Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

telles75

Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm

Larry, I just downloaded your iBridge 1.4.2 and it is the best software to control my Roku. I love my Roku since I got it in June and I have been looking for a Windows program to remotely control what I hear. This program is close to perfection.

I noticed in another thread that you wanted to start an Open Source project in Sourceforge back in January, but it never took off. I am a .Net programmer myself and I think the reason why this project failed is bacause it was started as a Java application. Honestly, I have made several programs in Java before and there is no way I would like to see a Java application to control the Roku, a C# application would be way better (sorry for the Mac and Linux users which are like 10% of the population anyways).

I would appreciate a lot if you could share the source code of the iBridge.

Thanks

elerner

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:01 pm

Huge thanks Larry!!!! iBridge is Fantastic! I can't thank you enough!

belu

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:29 am

elerner wrote:
Huge thanks Larry!!!! iBridge is Fantastic! I can't thank you enough!

Indeed!

But: Since Yesterday I get the Message at startup:

"Version has expired - Get current version." :( :shock:

There is a workaroud for the Party tonight :D

Readjusting date to 12 29 2006
starting Ibridge
Readjusting date.

But that's not the way to go forever ...

IASPERO - where are you?

Happy new year anyway

Bernd

ps the sound-bridge shows the "COMPOSER" (not the "ARTIST") when genre "Classical" is chosen. That seems a good idea to me. What about an option for this in 1.4.3?
Last edited by belu on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

manhar

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:59 am

iBridge 1.42 not working

"Version has expired - Get current version."

So where is the new version to download?

pannayar

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:08 am

I am having the same trouble..."version expired, get current one..."
I thought may be .net expired and tried reinstalling .net... no use.
The previous version works, but I miss the volume control a lot...
Any work arounds for this?

pannayar

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:43 am

The volume control is one of the most useful features.
Can the volume control be changed to a (reasonably long) horizontal slide bar? That way it is much more convenient to adjust it... may be a keyboard shortcut like j(down) k(up) ? (I am a vim fan :))

Thanks

MNWally

Version 1.4.2 expired

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:33 am

I have tried most of the 3rd party applications for my Soundbridge, and I have found that the iBridge works the best for my needs. Thanks to the author for your efforts.

When I try to run iBridge, I am getting the message that my version is expired. I am able to make it work if I set my clock back to 2006, then after starting iBridge I set my clock back to the correct date. From reading through the forum, it looks like other users are having the same trouble. Hopefully the author will issue a fix for this soon.

I like being able to have the current weather information display on my Soundbridge.

laspero
Topic Author

Back to work

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:45 pm

Sorry folks for the interuption in your service. I have been out of the country for a couple of months. I'll see what I can do about posting a new version in the next couple of days.

I'm more then willing to turn over the source code to anyone who wishes to drive a Open Source project. Send me a email or just post here.

The source is all in C#.net

thanks,

Larry
ibridge.sourceforge.net

rundalerun

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:44 am

Add me to the list of faithful ibridge users that are eagerly awaiting the new version!

I just thought I would add the fact that I would love it if there was some way to increase the font size of the ibridge weather updates so that I could take advantage of the space offered by my M2000! If anyone know how I could do this it would be greatly appreciated!

laspero
Topic Author

expiry fixed

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:32 pm

Version 1.4.3 has been placed on the web site and it will fix the expiration problem.

I also am in the process of creating a project on sourceforge.net.

thanks,

Larry
ibridge.sourceforge.net

usbrit

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Any chance of building the alarm commands into ibridge?
Works great for everything else, but would love to be able to set my alarms remotely until a "onboard" setup is available.
usbrit

MNWally

Re: expiry fixed

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:20 am

Larry,

Thanks for releasing the new version of iBridge so quickly. Your efforts are appreciated. I am running the new version now and everything seems to be working good.

I have one quick question, when I play a song, say track number 5, iBridge will show track 5 of 0, Disc 0 of 0. I checked my tag information and it shows track 5 of 12, disc 1 of 1. Do I need to edit the tag information somehow in order for iBridge to display the correct information while playing the file?

Thank you.

belu

Re: expiry fixed

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:41 am

laspero wrote:
Version 1.4.3 has been placed on the web site and it will fix the expiration problem.

I also am in the process of creating a project on sourceforge.net.

thanks,

Larry

Thanks.
Just back from a short Holiday.... and IBridge WORKS again!

bernd

laspero
Topic Author

SouceForge Project in progress

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:01 pm

I have registered ibridge as a project at SourceForge.net. I will upload the source in a few days.

If you are interested in working as a developer on this project please let me know.

Larry
ibridge.sourceforge.net

laspero
Topic Author

Open Source Project ready

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:42 pm

ibridge is now a project on sourceforge.net

you can find the current release and source code there. If you are interested in becoming a developer on the project let me know.

http://ibridge.sourceforge.net

thanks,

Larry
ibridge.sourceforge.net