michigan
Dell Tower + D-link +M1000 to Carver Amp.

java

Sat May 20, 2006 10:33 am

questions:

- how can we move the album art Ibridge picks-up and migrate to i-tunes? I would like to complete my library with correct album works.

- also, my details button isn't working in version 1.4.1, is this the latest version?

Thanks

wideasleep1

Sat May 20, 2006 1:22 pm

I may be an idiot, cuz I just haven't figgered it out yet: How do I save a currently playing playlist? I just created an inspired playlist, and don't want to lose it! :)
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

laspero
Topic Author

Version 1.4.2 Available

Tue May 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Version 1.4.2 is now available.
Two changes.

1. Added Volume Control
2. I fixed the problem using itunes xml files not working.

enjoy,

Larry
ibridge.sourceforge.net

RKISTNER1

Wed May 24, 2006 5:49 am

Larry, Do I need to delete 1.4.1 before I download and open 1.4.2? Thanks Rich in Michigan
Dell Tower + D-link +M1000 to Carver Amp.

laspero
Topic Author

Installation instructions for those who forget

Wed May 24, 2006 7:38 am

Sorry it has been a while since I did any work on this. I have been busy.

Make sure you have Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0

Download zip file. Zip file contains two files: Ibridge.exe and Interop.iTunesLib.dll

Create a folder and copy both files to that folder. Folder name does not matter.

You can run 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 at the same time if you name the ibridge.exe different or put it in a different folder.

enjoy,

Larry
ibridge.sourceforge.net

theflyingrady

Problems with various artists

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:35 am

First, let me say that this looks to be the best piece of software to control the roku that I have seen. I have been searching for a decent control point program without luck, but this looks really good. Having album art show up is also great - most other control software either doesn't have it or requires their own media server to be running to view it (which is especially annoying for Pocket PC software if you don't want to use a PC also!). However, I have one small bug. To start, in my setup, I am running the twonky media server on an NSLU2. My bug is that when I choose any one of the nodes in iBridge (i.e. Genre, artist, album), in the following node (e.g. album following selecting an artist) I get told that there are no albums for that artist (i.e. the album window contains no albums) but in the lower list of songs, all the songs by that artist are there. This is especially a problem for my various artists folder (twonky broadcasts the artists in this folder as "various" regardless of the actual artist) which contains around 200 or so compilation albums. This doesn't even show any of the songs - but I figure this is because there are too many songs there and it times out. I don't have the same issue on the Roku as twonky is set up such that each of the higher nodes (i.e. Genre and Artist) contains the information for the lower nodes (i.e artist and album for genre; album for artist) recursively such that when you go into the artist node, each album by that artist is presented and the songs within that node. I hope that makes sense! Is anyone else noticing this or am I doing something stupid? could this be a timeout issue because I am running twonky on the NSLU2 and not locally? Any help would be appreciated.

srazook

Does iBridge work with Rhapsody?

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:38 am

Larry, does iBridge work with Rhapsody? I'm using Rhapsody 3.1 as my Music Server.

srazook

Does ibridge work with Rhapsody

Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:56 pm

I am using Rhapsody as my music source and server for my Roku M2000. Does iBridge work with Rhapsody?

echtepino

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:33 am

How can I turn off the weather option in I-Bridge?